Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have my gladiator yet and have been planning on what to do with the build.
I have not seen anything on youtube or in the threads on what people are doing to power onboard equipment inside the cab and still have control of it with the aux switches (such as a twin arb compressor)
I did see one post about running the wiring down the windshield frame. Is that the best option?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have my gladiator yet and have been planning on what to do with the build.
I have not seen anything on youtube or in the threads on what people are doing to power onboard equipment inside the cab and still have control of it with the aux switches (such as a twin arb compressor)
I did see one post about running the wiring down the windshield frame. Is that the best option?
If you have the AUX switches, there are wires in the cab and next to the battery to connect the devices. If the switches were factory installed, there are also hot wires in the cab with the switch wires. How the wiring is routed inside the cab will depend on where the device is being mounted, and if you want them hidden. They can be run under the covers that are on the windshield frame.

OP
OP
createdbeats

createdbeats

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the AUX switches, there are wires in the cab and next to the battery to connect the devices. If the switches were factory installed, there are also hot wires in the cab with the switch wires. How the wiring is routed inside the cab will depend on where the device is being mounted, and if you want them hidden. They can be run under the covers that are on the windshield frame.
Nice, good to hear.
Thanks

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes! I have a power cable from the factory battery running to my HAM Radio and ARB Dual Air Compressor. I went from the battery, along the frame and up through the passenger side drain plug.

I am also running a second battery in the rear under-seat storage bin, that powers my camp lights and fridge. It’s charged from a solar panel or the OEM battery when driving.

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
Yes! I have a power cable from the factory battery running to my HAM Radio and ARB Dual Air Compressor. I went from the battery, along the frame and up through the passenger side drain plug.

I am also running a second battery in the rear under-seat storage bin, that powers my camp lights and fridge. It’s charged from a solar panel or the OEM battery when driving.
this sounds great! What I am hoping to do. What kind of battery are you using in there? How do you have it hooked up to to the vehicle to charge it while driving.. I have been looking for a dual battery system that can be charged via the vehicle and solar.

regarding the power for you radio... was though the plug the easiest way? Any concerns with that?
Sponsored