Installed Daystar 1.5" Leveling Kit, now have rubbing

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
When you raise the ride height with the stock track bar, it will pull the front axle to the right = pulling your driver’s side tire closer to the frame.
I think you’ll find an adjustable track bar will solve your issue-
Right Idea, off in practice. as you gain lift height your front axle will move to the driver side and rear will move to the passenger side. The front track bar mounts to the frame at the driver side and axle on passenger side, forcing the front axle to shift driver side. The corrective action would be an adjustable front track bar if that is the cause but the way OP describes it, being a rub on the driver's side, I'm not sure that's the issue.

OP, did the kit include shock extensions? are they offset?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
This actually makes perfect sense.
What I have a problem with is how can Daystar market this kit without disclosing that a front adjustable track bar may be required or a less positive offset aftermarket wheel may be required? My other option is to install wheel spacers but I'm not too keen on going this route.
I’m running the Daystar 2” lift kit without an adjustable track bar, and I have no issues. I’m not sure that’s your problem. Can you post some pictures of your suspension?

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Right Idea, off in practice. as you gain lift height your front axle will move to the driver side and rear will move to the passenger side. The front track bar mounts to the frame at the driver side and axle on passenger side, forcing the front axle to shift driver side. The corrective action would be an adjustable front track bar if that is the cause but the way OP describes it, being a rub on the driver's side, I'm not sure that's the issue.

OP, did the kit include shock extensions? are they offset?
Yes, the kit did include shock extensions and they are not offset.
I firmly believe the protective sleeve over the driver's side front shock is what's rubbing the inside of the driver's side front tire at full lock to the left when moving forward. I see a scuff mark on the plastic that would correspond to wear it's rubbing the inside of the tire. When the Jeep is stationary with the engine on and someone turning the steering wheel full lock in both directions, I crawled under the Jeep but don't see any components touching. It seems to be only when the Jeep is in motion that I can reproduce this. I wish I had some type of a mount that I could hang a GoPro under there and video it.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m running the Daystar 2” lift kit without an adjustable track bar, and I have no issues. I’m not sure that’s your problem. Can you post some pictures of your suspension?
Did you run your 2" kit with your stock wheels and tires?
As I see your Gladiator in pictures now, it looks you are running the Quadratec Recon wheels which have a +11 offset compared to the stock wheels which has a +44.5 offset. This might be enough of a difference to push your wheels and tires away from the shock that you aren't experiencing the same issue as I am.

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
post some pics and take some measurements please.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If the shocks are the issue, seems to me that the easy fix is to switch the shocks. Or maybe flip them.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Spoke to Northridge 4x4, where I bought the kit from. Luckily, one of their sales guys AJ, has a Gladiator and confirmed the problem. He lifted his Gladiator and was running the stock wheels waiting on his beadlocks to come in and had the same rubbing on the shock sleeve. He installed wheel spacers temporarily and the rubbing went away. So for me it's either wheel spacers or new wheels with less of an offset than the factory wheels. Thank you for everyone's help and input. Great forum with extremely knowledgeable and helpful people here.

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sport S Max Tow with 2” leveling - 35” MTs on stock sport wheels and 33” ATs on Black rubicon wheels

91A9624E-03F3-44AF-94F4-D5EE1868075B.png

346B5408-27AE-4E28-99EB-1C3CB346BCDA.jpeg
Sponsored