First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
There are times when the steering wheel is too hot and I turn it off. Other times I can barely feel the heat. Same with my seats.
Does anyone else have an issue with the heat in their steering wheel and seats being inconsistent?
Has anyone had to have their cold weather package serviced?
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Outside air temp and cabin temp play a factor in how hot they get. Just like the thermostat that is now our HVAC. If the set temp and outside temp are 50* apart, the jeep tries to sync those two numbers asap. As the delta shrinks, it adjusts the hvac output.

OP
OP
berb

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
Outside air temp and cabin temp play a factor in how hot they get. Just like the thermostat that is now our HVAC. If the set temp and outside temp are 50* apart, the jeep tries to sync those two numbers asap. As the delta shrinks, it adjusts the hvac output.
I'm asking about the heated seats and steering wheel. My HVAC blows hot no matter the temp outside. It's never a factor

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I'm asking about the heated seats and steering wheel. My HVAC blows hot no matter the temp outside. It's never a factor
it works the same as the HVAC. If its below freezing it will put out max heat. If the outside temp is 70, it barely gets warm.

OP
OP
berb

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
it works the same as the HVAC. If its below freezing it will put out max heat. If the outside temp is 70, it barely gets warm.
interesting

Sponsored

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
That's interesting. I noticed the same thing, but for some reason my wife's 2022 Grand Cherokee's heated steering wheel and seats get hot no matter the temperature outside. Would be nice if the Gladiator was the same.

Reactions: JT1
OP
OP
berb

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
That's interesting. I noticed the same thing, but for some reason my wife's 2022 Grand Cherokee's heated steering wheel and seats get hot no matter the temperature outside. Would be nice if the Gladiator was the same.
My wife's wrangler gets way hotter than my gladiator and is hot no matter the temperature. That's why I asked the forum.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Same. This is the only one I've had that acts like this.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The Gladiator is set up to take into account ambient temperature etc. Once the interior of it starts warming up the seats and steering wheel are not as hot. If it is cold both get much hotter. In fact if the steering wheel is already warm from the sun etc, it does not even turn on or turns off as soon as you hit the button

OP
OP
berb

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
The Gladiator is set up to take into account ambient temperature etc. Once the interior of it starts warming up the seats and steering wheel are not as hot. If it is cold both get much hotter. In fact if the steering wheel is already warm from the sun etc, it does not even turn on or turns off as soon as you hit the button
[/QUOTE
does the orange light turn off?

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

sns1294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD
The steering wheel on my 2020 JLUR felt a lot warmer than my new 2023 JTRD's. The overall feel of the steering wheel feels different too. Might be a different material covering the wheel with different thermal properties? I don't know for sure but it's definitely noticable between the two.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
For what it’s worth my wife is having her JLU drivers side heated seat replaced after it got so hot it started to malfunction and just shut off.

my JT (2019 build year) heats to the same temp regardless of exterior temps. But depending on the outside temp its less noticeable.

for example if its 50 outside and i turn on the seats i dont feel it as much as I do when its 30 outside.

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
I always thought it had to do with how cold my hands are.... eg: if my hands are cold the steering wheel feels like lava but once they warm up the heat doesn't feel as intense. Either way, it works. When I chain up in the snow/ice, it's so nice to warm the hands up
Sponsored