Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Front camera, led lights, bed cover, trail rails and bed outlet. Only regrets other than living in TX so white was mandatory otherwise GATOR!
Sponsored

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
It's a battle of anecdotes, but one would hope to side with caution and take my anecdote seriously no matter the flare I've added for dramatic effect.

As for snow melting, they make LED lights with heating elements for those who may need it. There's also HID retrofits that naturally eliminate this concern while also boosting overall safety.

I'm in Oklahoma and my non-heated JW Speakers never left me desiring more during the winter.

Lol, side with caution and you think people will take your exaggerated warning seriously? Okay, bud.

Your anecdotal evidence is using ridiculous hyperbole to justify your cosmetic modification, but being from Oklahoma it all makes more sense. Enjoy your bright white LEDs lol.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I am close to rubicon (minus lockers). I would have maybe opted for the rubicon with a couple of the features I did not get. (cold weather, 8.4, led package, etc), and now that there are greens out, I would get green. Green is my favorite color in general for anything. I do love my Gobi though.
There's more difference than lockers...a lot.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Lol, side with caution and you think people will take your exaggerated warning seriously? Okay, bud.

Your anecdotal evidence is using ridiculous hyperbole to justify your cosmetic modification, but being from Oklahoma it all makes more sense. Enjoy your bright white LEDs lol.
Or people can side with your absolutes. I don't care, I'm not their dad.

Thank you, I will enjoy my LEDs. Better, more usable light pattern and temp, minimal light bleed, further throw, and a much better cutoff. I'll tell you what, though, when my front end is snow packed the once every 3 years it snows heavy enough in Oklahoma to even be considered an issue, I'll sit on the side of the road completely helpless, crying, and jealous of you having hot yellow headlights to melt the Texas snow that happens even less frequently.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or people can side with your absolutes. I don't care, I'm not their dad.

Thank you, I will enjoy my LEDs. Better, more usable light pattern and temp, minimal light bleed, further throw, and a much better cutoff. I'll tell you what, though, when my front end is snow packed the once every 3 years it snows heavy enough in Oklahoma to even be considered an issue, I'll sit on the side of the road completely helpless, crying, and jealous of you having hot yellow headlights to melt the Texas snow that happens even less frequently.

Your LEDs in your non-existent Gladiator?

I'll keep driving my Gladiator with the candle powered halogens while you tool around on forums dedicated to vehicles you don't own. By all means continue throwing out exaggerated statements about vehicles you don't own.

I'm sure you'll do the obligatory headlight shot against your garage door to show the cutoff pattern and revel in the bright white light if you ever order one.

Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Your LEDs in your non-existent Gladiator?

I'll keep driving my Gladiator with the candle powered halogens while you tool around on forums dedicated to vehicles you don't own. By all means continue throwing out exaggerated statements about vehicles you don't own.

I'm sure you'll do the obligatory headlight shot against your garage door to show the cutoff pattern and revel in the bright white light if you ever order one.
Precisely those LEDs, yes.

I didn't plan on doing that because I already know what the cutoff looks like thanks to my buddy having a JT, but if I do will you post a shot of yours as well? It'll be hard to distinguish between your headlight beam and the result of someone stomping on a mustard packet, but either will make me feel like my purchase was justified.

I'm a man of modernization. Gone are the days of whipping it out to see who's the bigger man.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
There's more difference than lockers...a lot.
Yeah, there is, but thats the only main difference between one and mine now.

Edit* oh and the crawl ratio. (my bad). The others are little knick knacks.

Last edited:

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Precisely those LEDs, yes.

I didn't plan on doing that because I already know what the cutoff looks like thanks to my buddy having a JT, but if I do will you post a shot of yours as well? It'll be hard to distinguish between your headlight beam and the result of someone stomping on a mustard packet, but either will make me feel like my purchase was justified.

I'm a man of modernization. Gone are the days of whipping it out to see who's the bigger man.

No, I tend to just drive it quite a bit and haven't had this imaginary headlight issue you're crying about. Your anecdotal evidence from your 8 year old JK you don't own anymore doesn't line up with my real world experience here. Sure the LEDs make it look more modern but they're hardly a mandatory upgrade.

Try owning the truck first before dictating advice.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
No, I tend to just drive it quite a bit and haven't had this imaginary headlight issue you're crying about. Your anecdotal evidence from your 8 year old JK you don't own anymore doesn't line up with my real world experience here. Sure the LEDs make it look more modern but they're hardly a mandatory upgrade.

Never mind the countless JL/JLU/JT owners who share the same complaints I had in my old JKU, right? At most, the only halogen defense I've heard is "they're okay".

You're literally the only person I've seen claim that all of these other claims are completely unwarranted.

It's also not a matter of looking more modern, it's a matter of safety, as mentioned in my original post.

Sponsored

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, there is, but thats the only main difference between one and mine now.

Edit* oh and the crawl ratio. (my bad). The others are little knick knacks.

4.10 gears in the axles, 4:1 low range in the transfer case, front swaybar disconnect, and f/r e-lockers aren't exactly little knick knacks. No knock on the other trim levels, but the Rubicon is a pretty solid package overall.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I kind of wish I went with the color top and or fenders. Maybe the front camera, but I am going to to go the tazer route if I end up wanting one.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Oh, if you scroll back a couple of pages you'll see that I only responded to somebody's independent thought, and I provided a solution based off my own real life experiences. Experiences shared by countless others. I didn't dictate their experience or opinion on headlights. If your eyes weren't so strained from trying to see the road at night you would have caught that.

I'm also willing to overlook the irony of you attempting to tell him that his opinion and experience is wrong, and that yours is correct, while accusing me of forcing my opinions into the heads of others.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never mind the countless JL/JLU/JT owners who share the same complaints I had in my old JKU, right? At most, the only halogen defense I've heard is "they're okay".

You're literally the only person I've seen claim that all of these other claims are completely unwarranted.

It's also not a matter of looking more modern, it's a matter of safety, as mentioned in my original post.

The stock halogens are definitely safe and don't pose any type of safety concern. I didn't say the LEDs aren't a solid upgrade from the factory. I said your assessment of the stock halogens was highly exaggerated and hyperbole laden which is a hilarious forum thing.

I gave one example of why I stopped caring about them, and made sure to call out it was a hyper specific situation to my needs. I'm not trashing the factory LEDs by any means.

The JK brought in a whole new type of Jeep owner and cosmetic mods seem to be high up on the list of things y'all do to your jeeps. As a life long Jeep owner I'm pretty stoked that the air conditioning works, the axle shafts are no longer a 2 piece shit show, and the engine doesn't overheat when idling in traffic.
Sponsored