Sponsored

How much do you think I can get off MSRP for a 2022 Overland on a lot in Southern Cal?

Mnext02

First Name
Pdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Stinger
I’ve already got them to come down couple grand off of the MSRP but I’m wondering how far can I get them? Any opinion/info would be appreciated thank you so much
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not another price comparison (like comparing dicks sometimes)
Get what you can get. No one can tell you what you "can" or "will" be able to get.
It's going to VARY, plain and simple. Vary with the truck, their inventory, their sales practices, their dealership size, their location in a town, what town, what state and more.
Around here, dealers are MSRP - and they'll tell you that. Call 'em and ask about a vehicle and you get "sorry, we are MSRP only, the sticker price is our price".
Some will allow the affiliate program discounts (like TreadLightly membership can get you 1% under invoice)
It's really fruitless to even try to compare what Joe did to what Sam did and what you can do. And it's just going to frustrate you if THAT dealer won't budge.
If you got a typical dealer to come down, you've already done well. The ones bragged about here, those who brag about how much of a killer deal they got - those aren't typical dealers by any stretch of the imagination. Gupton, for example, in TN - they give killer deals but they sell volume and internet and it's on special orders, NOT off the lot and they won't even talk about trade. I've had those talks with them - they'll sell you a truck at discount if you order it, but they'll only begin to discuss trade when the new one arrives, then it won't be a good trade deal because they've already given a deep discount.
So do what you can - but don't expect anyone to tell you how much under you can or will get from THAT dealership.
Look into the affiliate discount programs - see if they accept the Tread Lightly discount scenario. That gets you a decent discount.
See what FCA is offering in YOUR location - look on Jeep dot com and see what the current deals are this month. I got $3,000 off on top of the Tread Lightly affiliate discount because FCA was offering that much if you financed through Chrysler Capital, etc.

OP
OP

Mnext02

First Name
Pdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Stinger
Not another price comparison (like comparing dicks sometimes)
Get what you can get. No one can tell you what you "can" or "will" be able to get.
It's going to VARY, plain and simple. Vary with the truck, their inventory, their sales practices, their dealership size, their location in a town, what town, what state and more.
Around here, dealers are MSRP - and they'll tell you that. Call 'em and ask about a vehicle and you get "sorry, we are MSRP only, the sticker price is our price".
Some will allow the affiliate program discounts (like TreadLightly membership can get you 1% under invoice)
It's really fruitless to even try to compare what Joe did to what Sam did and what you can do. And it's just going to frustrate you if THAT dealer won't budge.
If you got a typical dealer to come down, you've already done well. The ones bragged about here, those who brag about how much of a killer deal they got - those aren't typical dealers by any stretch of the imagination. Gupton, for example, in TN - they give killer deals but they sell volume and internet and it's on special orders, NOT off the lot and they won't even talk about trade. I've had those talks with them - they'll sell you a truck at discount if you order it, but they'll only begin to discuss trade when the new one arrives, then it won't be a good trade deal because they've already given a deep discount.
So do what you can - but don't expect anyone to tell you how much under you can or will get from THAT dealership.
Look into the affiliate discount programs - see if they accept the Tread Lightly discount scenario. That gets you a decent discount.
See what FCA is offering in YOUR location - look on Jeep dot com and see what the current deals are this month. I got $3,000 off on top of the Tread Lightly affiliate discount because FCA was offering that much if you financed through Chrysler Capital, etc.
I saw someone else got $9000 off MSRP and 0% financing for 72 months so that’s what I’m trying to get but they say they don’t offer 0% financing on that vehicle but if somebody else got it they must so I don’t know

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I saw someone else got $9000 off MSRP and 0% financing for 72 months so that’s what I’m trying to get but they say they don’t offer 0% financing on that vehicle but if somebody else got it they must so I don’t know
That is dependent on Jeep’s bank actually offering that.

This isn’t like buying an Xbox with a fixed price, what dealerships pay the manufacturer for vehicles and their margins will vary greatly from dealer to dealer and state to state.

The auto industry will probably become like the Apple Store soon with fixed prices and fees, but it’s not there yet and it leads to this frustration.

I would recommend you look at what you can get, move on what you can afford comfortably and be happy as life is short. It’s never a good thing to look where the grass is greener.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, it is not about measuring, it’s how you measure.
LOL - yeah. Sounds better in centimetres HAHA

I guess I could/should have added - off the lot is generally less likely to yield a "better deal" unless THAT dealership really wants things gone. Some don't give a rip, some will sit on last model year vehicles knowing that it's hard to get inventory, even today, and prices are going up - so showing a customer one on the lot with an MSRP that's 3 to 6K less than the new model year with the exact same options - it's going to be an easy sell to most customers - I can sell you this at 56,000 MSRP or you can order a 2023 at 62,000 MSRP - your choice.
They'll claim they are taking 2 or 3 grand off when all they are doing is quoting the current FCA incentives found on jeep dot com which most customers don't know about or never look up.
Dealers know that most customers buy off the lot. Many are impulse buys of one sort or another, they find one in the color they like, options they want (maybe missing one or two but gee, here it is we can drive it away TODAY!!! No waiting!! Dealers know this stuff - psychology 101.
Selling off the lot at MSRP and stating "we can take off 2-3 grand" because they know there are incentives out there - the customers thinks hey, great deal (never looking them up for themselves) and we get it home today.
Most dealers around here won't budge a penny from MSRP for off-the-lot vehicles, and even then, it's like pulling teeth to get them to drop for one you order. Inventories are thin, prices are going up, they know the psychology of vehicle sales. There's little reason for them to budge.
Then if you have a trade vehicle - they can play cat and mouse with you because they have two numbers to work with. And then there's the "monthly payment". They sell on that "how much can you afford each month". I throw them a curve ball and say "I want to know the out the door price, I don't give a crap about your monthly payment deal - what's MY cost out the door, your bottom dollar on the selling price. They hate that and try to divert back to the monthly payment about (looking then at my wife thinking women are most concerned about a monthly budget amount, it's ok to spend over MSRP if the monthly amount is good, right?! LOL)

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
That is dependent on Jeep’s bank actually offering that.

This isn’t like buying an Xbox with a fixed price, what dealerships pay the manufacturer for vehicles and their margins will vary greatly from dealer to dealer and state to state.

The auto industry will probably become like the Apple Store soon with fixed prices and fees, but it’s not there yet and it leads to this frustration.

I would recommend you look at what you can get, move on what you can afford comfortably and be happy as life is short. It’s never a good thing to look where the grass is greener.
This. I found a deal that I could live with, was happy with how the deal was settled, and I moved on to just enjoying the vehicle.

In my experience…a lot of those extremely low APR deals are contingent upon accepting a particular financing. That’s context that folks often leave out.

My two cents…it’s much easier to just go in with a pre-approval draft in-hand and an agreed upon number. Stroke the check, get the keys, and drive off.

Yeah…I won’t be able to regale folks with tales of getting near $10,000 off MSRP, but I didn’t have to waste weeks of my time dealing with jerk-offs on the phone that are just going to flip-flop on the price or the sale unit when I arrive.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
NEVER EVER do that! You have no idea their circumstances. Financing can be REGIONAL. I got 3K off because I financed through Chrysler Capital and that deal was ONLY in certain states in the midwest at the time. Didn't apply in CA or NY, for example.
You are going to do nothing but get heart burn if you even think about what the other guy did.
It's going to VARY. Even here, 30 minutes from each other, BOTH owned by the SAME corporation - one dealer wouldn't budge, did finally come down a bit, but ignored the Tread Lightly affiliate discount - no, we don't do that. And they didn't give me as much on my trade as I wanted.
The other store - same corporate owner - the sales guy knew me, talked to his manager, got the ok to do the affiliate discount (they refused with my 2020 in 2019) and gave me close enough on my trade. And - he guaranteed their price for my trade until the new one came in no matter how long that took. No other dealership would do that, some wouldn't even discuss trade this past year.
So there ya go - two Jeep dealerships, same corporation down south owns them, totally different pricing.
Seriously, you will never be happy if you don't just do what you can afford to do. Don't even try to go by what someone else got. For all you know, there was other stuff going on.
EVERY DEALERSHIP WILL BE DIFFERENT. It's that simple. They don't all pay the same price for the vehicle. And then there's document fees and other stuff that varies between stated. In Iowa, at least that is a fixed number and if an Iowa dealer deviates from that - state law can grab 'em by the you-know-what.

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
The dealerships in Cali might not be able to offer the $8k another user here is getting in Idaho.

Send an email to every dealership in a 50 mile radius (in one chain) and wait to get some responses.

gatorwesty

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 sahara jku, 17 rubicon jk
I took advantage of 0 percent on an overland and that deal ended 10/03 I believe.
I was fortunate to get 4000 off msrp and the zero percent so I feel good about that.
I see the 2022 overland's remaining marked down even more, but no financing deals to go along with it. I suppose it all balances out if you can get more discount and pay some interest.

Sponsored

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
Pretty sure that $9k was for a diesel, which were moving very slowly with $5+ per gallon fuel costs, unless someone really needed it for towing, etc. The 0% from Jeep ended at the end of September, if memory serves me correctly.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
If you can find a 0% deal right now with interest rates being as high as they are, WTF cares what your sale price is-- You're using the bank's money for free for the life of the loan.

If you got 72 months for 0% on a $60K purchase with 10K combined down payment and trade value, that is a savings of $8600 over 72 months on a 5% vig.

As others have said, location will determine many incentives, and check with your favorite credit union since Jeep/ChryCo financial is 6.49% on all Gladiatiors and they're usually better than that.

My credit union is 4.99 on 60/72/84 and used to be 1.9% new, used, and refi.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mnext02

First Name
Pdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat, Stinger
Pretty sure that $9k was for a diesel, which were moving very slowly with $5+ per gallon fuel costs, unless someone really needed it for towing, etc. The 0% from Jeep ended at the end of September, if memory serves me correctly.
Dunno. I’ll take a diesel at $9k off msrp and 0% any day.

Spicy Pumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gladiator Mojave
I can't comment too much on the financing aspect as I brought my own financing to the dealership when I got my Mojave.

However, when looking for a Jeep Gladiator I opened my search to my entire state (Texas) and was even starting to look in neighboring states like Louisiana before I found what ended up becoming my Gladiator only 2.5 hours away from my home. Because I had my own financing I kept my car I had at the time and only discussed the out-the-door price with my salesman (I wouldn't even entertain a conversation about dealership financing and monthly price).

This isn't meant to sound as manipulative as it might, but I purposefully timed my Gladiator purchase to a salesman and dealership I'd already visited and test driven several Gladiators, to the end of the day, end of the month, end of the quarter AND to when the 2023 Gladiators were starting to pour into dealerships around the area (including the one I ultimately purchased my Mojave from). According to a few sources, dealerships pay monthly fees for each vehicle on their lot at the start of the month and some finance managers are evaluated quarterly. The dealership already had knocked the price of my Mojave down $6,000 from MSRP but with all the taxes/title/fees/etc I came really close to MSRP anyway, so I didn't push very hard at the price.

My idea is that I didn't want to sit in a finance manager's office for hours being hounded to finance through Chrysler or to have them repeatedly try to tack on additional packages and products, so going at the exact time that I did seemed to really help them want to get me along through the process since I ended up being there a good 20 minutes past closing time reading all of the paperwork carefully...please excuse my cynicism but with the last vehicle I purchased brand new the salesman and finance manager made multiple attempts over three hours to get me to run everything through them, and I was in no mood to deal with that again (particularly in light of how expensive automobiles have gotten in recent years).

I should also add that I spent almost 9 months researching Jeep Gladiators as well as Toyota Tundras and Nissan Frontiers, so by the time I started actually test driving vehicles I was VERY familiar with the local markets I was shopping in as well as very knowledgable on the differences between Gladiator trims versus other the Tundras and Frontiers. My car was still functional so I wasn't desperate for a car, and also wasn't totally committed to getting a Gladiator (though after Thanksgiving in the New Mexico mountains during a snowstorm I'm VERY happy with my Mojave!!).

Good hunting out there, hope you can find the right Gladiator and deal for your circumstance!!

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Dunno. I’ll take a diesel at $9k off msrp and 0% any day.
The sticker on my diesel overland was 58,500 and I paid 49,100 for it. I wanted a monthly payment so I opted for 84 months, but they did offer the zero percent for 72 months to me. I’m in SoCal also, but had to drive to Las Vegas to get the deal I wanted with all options I was looking for. Purchased late August this year.
Sponsored