Sponsored

I didnt know this was a thing (ok not a mod, apparently we all already have it)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Personally would like to have a paper copy of manual. I guess I could order one. Old school... sorta...
There is a thread here, somewhere, that covers that. There is an online link to order one, or a phone number you can call. They will send it out at no charge. I ordered one last fall.
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Yeah we probably all should read the manual... But we don't so there ya have it..
And some of us diligenty read the manual, but have memory problems.;)

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Isn’t there someway to display manual on big screen?? Maybe I’m thinking about something else
Yes, it is well explained ... in the manual!

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another was about to buy a rubber mat for the back, not knowing the stocker flips over...to a rubber mat. Crazy.
The truck bed flips to be a rubber mat? Damn, I spent a lot of $$$ for the BedTred mat.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
There is a thread here, somewhere, that covers that. There is an online link to order one, or a phone number you can call. They will send it out at no charge. I ordered one last fall.
Why not just print one from the pdf version and then put it in a binder? Likely easier to thumb through than the books.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just print one from the pdf version and then put it in a binder? Likely easier to thumb through than the books.
Why would I spend my time and money to print and punch 700 pages when they will send out a printed and bound copy at no charge to me?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well the manual is laying on my passenger seat with pages tabbed corners bent over to mark information. A PDF file of it on my phone too. Another hidden one is both sides of sun visors have a clip to hold paperwork too.

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
I am simply shocked at how few people read the damn manual. I see posts here all the time from people "discovering" obvious features like this. Or even stuff that's common on most cars, like a post the other day about finding out you can select which doors to open with the remote and whether the horn honks on one press or only on two. This stuff is normal, people. You spend $40k-60k, invest two hours into reading the manual TWICE. If you have a high-end, well equipped Gladiator, there is SO much great "hidden" stuff.
I’m a 44 year old and reading your post I swear I heard my dad say that same speech about reading owners manuals all throughout my childhood lol. Thanks for the memories :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
(he was correct then, as you are as well)

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
I had been thinking about the non-lockable seats and came up w/ this rather pedestrian first attempt from some junk I had laying around. This is just some 3/16" simple cable re-enforced laundry line, 4 @ 3/16" aluminum ferrules, a couple of large washers and and old combination lock. While certainly not Ft Knox, it may dissuade the casual opportunistic thief who wants to see what you have in your JT. The only thing I keep under the seats when I have the doors off are bungee cords, some ratchet straps and probably a sweatshirt or two. Anything of true value I just take out for the day. Will eventually swap over to black cable to make is so less obvious that I'm stashing something under the seats. Pretty self explanatory how it all goes together.

IMG_7573.JPG

IMG_7575.JPG

IMG_7576.JPG

IMG_7577.JPG

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:like:That would have never dawned on me. I had assumed the headrests popped off like the fronts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I had been thinking about the non-lockable seats and came up w/ this rather pedestrian first attempt from some junk I had laying around. This is just some 3/16" simple cable re-enforced laundry line, 4 @ 3/16" aluminum ferrules, a couple of large washers and and old combination lock. While certainly not Ft Knox, it may dissuade the casual opportunistic thief who wants to see what you have in your JT. The only thing I keep under the seats when I have the doors off are bungee cords, some ratchet straps and probably a sweatshirt or two. Anything of true value I just take out for the day. Will eventually swap over to black cable to make is so less obvious that I'm stashing something under the seats. Pretty self explanatory how it all goes together.

Jeep Gladiator I didnt know this was a thing (ok not a mod, apparently we all already have it) IMG_7577.JPG

Jeep Gladiator I didnt know this was a thing (ok not a mod, apparently we all already have it) IMG_7577.JPG

I have been thinking about this as well... But using a couple metal brackets. One to keep one side from opening without the other open & then one to lock the other down. Mostly just looking for a way of keeping stuff out of easy reach while parked topless & doorless.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)

I did a similar thing, I bolt with wire rope around both headrest. Locking seat down over bottom cushion.

2A0747ED-4447-453B-BDF5-C2E475E66E48.jpeg

1153C447-4178-4163-B1E6-1B9ED813F77A.jpeg

C3E55D26-D920-4F6C-90EA-3D09134DAF52.jpeg

A997A900-C181-4FBE-853A-017660DF81FC.jpeg

C51980C9-938E-4AFA-99CD-640E35EF3D26.jpeg