First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I definitely didn't buy the jeep to race. But that supercharger is starting to sound like a great idea...
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
For the 2019 ZR2 at least, it's over 350 lbs lighter than my JTR and has 10% more horsepower, maybe the much smaller tires also make a difference. It's not the Bison, just a ZR2. The gas motor lacks the flat spot the FCA V6 has as well. I have been over the whups where we store clean fill dirt, the suspension at speed is AMAZING. I guess the JT Mojave might do better in comparison, but I've been across the real Mojave with my YJ, I'd rather do it again in the ZR2. I won't, it'll be my JTR, but that was an informed choice I made.

And I'd never consider hassling my BIL in his 2008 Bullitt, it's a Jeep dammit!
My Canyon only weighed a little over 4300 lbs. Even my Overland weighs almost 4800 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I like my Gladiator better, its more fun and it has an X factor coolness to it that no other trucks really have. The 2015 and 2016 3.6l Colorado/Canyon had a different 3.6l and a 6 speed auto. The newer 3.6l has a flatter toque curve and with the 8 speed, its a big difference in performance. it went from like 7.2 0-60 and high 15s in the quarter mile to 6.1 0-60 and a 14.9 1/4 mile. Still slow, but quick for a truck. I'm talking about the Z71/All Terrain trucks, not the ZR2s.

I didn't really want to admit this, but I was at a stop light in my Gladiator when it was basically brand new and I still had my stock tire tires on it. I'd just turned over 1k miles. A new looking ZR2 pulled up next to me and was stink eyeing me and my fiance. I told my fiance, watch this he's going to floor it at the light. He did, I reacted and I did too. He had pulled 3/4 "car length" on me before I reacted (I wasn't going to do anything unless he did). We stayed at that same position until I let off at 70 (It was only a 55 zone). He kept accelerating. Based on that, I'd say they're pretty damn close in acceleration.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That's what mine was in my 10 jku 3.8 with 3.73 gears so this 8spd 3.6 with 4.10 gears feels like a race car compared to that.
My JKU, was a Rubicon with a 6 speed manual and of course 4.10 gears. It was still a dog. It couldn't get out of its own way. I put a CAI on it and it did basically nothing. Then I did the superchips flashpaq tune and that, combined with the CAI, did actually help some. Especially on the 93 octane tune. I ran super smooth on that tune, got noticeably better mpg, and gave it enough lower end power that i could start off in second gear easily (handy in Atlanta traffic). It was really bad when I moved to CO. On the mountain passes on I-70 west of Denver, it had to work its ass off to keep up with traffic. I used to get passed by corollas and stuff. I had to run it in 4th gear revving pretty high to maintain 65 and little 4 cylinder Japanese cars would pass by me at 75-80.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah but I'm old, I remember when the 5.0 Mustang was the bomb with 6.1 sec to 60 and under 15 in the quarter.

STILL fast even though a modern Accord is quicker, hahahah!

That's also IROC-Z speed back in the day, Chevy been doing that a LONG time!

My Canyon only weighed a little over 4300 lbs. Even my Overland weighs almost 4800 lbs. Don't get me wrong, I like my Gladiator better, its more fun and it has an X factor coolness to it that no other trucks really have. The 2015 and 2016 3.6l Colorado/Canyon had a different 3.6l and a 6 speed auto. The newer 3.6l has a flatter toque curve and with the 8 speed, its a big difference in performance. it went from like 7.2 0-60 and high 15s in the quarter mile to 6.1 0-60 and a 14.9 1/4 mile. Still slow, but quick for a truck. I'm talking about the Z71/All Terrain trucks, not the ZR2s.

I didn't really want to admit this, but I was at a stop light in my Gladiator when it was basically brand new and I still had my stock tire tires on it. I'd just turned over 1k miles. A new looking ZR2 pulled up next to me and was stink eyeing me and my fiance. I told my fiance, watch this he's going to floor it at the light. He did, I reacted and I did too. He had pulled 3/4 "car length" on me before I reacted (I wasn't going to do anything unless he did). We stayed at that same position until I let off at 70 (It was only a 55 zone). He kept accelerating. Based on that, I'd say they're pretty damn close in acceleration.

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Bring on the Tacos. I am not afraid.

IMG_5805.jpg

Bruce

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mean to brag, but I've been know to break a few rules of the road...

Jeep Gladiator I raced a Taco this morning wood nissan

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
What's a Taco?

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mean to brag, but I've been know to break a few rules of the road...

wood nissan.jpg
Sweet ride! That scoop and spoiler are dope but got nothin on them sweet ground effects. You should put that up on Mecum, you would make some serious Swiss on that. Probably be able to hellcat your Gladiator with that much bank roll.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
My fast toy...1850 lbs, 310 HP at the rear wheels. Converted from a 3 wheeler to a 4 wheeler...Haven't had an issue against any Taco!

FB_IMG_1563761128272.jpg

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I raced a Taco ...was surprised how "quick" the JT was if called upon....yeah "quick" is a relative term. I beat the Taco....so no shame was brought upon my family.
Sponsored