Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
We drove 925 miles in ours yesterday in about 14 hours. Cruise on 72 the entire time. Sport S stock wheels and tires no lift. Hard bed cover. Mid grade fuel at each fill up. Cross wind most of the day for some reason. Got the range up around 560 miles. Overall trip was between 25 and 26. Can't complain.

Jeep Gladiator How to get 20mpg+ on 37’s/ECU basics 5/5 up @ 60-70mph with V6 3.6L 20210328_113141
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
We drove 925 miles in ours yesterday in about 14 hours. Cruise on 72 the entire time. Sport S stock wheels and tires no lift. Hard bed cover. Mid grade fuel at each fil up. Cross wind most of the day for some reason. Got the range up around 560 miles.

Jeep Gladiator How to get 20mpg+ on 37’s/ECU basics 5/5 up @ 60-70mph with V6 3.6L 20210328_113141
nice! using the "tow" setting?

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice! using the "tow" setting?
I haven't put the Pulsar on yet. Didn't want to try it out for the first time going cross country. Ill do it when I get back. I was also worried that if I had an issue I'd have to remove it prior to tow and didn't want the hassle. Truck is basically bone stock.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I haven't put the Pulsar on yet. Didn't want to try it out for the first time going cross country. Ill do it when I get back. I was also worried that if I had an issue I'd have to remove it prior to tow and didn't want the hassle. Truck is basically bone stock.
dang! be curious to see what it does with 91 on the 91 file. It made a big difference on mine. Those tires and gears set you up for success.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dang! be curious to see what it does with 91 on the 91 file. It made a big difference on mine. Those tires and gears set you up for success.
Agree on all points.

I said stock but the only other mod I did was to cut off the center muffler and resonator and put on a Magnaflow muffler. Full disclosure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Im bumping this up, because despite still being on page one of the subforum we have three new threads with questions that are all answered in here, and bad info on how fuel trims work flowing like a river.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
For the sake of strengthening your argument, have you considered recording your LTFT and throttle angle at a repeatable cruising speed both with and without the larger intake? It would be an easy visual to prove your point.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
For the sake of strengthening your argument, have you considered recording your LTFT and throttle angle at a repeatable cruising speed both with and without the larger intake? It would be an easy visual to prove your point.
Not unless someone wants to buy me the equipment to do it. Ive done it enough times to know whats happening, and there is a lot of data logs from other applications readily available that prove the point.

Put bluntly, id spend a bunch of money on the tools and the people who have chosen to ignore the data wont have their minds changed either way....and whether those folks do or not is ultimately inconsequential to me. Ill share the knowledge for those that want it, but im not selling anything.

🤷🏼‍♂️

But to your point, yes, anyone with data logging equipment that reads fuel trims should be able to see this happen with that tool.

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
I was hoping to have more to report about my upgrades by now. Ordered the same intake, filter and exhaust February 15th, so far the intake and filter have been in for over a month (no real change). The AWE website still shows my exhaust “in production” and I’m getting no answer nor response to my phone calls and emails (hopefully soon). I’m waiting to order the Pulsar until I see v4 shipping. Anyway We took a 700 mile round trip excursion to eastern Oregon and back this past weekend pulling our new NoBo 10.5 trailer with a RTT on top (2200lb). Most of the trip saw 30-40mph headwinds and there are multiple passes to pull, we averaged 8.9mpg. My local driving to and from work I’m seeing 14.
Jeep Gladiator How to get 20mpg+ on 37’s/ECU basics 5/5 up @ 60-70mph with V6 3.6L DEBDD71A-3B81-43DC-B694-8607E4D337A3

Jeep Gladiator How to get 20mpg+ on 37’s/ECU basics 5/5 up @ 60-70mph with V6 3.6L 7063B63D-C94B-410A-9F6A-8BB9393BB57B

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I was hoping to have more to report about my upgrades by now. Ordered the same intake, filter and exhaust February 15th, so far the intake and filter have been in for over a month (no real change). The AWE website still shows my exhaust “in production” and I’m getting no answer nor response to my phone calls and emails (hopefully soon). I’m waiting to order the Pulsar until I see v4 shipping. Anyway We took a 700 mile round trip excursion to eastern Oregon and back this past weekend pulling our new NoBo 10.5 trailer with a RTT on top (2200lb). Most of the trip saw 30-40mph headwinds and there are multiple passes to pull, we averaged 8.9mpg. My local driving to and from work I’m seeing 14.
DEBDD71A-3B81-43DC-B694-8607E4D337A3.jpeg

7063B63D-C94B-410A-9F6A-8BB9393BB57B.jpeg
Wow, no offense but that’s nothing to get excited about. It looks like you’re running 37’s. Do you have the stock 4:10 gears still?

I know that your set up is basically a brick towing a larger brick so mileage isn’t going to be great but have you considered moving your RTT to a half rack on your JTR to “improve“ your aerodynamics?
BTW, nice camper. We looked at one for ourselves a couple of years ago and we’re impressed with them for use as a base camp.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
towing, tires, aero, stock gears, and hills/elevation will crush you opportunities. Ive told a few people who tow, dont expect results from this. If you are going to tow alot, regear and get a hemi.

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Wow, no offense but that’s nothing to get excited about. It looks like you’re running 37’s. Do you have the stock 4:10 gears still?

I know that your set up is basically a brick towing a larger brick so mileage isn’t going to be great but have you considered moving your RTT to a half rack on your JTR to “improve“ your aerodynamics?
BTW, nice camper. We looked at one for ourselves a couple of years ago and we’re impressed with them for use as a base camp.
Yes 37x13.50 STT Pro still running stock 4.11 gears. Yes I’ve considered moving the tent to a half rack on the truck for aerodynamics or make a deflector for the front of the tent and leave it where it is. this was our first trip with the trailer and I was looking for a baseline trip with worst case conditions. We did the same trip last September with no load and no headwinds and averaged 16 mpg. The positive is gladiator has plenty of power to pull the load up any pass without slowing down even a little and it handled the trailer great. Just set the cruise at 65 and it does what it needs to maintain. It never felt underpowered like my TJs and JK 3.8 all on 37s did with no load or passes to pull.

Last edited:

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I just got 4.88 gears installed on my Rubi MT. I am heavy with a lot of add ons, but have had a Pulsar installed for 30,000+ miles and really thought I could get away with 4.56. I’m glad I went 4.88. I haven’t driven enough to know what mpg I will get, but 4.88 in the economy tune with the Pulsar is just barely better than stock 4.10 and 35’s was before I went 37’s. But I climb hills in 6th at 65+ that I used to downshift for even with the 35’s. I think I am going to be around 16-17 mpg with all my weight, but we will see.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
The headwinds will cream your mpg no matter what you have. Changing to 5.13 gears will improve both power and mpg when towing by getting the engine back to the sweet spot on power. 4.10's and 37's has it bogged down.
Sponsored