Sponsored

Bwitherel

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
As far as the EVOa, I just personally have no need for windows. I could utilize the extra storage space, and the EVOa is $500 cheaper I believe, last I looked. I was just a little bummed they announced it so quickly after launching the Sport, after saying that they had no plans for anything else. That's not a ding on the product itself though of course.

I thought about the ARE HD, but you have to use their own crossbar system in order to achieve the advertised load capacity, which would have interfered with my plans for a full rack, so it wasn't an option. RSI was the best all-around for me.

No problem at all. Glad I could help!
Yeah you said in your video you didn’t care much for the sliding windows. I may try to turtle this cap too, but I need to be smart about it, lol. And btw, I don’t care for the look of the ARE HD at all - just not a fan personally. EVO way better looking.
Sponsored

5am33r

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Analyst
After about three and a half months of waiting for them to launch the product, my RSI Smartcap EVO finally arrived!

I'm blown away by the quality, and I'm glad that I waited for this one instead of settling for a different option. This checks every box that I had, and I can't wait to get my racks and tent mounted up so that I can take it out.

Check out the video below on my fledgling channel for a walkaround and my impressions. Let me know here or on my build thread if you have any questions.

Just want to say thank you for your videos on YouTube. I stumbled upon your RSI Smartcap review when I was looking into buying one. I ended up buying the EVOa. Could you guide be to where I can find your installation video (if any) for the lights inside the smartcap?

Jeep Gladiator Installed my RSI Smartcap EVO (Review) IMG_20210314_132316

IMG_20210320_172551.jpg

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to say thank you for your videos on YouTube. I stumbled upon your RSI Smartcap review when I was looking into buying one. I ended up buying the EVOa. Could you guide be to where I can find your installation video (if any) for the lights inside the smartcap?

Jeep Gladiator Installed my RSI Smartcap EVO (Review) IMG_20210320_172551

IMG_20210320_172551.jpg
No problem! Glad they helped!

I don't have a video, but I did put a write-up on my build thread. Feel free to check it out here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/ares-build-thread.26187/page-6

It's about half way down on page 6, post #82, dated December 13th. Assuming that the EVOa is the same as the EVO Sport, it should be the same process.

Edit: I forgot, I actually cross-posted it here too. It's on page 3, post #42 of this thread.

5am33r

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Analyst
No problem! Glad they helped!

I don't have a video, but I did put a write-up on my build thread. Feel free to check it out here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/ares-build-thread.26187/page-6

It's about half way down on page 6, post #82, dated December 13th. Assuming that the EVOa is the same as the EVO Sport, it should be the same process.

Edit: I forgot, I actually cross-posted it here too. It's on page 3, post #42 of this thread.
Yes, sorry, i was able to find the write up after going deep into this thread. Thanks again.

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, sorry, i was able to find the write up after going deep into this thread. Thanks again.
No problem at all! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sponsored

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
As far as the EVOa, I just personally have no need for windows. I could utilize the extra storage space, and the EVOa is $500 cheaper I believe, last I looked. I was just a little bummed they announced it so quickly after launching the Sport, after saying that they had no plans for anything else. That's not a ding on the product itself though of course.
Ditto

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone mounted mountain bike(s) inside the bed/cap combo? Maybe on a slide even?

Pmbrown9

First Name
Phillip Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey All,

Maybe a dumb question, but worth asking since I havnt seen much on the topic (probably good news). But has anyone noticed added wind noise with the cap? I have a tonneau now (so no wind) and wasnt sure if wind could get stuck between the small gap behind the back window and cap and make some wind noise. Obviously more of a question for someone who doesn’t have a rack on top.
I’m on the highway a ton and got my jeep pretty wind sealed with headliners/deadening etc. but hoping the cap doesn’t add noticeable wind noise since I’m on the phone (on highway) a lot for work…..

thanks in advance!!

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AEV Gladiator
My gladiator does not have the factory bed rails although is has the factory bedliner. Do you need the bed rails to mount the Smartcap?

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
No, my cap was one of the first order, it came with clamps that worked with or without, I used stainless strut for bed rails and it worked fine, or you just clamp it to the bed if no rails....Jack

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After about three and a half months of waiting for them to launch the product, my RSI Smartcap EVO finally arrived!

I'm blown away by the quality, and I'm glad that I waited for this one instead of settling for a different option. This checks every box that I had, and I can't wait to get my racks and tent mounted up so that I can take it out.

Check out the video below on my fledgling channel for a walkaround and my impressions. Let me know here or on my build thread if you have any questions.

Do you still have it? How's it held up?
Sponsored