First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Everything that Tesla failed at, Hummer did right. The technology is off the charts. I am really surprised that it's only a max range of 350. But with the performance numbers will cut down the average distance. I will say overall I love the new Hummer and am slightly tempted to trade up...after it's on the streets. I have purchased 3 first generation vehicles and they all have their quirks...that I would rather not have to deal with.

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
As a veteran having driven everything the army has to offer on wheels, I’m kinda curious to how the crab function feels and performs. I like the concept they are going for but agree with others on the range of charge, it should be in line with more given the amount of battery it can hold. It may have too much technology in that aspect.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.36.40 PM.png

Launch edition was still available 30 min ago.
Maybe I’ve never been in the market for a brand new to the market vehicle but is this whole pre order/reservation thing a new concept? The only time I remember hearing about reservations on vehicles was like million dollar European exotics and shit. Now it seems like every new vehicle that drops takes pre orders and reservations.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
The world is leaving this old Boomer behind, self driving electric vehicles :surprised:.

Toyota/Lexus is always slow to introduce new models, but I'm guessing Toyota will have new FJ type competitor for this new market.

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I thought it was really cool, but that price is outlandish. If that's what it would cost to make an all-electric gladiator I'm glad they're still working on figuring it out.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Id say the price does not surprise me ... I have always had to pay extra for an electric hummer ...

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I wonder when the snowflakes will start complaining it uses too much electricity :LOL:

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
This thing is badass. I'm surprised people mention price as a tri-motor Tesla Model S Plaid starts at $135K. I actually thought the Hummer EV would be more to be honest...

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I miss the Hummer H1 styling. H2 and H3 both at least gave a nod to that body, but this one totally abandoned it. The more I've thought about it today, the more of a disappointment it is to me. I guess their designers knew what they were doing when designing the body, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I watched.... then saw the price, ummm

Lets say you get Average 19-20 mpg and gas is 2.50/gal....

If you bought a gladiator rubicon for 55,000 that would leave 57,000 for gas or about 450,000 miles worth of gas. Thats about 20 years worth if you drive A LOT....

Don't think its budget that will drive those sales

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
From what I've read it starts at 80k and can go just over 110k.
Yeah, and it was "*starting at", so launch edition might even be well north of the "starting" 112,595.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Yeah, and it was "*starting at", so launch edition might even be well north of the "starting" 112,595.
No, the article states that is the most expensive, the other models will be less expensive with less capabilities released over time through 2023. Take a quick peak at the article I posted for tons more info.
Sponsored