Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Just drive around in S Florida... you’ll see DOZENS of the mall crawlers!

the ONLY reason mine hasn’t been off road yet, is not many trails for me here. We went to Zion last month and purposely rented a JL so we could ride trails... flew into Vegas, and 2 hours later we were chasing a trail in Red Rock Park.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Well Lucky for me Dickey Bell is about 30 miles from the house. Mine will be making the trek soon. Just wanting temps to cool a little first and find a group to go with

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
The windshield piece is a Fab Fours overland rack that goes from windshield to rear of bed, he doesn’t have mud tires on twenties sticking out three inches from his factory flares, decent tires, mat paint, probably uses his non winch as much as most mall crawlers who always have winches, and I think being he is from Cali he might get more offroad time then most. Yes I don’t get the grill thing but who am I to ridicule what he wants on his jeep, at least he doesn’t have a high lift jack mounted for display. I see a lot of posts of mods being done for the “look”, or guys wanting what everyone else has, or the largest tires, and never really need or use them.
Just saying ,Jack.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The windshield piece is a Fab Fours overland rack that goes from windshield to rear of bed, he doesn’t have mud tires on twenties sticking out three inches from his factory flares, decent tires, mat paint, probably uses his non winch as much as most mall crawlers who always have winches, and I think being he is from Cali he might get more offroad time then most. Yes I don’t get the grill thing but who am I to ridicule what he wants on his jeep, at least he doesn’t have a high lift jack mounted for display. I see a lot of posts of mods being done for the “look”, or guys wanting what everyone else has, or the largest tires, and never really need or use them.
Just saying ,Jack.
Well I think it is more poking fun at the stereotype than the person. At least it is for me anyway. I am fine with people making their Jeep look however they wish. Again it’s all part of owning a Jeep to begin with. One thing I have found is you better have thick skin to swim in this widely opinionated pool.

Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
I took these pictures at a gas station.....

I agree... your Jeep, you do what you want with it. Some like stock, 33" 35", 37" and 40" sized tires.. Lift vs no lift. Bed cover or open.

All of it can be cool and different and we all like different things.

But If you decide to "crap" it up with the kind of stuff you find hanging on the wall at your local car wash, like a stick on hood scoop you might find on a Honda Civic in a high school parking lot.... or the fake "SWAT" shenanigans in the first post.........Well... Im gonna make fun of it. And thats my choice.

Now we make fun of these pictures!

Enjoy!

Jeep Gladiator How to spot a Mall Crawler IMG_2135

Jeep Gladiator How to spot a Mall Crawler IMG_2134

Last edited:

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I am gonna say it. Don’t care about any of you guys or your feels. That shit is hideous AF right there and ya gotta be sight compromised to even think otherwise.

oh shoot, look close at that front emblem. it is like a Viking skull sorta thing.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, that thing has all sorts of stuff going on inside as well. Look at all the suction cups stuck to the window.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
My favorite is the hood / lights / aluminum / fabrication thing.

But don't overlook... that American flag is attached to the fender like a diplomatic limo might have.

Also two antennas right above the center of the windshield.

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite is the hood / lights / aluminum / fabrication thing.

But don't overlook... that American flag is attached to the fender like a diplomatic limo might have.

Also two antennas right above the center of the windshield.
There is so much going on with that it makes my head hurt. Every time I go back and look close I find something new that makes me question sanity.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I am gonna say it. Don’t care about any of you guys or your feels. That shit is hideous AF right there and ya gotta be sight compromised to even think otherwise.

oh shoot, look close at that front emblem. it is like a Viking skull sorta thing.
It looks like an Oakland Raiders logo... Cali strikes again... :CWL:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I am not gonna bash anyone's ride, to each their own. I will comment about the winch comments. I am purposely, at the moment not installing a winch as my rig sees a fair bit of tow duty and I figure the extra weight and obstruction to the cooling package is probably at odds with my towing use case. Also to be fair my Jeep has yet to see anything super complicated off road. To date I have been leaving the hair raising stuff to my side by side and ATVs. The Gladiator does great getting them to the trailhead and I may be anticipating the day I get to use my Gladiator for a recovery effort :)
Sponsored