First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Man I love just how off topic this thread got.

I'll start harassing the local dealerships tomorrow but if I get a lot of flack, I'll just go get one on my own. Any I should stay away from or are there are any brands batteries I should aim for?

Obvious goal here is to have Bigfoot install it for me while wearing dealership coveralls, but I don't mind doing it in my driveway either.
The dealership should replace one or both batteries as your 2021 should still be under warranty...unless you've got 36,000+ miles already.

Based on my recent experience (and by the way I'm sorry for hijacking your thread a bit), if you buy any battery and are still under warranty, buy it at the part counter of your dealership. When I finally got to the right person at FCA Customer Care and provided my receipts, they immediately approved the one I bought at the dealership. Once I got to the right person it was quicker to get reimbursed than the time I wasted talking to the service advisor.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Group 400 (AUX14) is a standard battery that has been used by Mercedes for many years. There are probably supply issues due to historically low demand for the size. The AutoZone site went from showing it only available in a couple stores here to not even being able to search locations for it. AutoZone is one of the few showing it with a three year warranty. Everywhere else seems to be 12 or 18 months. It's finally showing on Amazon, but not sold by Amazon yet, so still a bit expensive.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
For whatever reason, none of the local auto parts stores around me had the auxiliary battery. AutoZone told me that they and smaller stores like O'Reilly and Advance, etc. "weren't allowed to carry it yet". NAPA said they could provide it but it would have to be shipped in. So I went Mopar for the Auxiliary. I always replace my starter battery with a Duralast from AutoZone. Not personal preference, it's just a block from my house.
My Autozone just told me there is a shortage and that they don't carry them. Advanced auto parts said they can have one tomorrow morning for $124.99 plus tax. Sounds like a winner to me. It's a lot less then what I was expecting and I almost feel it's worth it to not go through the hassle of the dealership who will probably tell me they have to keep it over night for something stupid.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
bigfoot never showed up but I did replace it this afternoon. pretty easy going through the fender.

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Agreed - definitely a battery-related issue. But that's not a theory.

Here's a theory for you: Bigfoot is real and is being protected by indigenous Amazonian tribes. This is why they have resisted modernization and Western influence.
Should have known it was Amazon:devil::devil:

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Update, I returned the original for the core charge at Advanced Autoparts and those asshats gave me a 20% coupon good for that day only.

what was I supposed to do?????

So now I also have the Optima Yellow top.

I'm scared to return my old battery as they may give me another coupon.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Update, I returned the original for the core charge at Advanced Autoparts and those asshats gave me a 20% coupon good for that day only.

what was I supposed to do?????

So now I also have the Optima Yellow top.

I'm scared to return my old battery as they may give me another coupon.
I would have disputed that charge with CC company... or rather I would have given all the receipts to my wife so she could go "Karen" on some poor unsuspecting soul...

Deleted member 39643

I think its the dealers some bad , some great.
I have bought my last five jeeps from the same dealer or they know that it would not be beyond me from driving it through their show room.
My replacement list so far under warranty - steering box, drive shaft, ds turn signal housing,ds auto lock, entertainment center ,brakes, calipers, rotors , valve cover gaskets, ds inner fender , both batteries , have not addressed yet - rear window leaks, paint bubbling on edge of hood . I LOVE THIS TRUCK
I'm trying to figure out how to get a leaking valve cover done under warranty. My dealer said that they don't cover seals and gaskets and the warranty site shows seals and gaskets only getting a 1 year warranty. Any thoughts?

I ended up just scheduling an online apt and the covered it. Why the deception and cheap tricks thou?

Last edited by a moderator:

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
I'm trying to figure out how to get a leaking valve cover done under warranty. My dealer said that they don't cover seals and gaskets and the warranty site shows seals and gaskets only getting a 1 year warranty. Any thoughts?
I do have a good service mng. I would try a different dealer. Hell they even put a dye in the oil to confirm repair.

Sponsored

Deleted member 39643

I do have a good service mng. I would try a different dealer. Hell they even put a dye in the oil to confirm repair.
Yes got them to repair by just scheduling an appt online and telling them to do it. Was pretty big job. Both valve covers and vat solenoids leaking. Had to tear apart intake manifold and drain coolant and oil as well. Only can imagine what this will cost out of warranty.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Yes got them to repair by just scheduling an appt online and telling them to do it. Was pretty big job. Both valve covers and vat solenoids leaking. Had to tear apart intake manifold and drain coolant and oil as well. Only can imagine what this will cost out of warranty.
good deal
Sponsored