Sponsored

If you could do it over - What would you change?

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I would've gotten a Mojave with aux switches

While I'm happy with my S-Tech panel, factory is just better
Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The stock halogens are definitely safe and don't pose any type of safety concern.
Slapping some obvious humor on my statement is silly, but not dealing in absolutes, I guess. Nope. Not at all!

People are literally turning their headlights off and back on again just to verify they're still working. These headlights may satisfy minimal legal requirements, but that doesn't mean that they're safe. If this isn't what you would consider a safety concern then I'm glad you don't live my neighborhood where my kids play outside.

Also, pardon me for not being born prior to be 40s and having a chance to own every Jeep available during its production run, but just because my last Jeep was a JKU doesn't mean it was my only Jeep. My XJ and ZJ halogens were terrible too, but on a level that most halogen setups were, and both were still better than my 2013 JKU despite being 20 and 18 years older, respectively.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
Slapping some obvious humor on my statement is silly, but not dealing in absolutes, I guess. Nope. Not at all!

People are literally turning their headlights off and back on again just to verify they're still working. These headlights may satisfy minimal legal requirements, but that doesn't mean that they're safe. If this isn't what you would consider a safety concern then I'm glad you don't live my neighborhood where my kids play outside.

Also, pardon me for not being born prior to be 40s and having a chance to own every Jeep available during its production run, but just because my last Jeep was a JKU doesn't mean it was my only Jeep. My XJ and ZJ halogens were terrible too, but on a level that most halogen setups were, and both were still better than my 2013 JKU despite being 20 and 18 years older, respectively.

I'm also glad I don't live in Oklahoma.

Just because you like aftermarket LED bright white headlights doesn't mean the stock halogens are unsafe. I've never directly compared stock XJ lights to an 8 year old JKU but I wheel with an XJ pretty regularly and can say the JT halogen headlights/fogs work better than the stock XJ setup.

Maybe you should stop turning your headlights off while you're driving? I'm not even 40 yet but I learned a long time ago to just leave the headlights on auto. They work great that way.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
So far I have been spot on pleased with everything. Nothing I would change at this time. Helps in being very methodical on what I’ve taken off and put on. Ton of homework.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I'm also glad I don't live in Oklahoma.

Just because you like aftermarket LED bright white headlights doesn't mean the stock halogens are unsafe. I've never directly compared stock XJ lights to an 8 year old JKU but I wheel with an XJ pretty regularly and can say the JT halogen headlights/fogs work better than the stock XJ setup.

Maybe you should stop turning your headlights off while you're driving? I'm not even 40 yet but I learned a long time ago to just leave the headlights on auto. They work great that way.
I like being able to see while I'm driving in the dark. I bet other people appreciate it too. I couldn't care a less how they look when flexing in the grocery store parking lot.

My JKU Sport didn't have automatic lights if I recall. Maybe it did, but them turning on automatically doesn't make them brighter.

My JKU was used and abused. Anything altered from stock was done to serve a function, and none of it was for appearance only.

IMG_3038746226864.jpg

Sponsored

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like being able to see while I'm driving in the dark. I bet other people appreciate it too. I couldn't care a less how they look when flexing in the grocery store parking lot.

My JKU Sport didn't have automatic lights if I recall. Maybe it did, but them turning on automatically doesn't make them brighter.

My JKU was used and abused. Anything altered from stock was done to serve a function, and none of it was for appearance only.

Jeep Gladiator If you could do it over - What would you change? IMG_3038746226864
If you have that much trouble with your vision then maybe you should stick to your budget Benz and avoid jeeps altogether. Safety first my friend.

personally I’d be more worried about the thousands of barely running vehicles on the road in Oklahoma due to no inspection requirements but sure continue posturing on a forum. It’s good for the soul.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Engineer
If you have that much trouble with your vision then maybe you should stick to your budget Benz and avoid jeeps altogether. Safety first my friend.

personally I’d be more worried about the thousands of barely running vehicles on the road in Oklahoma due to no inspection requirements but sure continue posturing on a forum. It’s good for the soul.
Perfect vision, thank you. I thoroughly enjoy my budget Benz. It serves its purpose well for small family road trips, and the LED lights are amazing! Absolutely no mustard splatters.

It's also a great vehicle for teaching my daughter how to drive. It's not too big, easy to drive, and have I mentioned how much safety and visibility is provided by the LED headlights?!

PXL_20210914_014703132.NIGHT~2.jpg

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I'd get the dual top group, trail camera, and 8.4 inch screen. I'd like to have the half-doors too. But even if I did it again, I think they are too spendy.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Probably would have went with Mojave but would have to change color. Love orange accents but not with Nacho. Would love Gecko, trail cam, aux switches, proximity locks, and might as well throw in blue tooth speaker since you don't really get any more storage without it.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Nothing EXCEPT I would get Sarge green.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe some people's halogens are defective? Seriously I've thought several times about switching to LED after reading here how horrible halogen is, but then I get in my Jeep at night and realize it's just fine.

s alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon
On my 3 JKU's (2012, 2016, 2018) the halogens were barely adequate.....barely!! Avoided like hell driving at night with them, without the little also yellow foglights I'd say they're downright dangerous for nightdriving. Let alone if it rains or snows (at night) After those my JTR's LED's are like sunlight literally.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect vision, thank you. I thoroughly enjoy my budget Benz. It serves its purpose well for small family road trips, and the LED lights are amazing! Absolutely no mustard splatters.

It's also a great vehicle for teaching my daughter how to drive. It's not too big, easy to drive, and have I mentioned how much safety and visibility is provided by the LED headlights?!

PXL_20210914_014703132.NIGHT~2.jpg
I personally don’t buy vehicles that are easy for your daughter to drive but at least you got a low end Benz in case she dings it.

I’m sorry the vision issues run in the family but you have LEDs so you and your neighbors will survive.

In the meantime enjoy trolling forums of vehicles you wish to own. I’m guessing there’s not much of that element at the GLB forums.
Sponsored