Sponsored

Icar Pro not connecting for my JScan

midcont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Got Jscan, the cable adaptor and an ICar Pro with bluetooth.
After getting the cables out and plugged into the adaptor I can't connect to it.
IOS.
When I go to bluetooth I don't see it in the list. When I go to wifi I see V-link. If I try to connect to it the ICar blue light goes on and I connect, then "no internet connection" pops up under the name and it disconnects and the light goes off.
If I go into the Jscan app and try to add via bluetooth, it eventually times out. I can't connect via Wifi without adding the adaptor first. So I'm stuck and frustrated.
Help please. What am I doing wrong?
Tried unplugged the Icar for 10+ seconds, turning car off etc several times.
Sponsored

OP
OP

midcont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I'll point out that the JScan page does not list that adapter as recommended for the JT Gladiator.

https://jscan.net/supported-and-not-supported-obd-adapters/

Not saying it wont work,or that's the problem. But means Jscan probably won't be much help.
i saw it being used on a gladiator in a review either posted here or YouTube. Can’t remember. On the bottom left it shows that unit for ios. Maybe it’s the unit though but would like confirmation.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Got Jscan, the cable adaptor and an ICar Pro with bluetooth.
After getting the cables out and plugged into the adaptor I can't connect to it.
IOS.
When I go to bluetooth I don't see it in the list. When I go to wifi I see V-link. If I try to connect to it the ICar blue light goes on and I connect, then "no internet connection" pops up under the name and it disconnects and the light goes off.
If I go into the Jscan app and try to add via bluetooth, it eventually times out. I can't connect via Wifi without adding the adaptor first. So I'm stuck and frustrated.
Help please. What am I doing wrong?
Tried unplugged the Icar for 10+ seconds, turning car off etc several times.
Are you sure you have a Bluetooth model and not the Wi-Fi version? With the Wi-Fi model, you have to go to the settings and tell it to connect even though there's no internet.

OP
OP

midcont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Are you sure you have a Bluetooth model and not the Wi-Fi version? With the Wi-Fi model, you have to go to the settings and tell it to connect even though there's no internet.
Yes Bluetooth model but I tried using Wi-Fi as well.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Connect your phone with NO app open and see if it will connect. IF your phone can't connect to the OBD adapter just as a BT device, then you have a problem.
I thought VLINK was the wifi adapter - are you SURE, dead certain, you have the BT version?
otherwise, why in the world would you see VLINK when you switch to WiFi connections?

Anyway, if your phone can't connect, then no app can use it
Open your phone's BT and see if the adapter is shown in the list of things to connect to with JSCAN closed.

Sorry, no "i-device" experience here, I'm an apple-free zone so can't help with the phone and bluttooth connections on anything apple.
Sponsored