Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Mike.....my ARB twin came in a few weeks ago after a long wait. I have been researching and thinking where to mount mine for months. I am going to go under the driver side back seat. I just do not want to expose it to the elements. I have a real big project, a garage, to finish then hope to get the ARB installed. Good luck!
I went this route also as you probably remember. Let me know if you have any questions!

UpDown Air system is also a good way to handle the air. They seem a little clueless about tubing however. I got the "universal" to mount at the compressor, and all the tubing was pre-cut, WTF? Anyway, the kit has 3/8" tubing, and most of it was cut to useless lengths for me since I wasn't running airlines through my Jeep. So I ordered their "replacement tire whip" tubing, and it is 10x6.5mm. Again WTF?? I had some email interaction with them and they seemed completely unwilling to address it, but whatever. It's close enough I guess and hopefully doesn't fail. Idiots :headbang:

20210512_155408.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Note on the page:

My next batch of compressors are due mid-June. Unfortunately ARB has been unable to maintain a consistent supply throughout the supply chain.

Orders will continue to be processed in the order they are received and shipped upon arrival of the compressors. We apologize for the delay which is out of our control. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Product Description

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I'd assume then I need this: https://www.813fabrication.com/product-page/arb-twin-single-behind-the-rear-seat-compressor-mount

And This: https://www.813fabrication.com/prod...fold-add-on-kit-for-our-behind-the-seat-mount

Plus This: https://www.813fabrication.com/product-page/arb-switch-air-chuck-combo-mount-semi-boxed

Then I would have onboard air and the ability to expand to a rear locker when I was ready.
All I would need is a hose kit and my twin to arrive. Correct?
Correct! You can also have the ARB Air Coupler that comes with the compressor mounted directly on the Manifold, so you only need the semi-boxed mount if you want that out beside the seat.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Perfect. Y'all do a promo code for the forum?

Correct! You can also have the ARB Air Coupler that comes with the compressor mounted directly on the Manifold, so you only need the semi-boxed mount if you want that out beside the seat.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Perfect. Y'all do a promo code for the forum?
Sorry, we are not running any promos at the moment. We have decided not to run any promos/sales in an effort to not raise prices due to metal prices/production costs being bonkers currently.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Ordered up. Longest wait will be for the compressor. hahahah

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I will document my install. Waiting on ARB is the challenge. Eight 13 already issued me a tracking number.

Ordered up. Longest wait will be for the compressor. hahahah

Sponsored

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I ordered also! Got the behind the rear driver's seat mount and a single ARB air coupler/switch mount. Looking forward to getting this ARB twin installed before the next beach trip.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
I ordered also! Got the behind the rear driver's seat mount and a single ARB air coupler/switch mount. Looking forward to getting this ARB twin installed before the next beach trip.

Thanks! Shipping out tomorrow!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Ideal placement is a mater of opinion.

I like Jeremy's behind the seat set up, but don't want the heat and noise in the cab.

He offers another choice that I also like, under the hood on the passenger side of engine. I have a Rubicon and he has stated in the install video I will have a rub on the heat shield on the hood, so I have to decide if I can live with that.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
Ideal placement is a mater of opinion.

I like Jeremy's behind the seat set up, but don't want the heat and noise in the cab.

He offers another choice that I also like, under the hood on the passenger side of engine. I have a Rubicon and he has stated in the install video I will have a rub on the heat shield on the hood, so I have to decide if I can live with that.
Hey, I don't think it is anything to worry about. When I said "rub", it barely touches one corner of the black casing on the compressor. You may even be able to adjust the placement on the mounting plate a little more to not have the rub. I did some chalk tests to see how it was touching and it was just enough to transfer chalk from the corner of the compressor to the hood liner. I have a few bed mounting solutions also if you are interested. Let me know if you have any questions!
Sponsored