2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

BlackBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The Gladiator platform with two firefighters, a tank, pump & hose, and some tools would be hard pressed to even haul 100gal.

It's sad to think my old Willys could haul more water than a modern Gladiator for brushfire duties. The "Blitz Buggy" model supposedly had a 200 gallon tank.

Massena Blitz Buggy.jpg

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
A handful of years back when I worked with some fire departments I got to see this unique build from Eagan, MN.

I don't remember all the details anymore, but started as a JKU, grafted in some custom rear suspension/axle/frame (you can see the leaf springs).

According to the department it was build to access some of the hard to reach areas of the local parks, but I'm guessing it gets used much more as a show piece.

Jeep Gladiator Interesting build at the dealership - Brush Firefighting Jeep Gladiator Promo Build Eagan FD Brush 2.JPG

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
A handful of years back when I worked with some fire departments I got to see this unique build from Eagan, MN.

I don't remember all the details anymore, but started as a JKU, grafted in some custom rear suspension/axle/frame (you can see the leaf springs).

According to the department it was build to access some of the hard to reach areas of the local parks, but I'm guessing it gets used much more as a show piece.

Jeep Gladiator Interesting build at the dealership - Brush Firefighting Jeep Gladiator Promo Build Filson-Ford-Bronco-7
Ahh the old factory JK8 kit. Looks tidy.

Lowcountryearl

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 TJ
Occupation
Biomedical Engineer
I wonder how the fiberglass top would hold up in any real heat

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Took my gladiator into the dealership for service and seen this cool build sitting at Reineke Family dealership. Talked to the salesman Kurt about it and apparently his brothers shop built it as a promo vehicle (there were also 2 trucks built by him on the lot too). Looks like a good start for an expedition rig. Work was done by Reiselt’s Machine Works out of Radnor Ohio

Jeep Gladiator Interesting build at the dealership - Brush Firefighting Jeep Gladiator Promo Build Filson-Ford-Bronco-7

Wow, and they did it on an overland

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Off Road 2017
Occupation
Parts Technician

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
So, why not build it with a higher capacity rear suspension? It's already pretty heavily modded, so why not go that extra step to get 250 gallons on it. One advantage the JT has over a full size truck is that is is a bit more narrow.

As for overlanding, I'd just stick with the stock bed and put a removable rack in it. You can always add droors/slide outs, but make it all removable, because I wouldn't be overlanding but one or two big trips a year. The rest of the time, I'd want it to be a light pickup truck and off-roader, meaning daily driver and weekend trips that don't require all the overlanding gear. I wouldn't have the money to have such a specialized rig. It'd have to be a jack of all trades.

arneb04

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Working
I see an awful lot of wildland fire outfits using side by sides. This doesn’t seem that outlandish to me to be a practical unit with better utility than a side by side. Having been red carded at one time and now working at a USFWS office, I can tell you there’s a lot more to wildland, grass and brush fires than carrying water…

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370

Jeep Gladiator Interesting build at the dealership - Brush Firefighting Jeep Gladiator Promo Build SUMMIT EXPEDITION TRUCKS JEEP GLADIATOR FLATBED UTE TRAY 1
I thought of this same rig when I saw this thread. Eagan has some nice trucks.
Sponsored