Sponsored

How long did your windshield last before cracking?

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
10 years with one jeep, 2 years with gladiator. No chips or cracks :)

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
2020 48,00 MILES JULY 2019 to now.
3 chips filled in after they happened, No cracks
I think the most for one year was 7 on my 1989 wrangler.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
37,000 miles. Just cracked before Christmas. It's in the middle of the windshield heading up vertically. I'm not going to replace it until my next inspection.

Sponsored

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
2 chips, no cracks (yet), but that was after the first 2 weeks. Since then, I have tried to be more cautious, but there are a lot of folks hauling gravel....

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
3 years and 46k miles. I'm on my 3rd windshield. Probably about the same rate (1 per year) as my TJ and JK in the past.

OrangeGlad2020

First Name
Darian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Wrangler 2Sport 2dr
Until I had to use my defrost on high setting ! I have the Gorilla Glass and was on a back country road. An it just spilt heavy wide crack from the outer edge. There were no contact point just a very loud pop and instant split. It started from the lower left drivers side. The next week same conditions different road, no traffic same thing. A pop and crack starting from the outer edge inward. This time in started from the driver side mid way point. I will say before that it took some rock strikes in during highway/congested driving during the first eight months of ownership and I was impressed. Once winter cold came and I used the defroster is where my problems began, very disappointing. I would also highly recommend the Rain X Windshield Repair Kit. Absolutely amazing and will keep the cracks from spreading and visually minimizes the cracks. Its only about $12 and is essential for Jeep owners. Thx

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
In my JK I went through 3 windshields in 233K miles. So far so good with the JT.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
3 wrangler platforms over the last 5 years, 1 JKU, 2 JTs, no cracks or chips in any of them. All but my new JT (just got in August) were offroaded. I live in central Missouri, so plenty of cold weather, dirt roads, etc. Maybe I am just lucky?

Sponsored

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
Do you know where the rock came from ? Sometimes we throw up rocks on our windshield ? See my post ” My Windshield chip stopper ? Some tires hold rocks and throw them forward when you least expect it.
I've definitely found this with General Grabbers vs Coopers, I really liked both, but the Grabbers throw a lot of pebbles and the Coopers almost none.

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
I've been lucky, about 11 months with one little chip in the JT, 3-4 of those months on sanded winter roads. A lot of luck though, we went through windshields and headlights like crazy with our 05 Wrangler and now are on like 8 years without a crack. Headlights it was great replacing the stock with Quadratec LEDs/Polymer lenses. Might be coincidence, but we haven't gotten a crack in the windshield since adding 4" of lift to the LJ 🤔

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
42K hit by a rock on the highway no damage. Parked in the sun a few hours and when I went to leave the windshield was cracked. As I do not see any benefit to paying $300.00 for a gorilla glass windshield that will just do the same thing I replaced it with a stock factory glass.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
I made it 4 days ..... I picked up my new '22 JTR Gobi on December 7th and took a rock to the windshield on December 11th that created a nice ~8" crack in the Gorilla Glass.

Fortunately my insurance has $0 deductible glass coverage, so I've already got my second windshield. Let's see if I can make it a few weeks with this one?!?!? :)
almost a year.... and didn't replaced it and won't do it till the crack come in the driver side.
Sponsored