Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
I used my Jscan to turn off the ESS last night but driving to work this morning it still went off. Anyone else experience this?
You can’t disable ESS with JScan (or AlfaOBD).
Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you feel strongly enough about it, there's a circuit you can buy or make (pretty cheaply, too) that is a timer you install behind the switch in the dash. Once you start your truck, it sends a signal to the system that the switch/button has been pressed.
But it can't be done with any plain software because the code prevents that.

I'd do the timer and not mess with the switches under the hood. For one thing, that timer is not detectable or seen once you put it in place and it has no impact on anything at all the dealer may do. It's not traceable unless someone pulls your dash apart.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
If you feel strongly enough about it, there's a circuit you can buy or make (pretty cheaply, too) that is a timer you install behind the switch in the dash. Once you start your truck, it sends a signal to the system that the switch/button has been pressed.

I'd do the timer and not mess with the switches under the hood. For one thing, that timer is not detectable or seen once you put it in place and it has no impact on anything at all the dealer may do. It's not traceable unless someone pulls your dash apart.
It honestly doesn’t bother me that much but if it was a simple operation through Jscan I was going to try that out. No big deal.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It honestly doesn’t bother me that much but if it was a simple operation through Jscan I was going to try that out. No big deal.
Gotcha. Enjoy the truck!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I installed the extension harness, bypass cable and Jscan in my JT this weekend and updated the tire size. Speed is right on.

When I disconnect the bypass cable my radio does not work. If I plug the bypass in, the radio works. Any thoughts?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the extension harness, bypass cable and Jscan in my JT this weekend and updated the tire size. Speed is right on.

When I disconnect the bypass cable my radio does not work. If I plug the bypass in, the radio works. Any thoughts?
Did you plug the cables back into the firewall firmly?
You left the extensions on, correct?
You removed the bypass cable........ then you plugged the ends of the extension cables you removed from the bypass cable back into the security firewall in the dash - correct?
Just making sure I see the actual steps you are taking and not assuming anything.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Did you plug the cables back into the firewall firmly?
You left the extensions on, correct?
You removed the bypass cable........ then you plugged the ends of the extension cables you removed from the bypass cable back into the security firewall in the dash - correct?
Just making sure I see the actual steps you are taking and not assuming anything.
Apparently I did not have one firmly inserted enough. It took three tries to make it happen. I am a small guy, have small hands, and am pretty flexible, yet it is darn near impossible to do this. The extension is a great idea once in place. Thanks.

Now on to my second issue that may not be Jscan related But hopefully there is an easier way. I have the select tire fill option but cannot get it to change to 33lbs as the right level. I set it and it is still telling me to inflate to 37psi. I ave deleted the other options so there is only one available. I have 8.4” screen. Is there a way to do it on the Jscan? I need to do it on my wife’s JL to but she has the smaller screen.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently I did not have one firmly inserted enough. It took three tries to make it happen. I am a small guy, have small hands, and am pretty flexible, yet it is darn near impossible to do this. The extension is a great idea once in place. Thanks.

Now on to my second issue that may not be Jscan related But hopefully there is an easier way. I have the select tire fill option but cannot get it to change to 33lbs as the right level. I set it and it is still telling me to inflate to 37psi. I ave deleted the other options so there is only one available. I have 8.4” screen. Is there a way to do it on the Jscan? I need to do it on my wife’s JL to but she has the smaller screen.
Cool! Glad you got it going.
Yes on the tire inflation pressure - I've not done that change but have read where others did it due to using larger tires, thus lower pressures. I can't recall the setting they used but it was listed in such a way it didn't seem totally intuitive as to what it did. I'm sure someone will jump in with that setting that needs to be tweaked.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Finally changed my tire size for my 285/70/17 Falkens after 5k miles lol. The manufacturer says an actual height of 32.8” so I put in the closest value JSCAN had…32.75”.

I also measured the tires. They’re just over 32.5” measured but they’re also running a little low at 30 psi right now. I figured at 32 psi cold pressure, that 32.75” setting will be just right.

I also noticed that the value from factory was 31.93” before I changed anything. Maybe that was the Dueler ATs manufacturer “actual height”. I don’t know and I was never able to find that exact tire online…EVER. Either way, I doubt I’ll notice a difference driving, the truck already drove like a dream.

Edit: It definitely shifts smoother now. It feels peppier as well.

Last edited:

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
So I’ve been looking at this J scan app. Seems like a no brainer, I’ve already got an MX+ scanner for another truck. Seems like this‘ll do lots of stuff for a whole lot less than a tazer.
Papa, do you think this thing will clear up the issues I’m having with the Oracle reverse light? I have factory halogens, PNP harness, and replaced the reverse bulbs w/ led.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I used jscan to monitor for the misc misfires that started generating P300 errors a couple months ago. The P300 errors would come and go, but I found that the odd cylinders were having frequent misfires that didn't always generate the error.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve been looking at this J scan app. Seems like a no brainer, I’ve already got an MX+ scanner for another truck. Seems like this‘ll do lots of stuff for a whole lot less than a tazer.
Papa, do you think this thing will clear up the issues I’m having with the Oracle reverse light? I have factory halogens, PNP harness, and replaced the reverse bulbs w/ led.
I honestly haven't dug into the light settings on these vehicles - normally what people have had issues with is a couple of wires turned around in the early Oracle harnesses (meaning they don't go straight through 1 to 1, 2 to 2 and so on, 3 might end up in 4 on the other end for example)
So I can't say if there's a setting for changing any of the bulb types in the Jeeps.
But if there is, JSCAN would be able to access it.
My truck is all LED from the factory so there was nothing to change or even look at on mine.

rwu355

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired

What name does one use to search for information on where to buy or build this circuit you talk of?
Sponsored