Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I agree with you. The biggest threat is that our current president is in bed with china.
Yes.

I have a lot of friends and family in the Military.

My dad, an Army Vet, 83 years old, Parkinson’s for almost 40 yrs, always leaning middle left. He watches all the news, I don’t anymore. I got some feeds and some info from friends. My Dad doesn’t say much anymore because of the Parkinson ‘s and he’s always been a quiet man anyway.

My 83 y/o Dad said to me last week,

“if you look over and see me in a foxhole next to you. Well, you no it’s over, right?”

That’s a Veteran’s way of saying he’s passed the torch to next gen. “If we meet on the battlefield” its over.

Hyperbole... ???

He is almost twice removed from the battlefield. I am passing that torch to my Daughter hopefully... and a bit nervously next year.

I am concerned for all of our young people. We are passing one hell of a torch this time I am afraid to say.
Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Nate, sorry about the lights etc.. I kind of think that I would rather have the lights easily stolen or impossible. I would not want other things destroyed while they are just taking the lights. You could mark some of your stuff then if it ends up missing, when you find it at the flea market, pawn shop, or on the C-list you know it's yours.
I was at a dealership when all the radios were getting stolen and we definitely had to watch for razors on re-installed radios. Nowadays, the the thief would end up suing the car owner for getting hurt.
.....Now if they brought back chain gangs and put the incarcerated to work instead of them costing us $40K+/year....

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I live adjacent to the worst city in New York State, always running first or second for crime. I would really like a set of those lights, yet I know what would happen if I did. Here, you have to make things "unstealable." For example, with the supplied pins, this would have been gone the next day. A couple of unsavories were looking at my hitch. "What's da yellow dings fa?" I could see one had been picked at a bit. Bolts, torqued with green Loctite. (I had to explain Loctite, and the significance of the color.) Each nut, drilled and tapped into the bolt, with a hardened Allen stud, also with green Loctite. The heads of the Allen studs filled with JB Weld. Then a cap super glued in place. An easy tell-tale to see if anyone has tampered with it. The same procedure done with the ball. A shame to live this way, and old timer once told me, "Things like that keep an honest Man, honest." The wrong sticker or decal here will get your vehicle keyed, your door knee'd, or a brick through a window. I think like a thief before I consider any mods. Such is today's reality. Sorry this happened to you.

DSCF3927.JPG

Sponsored

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator

JasonThor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys
I am looking for one of those, do you happen to have a link to yours?
I picked up a Garmin Mini since it hides fairly well. Paired that with a wiring kit that shuts off if voltage drops too low. So far the longest my truck has only sat without being driven is 2 or 3 days but the battery hasn't been dead and it's started up just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Key-Sized-140-degree-Wide-Angle-Automatic/dp/B07R638L8N

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791BHYBW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I read a while back that in Dallas you wouldn't be prosecuted for stealing items under $1000.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I got an email from Artec as i will probably be going with the same setup that was stolen. "You will want (2) M8-1.25 x30 Screws and (4) M6x1.0x50 Screws" for tamper proof bolt sizes.

I really hope that this helps people out too.

Now to find tamper proof M6 allen head sockets. I'll feel more at ease.

Yallaen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S upgraded
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I find the security bits and tools are as common now as the regular drivers.

Public hangings would help. A thief is not a benefit to society, so why let them stay? (Rhetorical question)

Sorry for the OP. I’ve been in his shoes.
You know, in Saudia Arabia, they do caneings and hand-removal for thieves....J/S...

I'm not meaning to get political...but it seems like "we" as a society want to find reasons to ok this type of behavior. I'm sick of it. Quit coddling these people. I work hard for my money, and I enjoy my toys. Go get your own. Can't afford it? Go work a 2nd job, or better yourself!

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
Many people have no respect for people let alone other people's belongs.

Sorry your stuff got stolen.
Sponsored