Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The gladiator as I had built it with mopar options added was almost $67k and I was quoted almost $59k as price to pay. I bought a loaded raptor with not a single option missing for 64100. I fealt that the raptor was worth the 5000 difference in the trucks in terms of equipment, features, etc, especiallyfor the comfort its seats provided my back. That's why I said what I did, but you're free to your opinion just as am I. I know that they have different capabilities and it's not comparing an apple to an apple.

I hope you love your gladiator and I'm still considering one just not as the daily driver.
We've been through this in a number of threads. The Raptor and the Gladiator are 2 completely different vehicles. While both are pickup trucks, they couldn't be more different.

Enjoy your Raptor and the www.FordRaptorForum.com where everyone will gladly listen to you tell them why you decided to buy a Raptor instead of the JEEP Gladiator. ;) If you're a smart guy you'll not waste your time telling us JEEP Gladiator owners how "pedestrian" our vehicles are - on the Gladiator forum :no:

I've got both and I'm not confused about how different they are, why I have them and how I use them. :)

IMG_0190.jpeg
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We've been through this in a number of threads. The Raptor and the Gladiator are 2 completely different vehicles. While both are pickup trucks, they couldn't be more different.

Enjoy your Raptor and the www.FordRaptorForum.com where everyone will gladly listen to you tell them why you decided to buy a Raptor instead of the JEEP Gladiator. ;) If you're a smart guy you'll not waste your time telling us JEEP Gladiator owners how "pedestrian" our vehicles are - on the Gladiator forum :no:

I've got both and I'm not confused about how different they are, why I have them and how I use them. :)

IMG_0190.jpeg
Pretty obvious - you bought the JT because you couldn't fit most other trucks in the space remaining.

Oh, and the fun and comfort doesn't hurt, either, not to mention endless accessories, customizations, and more.

When I filled out the new vehicle survey one of the last questions was what else was I considering.............. there wasn't a choice "I wasn't considering any other vehicle" or "I wasn't even thinking of trading until I saw a JT in the showroom".
If Jeep hadn't come up with the Gladiator I'd still have my Silverado - with new tires on it. I guess I paid over 50K for a set of new tires.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Coming from a 2018 raptor I can at least say the build quality and quality of the interior materials is feels higher in my LED gladiator than it was in my fully optioned raptor with the carbon package. More plastic there and several trim pieces were starting to pop out here and there. Can't beat the raptor on space though and ride quality on the asphalt

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
The gladiator as I had built it with mopar options added was almost $67k and I was quoted almost $59k as price to pay. I bought a loaded raptor with not a single option missing for 64100. I fealt that the raptor was worth the 5000 difference in the trucks in terms of equipment, features, etc, especiallyfor the comfort its seats provided my back. That's why I said what I did, but you're free to your opinion just as am I. I know that they have different capabilities and it's not comparing an apple to an apple.

I hope you love your gladiator and I'm still considering one just not as the daily driver.
What equipment/features? I get the comfy seats in a DD, but I like the rubi seats fine and I've taken a few road trips. Raptor is kind of a different beast, I didn't consider one as it's not suited to the type of offroading I do. I cross shopped a power wagon but it had barely half ton truck capability with 3/4 ton size and fuel mileage to get the off road goodies.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Pretty obvious - you bought the JT because you couldn't fit most other trucks in the space remaining.

Oh, and the fun and comfort doesn't hurt, either, not to mention endless accessories, customizations, and more.

When I filled out the new vehicle survey one of the last questions was what else was I considering.............. there wasn't a choice "I wasn't considering any other vehicle" or "I wasn't even thinking of trading until I saw a JT in the showroom".
If Jeep hadn't come up with the Gladiator I'd still have my Silverado - with new tires on it. I guess I paid over 50K for a set of new tires.
That was me, nothing else out there compared. Today I took the kids to pick up 2 tons of gravel for the driveway. We drove there with the top off, not a single other vehicle on the market can do this

Had jeep not released this I would have kept pretending my van with trailer was a truck (with less towing capacity of course) and maybe gotten a side by side for going off road.

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant

IMG_0190.jpeg
How do you sleep at night? Having to park your JT next to that garbage.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
To me the raptor is the ultimate mall crawler bro-truck.

It’s not that it doesn’t look good but it’s essentially useless for most buyers.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

You in Canada? You can’t optioned a gladiator out that high. 63k is about the max.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
You in Canada? You can’t optioned a gladiator out that high. 63k is about the max.

Yeah, I saw that too, I suspect that is creative math to justify a decision.

Reality today is if you are breaking $60k with every option you are (A) a dumb ass (B) getting robbed

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Yeah, I saw that too, I suspect that is creative math to justify a decision.

Reality today is if you are breaking $60k with every option you are (A) a dumb ass (B) getting robbed
I just went on the Jeep website and without chosing every option, just features I would want if I am going Rubicon, I hit over $62k.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I just went on the Jeep website and without chosing every option, just features I would want if I am going Rubicon, I hit over $62k.
Launch Editions which were fully optioned were $63k.

If you are buying today (or then) for full MSRP you've got a screw loose.

Regardless he was using an MSRP number (real or imaginary) against a discounted Raptor.

Want a Raptor buy a Raptor, use smoke and mirrors to validate that purchase and expect people with basic math skills to say "Uhhhh, what?"

I guess people figure it works for Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren so it should work for everyone

I just added every possible upcharge available on the site and it is $64,795 which includes shit that you have to be stupid to finance

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did too. 63,700 was the max. I added everything. That’s MSRP. Can be bought for 55k.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Want a Raptor buy a Raptor, use smoke and mirrors to validate that purchase and expect people with basic math skills to say "Uhhhh, what?"

I'll say it...Uhhhh, what?

What are you saying?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.