Sponsored

Is ExtremeTerrain.com legit?? Where do you shop?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I forgot I bought the overhead MOLLE rack and the underseat locking storage from JCR, good stuff and ZERO issues with ordering/shipping/delivery.

JCR definitely has good customer service and have never had a problem with them.

I ordered my full bed rack along with molle panels. They sent the wrong bolts for the rack and next day'd the new ones to me.
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Best retailer for me has been Northridge, great customer service and their site is up to date. Highly recommend

I bought my rear bumper from JCR and had issues with it. They were great about trying to figure out the issue and get it right. Highly recommend

I've also had good luck with Quadratec. Had an issue with a quick disconnect and they sent out a new one plus a prepaid shipping sticker for the old to send back. It took more back and forth but I am happy with their customer service. Sometimes their prices just can't be beat either. Qtech is my second stop after Northridge, I recommend.

Haven't had too many issues that haven't been resolved to my satisfaction but I believe part of that is my initial approach. If you talk to whoever is trying to help you out with some dignity and calmly explain the situation they typically help you out.

Sometimes you just need to shop around for the best service too. Hell, I go a half hour out of my way because the dealer two towns over has great service and a tech I like. Worth it to me

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Haven't had too many issues that haven't been resolved to my satisfaction but I believe part of that is my initial approach. If you talk to whoever is trying to help you out with some dignity and calmly explain the situation they typically help you out.
This is so true!

Sometimes you just need to shop around for the best service too. Hell, I go a half hour out of my way because the dealer two towns over has great service and a tech I like. Worth it to me
Amen. I do the same!

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
Northridge is my first choice..... I have got a few things for extreme terrain and everything went well... 4 wheelparts has always been good. But for about 12 years Northridge has been my go to.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If you want to order from one of the bigger retailers the biggest issue is if they keep updated info on inventory, or at least communicate with their supplier for drop shipping. Extreme Terrain and Quadratec seem to just list anything being drop shipped as in stock even if the supplier has a back order. For the most part I plan to buy directly from suppliers when I can as far as parts go, even if it costs a little more.

Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I have purchased a handful of things from them with no issue. My last purchase got shipped on the same day. I am kinda fed up with QT. Purchased a rear bumper from them and it is on back order, no big deal. I contacted the manufacturer and they were cool with sending it to me direct but QT didn't allow it. So now I'm still waiting.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I just ordered an open box bumper from extreme terrain. It shipped the same day I ordered it.

They had photos of it so you know what you were getting. Or at least what you should be getting.
The written description was scratches and scuffs. And the photos showed that as well.

What arrived were some parts broken and some parts deformed. I sent them a message letting them know I could replace the broken parts if they want to send me a partial refund and I could fix the deformed part myself. Or return the whole thing for a full refund.

After I hear back, I'll post an update.
Jeep Gladiator Is ExtremeTerrain.com legit?? Where do you shop? 20210418_201138
Jeep Gladiator Is ExtremeTerrain.com legit?? Where do you shop? 20210419_093948

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered an open box bumper from extreme terrain. It shipped the same day I ordered it.

They had photos of it so you know what you were getting. Or at least what you should be getting.
The written description was scratches and scuffs. And the photos showed that as well.

What arrived were some parts broken and some parts deformed. I sent them a message letting them know I could replace the broken parts if they want to send me a partial refund and I could fix the deformed part myself. Or return the whole thing for a full refund.

After I hear back, I'll post an update.
Wow, not my experience at all. I had an open box top that was stated "Great condition" with no missing parts. It was missing so many parts I couldn't come close to installing it and the top wasn't even shipped in a box, just a bag. I've been fighting with them for over six weeks to make this right. They wouldn't even offer me the missing parts or comp to buy them elsewhere. Communication falls through the cracks, then I start all over with a different rep and supervisor. Maybe today they'll get it right ;)

I had another open box item that had good pics, but selective pics because the underside of the item was severely damaged. I didn't even bother with them on this product and just tossed it.

Open-box/warehouse deals with Amazon are worth the gamble with their return policy. ExtremeTerrain not so much IMHO.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Wow, not my experience at all. I had an open box top that was stated "Great condition" with no missing parts. It was missing so many parts I couldn't come close to installing it and the top wasn't even shipped in a box, just a bag. I've been fighting with them for over six weeks to make this right. They wouldn't even offer me the missing parts or comp to buy them elsewhere. Communication falls through the cracks, then I start all over with a different rep and supervisor. Maybe today they'll get it right ;)

I had another open box item that had good pics, but selective pics because the underside of the item was severely damaged. I didn't even bother with them on this product and just tossed it.

Open-box/warehouse deals with Amazon are worth the gamble with their return policy. ExtremeTerrain not so much IMHO.
Yeah, I order from amazon warehouse all the time for the same reason. I was willing to give extreme terrain the benefit of the doubt based on that experience. hahaha

But yeah, there's always the option to let the credit card company dispute it.

Good luck. Hope they make it right for you.

printerjohnnie

First Name
John Glass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance
I'm curious if anyone shops there. Seems like they have a lot of good stuff. I placed a few small orders recently but have had horrible experiences and even worse customer service. It feel likes it's a late 90's ecommerce tech-startup the ways things are run over there.

I any event, where do you guys shop for Jeep stuff? What is your go-to?

printerjohnnie

First Name
John Glass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance
I use Quadratec and extreme terrain had no problems

slowstang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Northridge4x4 has my business. The guys there are a pleasure to deal with and very honest. I spoke to someone the other day for 2 hours with all sorts of technical questions before placing my order. They are extremely knowledgable and you can tell are true Jeep people!
Sponsored