First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
For the 2019 ZR2 at least, it's over 350 lbs lighter than my JTR and has 10% more horsepower, maybe the much smaller tires also make a difference. It's not the Bison, just a ZR2. The gas motor lacks the flat spot the FCA V6 has as well. I have been over the whups where we store clean fill dirt, the suspension at speed is AMAZING. I guess the JT Mojave might do better in comparison, but I've been across the real Mojave with my YJ, I'd rather do it again in the ZR2. I won't, it'll be my JTR, but that was an informed choice I made.

And I'd never consider hassling my BIL in his 2008 Bullitt, it's a Jeep dammit!

Mine was an All Terrain, which is like a Z71. They have a much higher tow rating than the ZR2. My tow rating was 7k lbs, which is actually 1k lbs higher than my Overland. The ZR2 wasn’t out yet when I got mine, but I probably would not have bought one because of the much lower tow rating. They are a lot heavier too so their performance numbers are about the same as the Gladiator. The latter wouldn’t have stopped me from getting one though...
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
One of the guys in our wheeling group at work has a really built 2019 TRD Pro. At some point we'll go to lunch and he can make his opinion known. He got into Coyote Lake above Shaver last week of June, that's a helluva endorsement for the Taco.

I traded a 2018 Tacoma in for my 2020 Gladiator. I haven’t raced in Tacos in the off-road vehicle, but when I drove the Tacoma it felt slow, felt hard to get out of the way and didn’t move, slowest vehicle I’ve ever driven. The Gladiator feels a lot faster to me, not based on anything other than how it feels.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
At first I thought this was going to be about a Taco Bell run..:LOL::LOL:
A big reason I own and drive Jeep's is to keep my lead foot from being one. In Germany I have shocked a few BMW owners and others.... With a 91 MJ . FYI the Autobahn's (CZ) do have speed limits too :crying: and the fine are damn expensive! You pay for it on the spot or go to jail there but Germany they mail it to you. Oh being young dumb ECT ECT. I do miss the care free life;) of youth.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Mines just the opposite, in town I seem to do better than if I'm constantly on it. If I stay between 55-70 with little stopping I can maintain above 19 MPGs. On the interstate 70-75 is about the sweet spot for mine and that will get me closer to 20 depending on how long I drive. Anything over 80 and I lose MPGs pretty quickly.
My experience is similar but better. On a recent 4 hour each way trip to the coast, I averaged 23.1 mpg at 72 avg mph. I was ecstatic considering the drive back got extended 30 minutes due to traffic. Around town babying it after start, I pull 17.5

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't really got on the JT much since I bought it but I couldn't resist this morning when a stock Taco decided he wanted some. Not sure what his motivation was but he was pretty adamant about beating me to each light until I realized what was going on and put a stop to it. I even caught a wheel twice for a decent distance considering but after the two lights he was in my rear view and smiling in shame. These JTs have some pretty decent take off despite the fact that they are only 3.6 liters. It hurt my MPGs a little but it was worth it. Now back to grandpa driving.
I've been impressed with mine, I chalked it up to have the 4.10 rear end.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I’ve been in my gladiator for a week now coming from a daytona 392 charger. The gladiators are extremely slow
I have to agree, I really really like my Gladiator Rubicon, but I have had zero inclination to race anyone. I even have some trepidation passing people.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Coming from my 2007 Wrangler, which weighs close to 7,000 pounds fully loaded (I'm an addicted overlander; please don't judge me) on 35s with 4.88 gears and the 3.8L minivan motor to the Gladiator with the same 35s and 4.10 gears and significantly smaller increases in mod weight, I was quite pleased with the acceleration of the Gladiator. But the Wrangler, with a Dominion Offroad exhaust, sounded much better (a nice note that isn't kiddie-car loud). Then I installed the ARB snorkel and noticed that if I get on the Gladiator a little, it sounds pretty darned nice. The only problem is, it only takes two shifts of the manual transmission to get to the usual 45 MPH for most of the local driving I do. LOL ...

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from my 2007 Wrangler, which weighs close to 7,000 pounds fully loaded (I'm an addicted overlander; please don't judge me) on 35s with 4.88 gears and the 3.8L minivan motor to the Gladiator with the same 35s and 4.10 gears and significantly smaller increases in mod weight, I was quite pleased with the acceleration of the Gladiator. But the Wrangler, with a Dominion Offroad exhaust, sounded much better (a nice note that isn't kiddie-car loud). Then I installed the ARB snorkel and noticed that if I get on the Gladiator a little, it sounds pretty darned nice. The only problem is, it only takes two shifts of the manual transmission to get to the usual 45 MPH for most of the local driving I do. LOL ...

That's what mine was in my 10 jku 3.8 with 3.73 gears so this 8spd 3.6 with 4.10 gears feels like a race car compared to that.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My experience is similar but better. On a recent 4 hour each way trip to the coast, I averaged 23.1 mpg at 72 avg mph. I was ecstatic considering the drive back got extended 30 minutes due to traffic. Around town babying it after start, I pull 17.5
I haven't been on anything over 2hrs as far trips go but on that trip to Virgina going through the Mountains I still was able to average 21.3 mpg. I normally average over all around 18.5-19, depending on what happens on my commute. I'm still pleased with it to the point that I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to 37's when my 35's wear out.

Sponsored

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
I haven't really got on the JT much since I bought it but I couldn't resist this morning when a stock Taco decided he wanted some. Not sure what his motivation was but he was pretty adamant about beating me to each light until I realized what was going on and put a stop to it. I even caught a wheel twice for a decent distance considering but after the two lights he was in my rear view and smiling in shame. These JTs have some pretty decent take off despite the fact that they are only 3.6 liters. It hurt my MPGs a little but it was worth it. Now back to grandpa driving.
Should have took it to the trails and really made him cry

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Rlindlau

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Firearms accessory business owner
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been in my gladiator for a week now coming from a daytona 392 charger. The gladiators are extremely slow
I went down the same path transitioning from a Scat Pack Challenger with 489 HP to the Jeep. I have had to really adjust my driving style. I am happy that I enjoy driving the Gladiator as much as the Dodge.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I love the Gladiator. I have yearned after one of these since I was a young kid ogling over the J10 and wishing I could afford one. I have to say, these things are fun to drive but a whole different kind of fun. It’s a convertible when you want it to be, a truck when you need it to be and an off-road beast any time the call of the wild speaks to you. Mine reminds me of that feral child from the mad max 2 movie. I truly love my Gladiator like no other vehicle I have owned Javelin excepted.
Sponsored