Sponsored

Is it weird or a compliment if someone made the exact same Gladiator as me?

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
There’s someone in Raleigh that completely copied me. It’s really weird. I’ve passed him a few times he won’t wave. A Sting Gray Overland like mine with the exactly the same options (fully loaded minus body colored hard top), same tires, tint, Rubicon shocks, Mopar black tubular side steps, blacked out emblems, Mopar bed cover, and 20% window tint. I knew it was pretty damn similar, but I saw it parked at the grocery store (Harris Teeter off Creedmore) and it’s exactly the same. Even my fiancée said, and I quote, “What in the actual fuck?”. I don’t know if I should be creeped out or take it as a compliment. The exact same brand and size tire was really weird too. It’s nit lien they are BFG A/Ts or something. The same 275/70/18 Dueler A/T Revos on stock overland wheels.

Edit: it’s not that common of a build either, I had to search for mine. It was a dealer locate. I only know of one similar one on dealer lots, but it was a soft top and I know who bought it. We work for the same company I see it every day.
Don’t worry about it unless you see your girlfriend passenger side.
Sponsored

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
There’s someone in Raleigh that completely copied me. It’s really weird. I’ve passed him a few times he won’t wave. A Sting Gray Overland like mine with the exactly the same options (fully loaded minus body colored hard top), same tires, tint, Rubicon shocks, Mopar black tubular side steps, blacked out emblems, Mopar bed cover, and 20% window tint. I knew it was pretty damn similar, but I saw it parked at the grocery store (Harris Teeter off Creedmore) and it’s exactly the same. Even my fiancée said, and I quote, “What in the actual fuck?”. I don’t know if I should be creeped out or take it as a compliment. The exact same brand and size tire was really weird too. It’s nit lien they are BFG A/Ts or something. The same 275/70/18 Dueler A/T Revos on stock overland wheels.

Edit: it’s not that common of a build either, I had to search for mine. It was a dealer locate. I only know of one similar one on dealer lots, but it was a soft top and I know who bought it. We work for the same company I see it every day.
they just shy

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
don't go anywhere alone, he is a robot and is going to replace you, think it was a stephen king book about jeeps

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
But there really isn't an issue...
You're right, I'm not mad about it at all. I think its funny. My point is not the way the Jeep is optioned. Its the same same 275/70/18 Dueler A/T Revos (not a common tire or size), same type and darkness of window tint I had done, the same take off Rubicon shocks, the same Fox steering stabilizer, the same Mopar black tubular side steps (I hated the bleechers), the same blacked out emblem stickers I have, the same Mopar soft tri fold bed cover, and the same stubby antenna. That's the stuff I added that were not on it from the factory. I've done a lot of little things, but kept it pretty stock for drivability and MPG since its my DD and I drive 20k+ miles/yr.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Swing your JT in to a body wrap or graphics place and have them make you a wrap with " #1 " or something then have it on door's and tailgate. Then if the other one shows up the same or very similar you got a problem. ;) I can understand why you don't want a vehicle to look closely like your vehicle especially if the other person then does something stupid or is.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
JT just got a whole new meaning.....

Jeep Twins!:LOL:

Once I get my Gladiator painted Sting Gray just like yours...... Just Kidding.

It is a bit odd but still probably just coincidental or like others have said, they were inspired by your rig.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
NC Overland........take it as a complement! Come on down to the coast, go over to the banks, wet a line, have a few beers and enjoy life. All is good!
Not sweating it. See my avatar pic, that's what I was doing there.

Sponsored

1st Foray

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Real Estate

Edit: it’s not that common of a build either, I had to search for mine. It was a dealer locate. I only know of one similar one on dealer lots, but it was a soft top and I know who
Jeep Gladiator Is it weird or a compliment if someone made the exact same Gladiator as me? D4938B95-9226-462C-B7C1-C1ED22FCF6EF
bought it. We work for the same company I see it every day.
I believe everyone needs a nemesis. Life would be boring if everything always worked out in our favor.

Have you considered swapping your wheels for 20” Gorillaz? I’ll bet he’ll stop following you down that path.

1st Foray

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Real Estate
I believe everyone needs a nemesis. Life would be boring if everything always worked out in our favor.

Have you considered swapping your wheels for 20” Gorillaz? I’ll bet he won’t follow that.

D2D17188-1EDD-4C43-8121-688868E1D59B.jpeg

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Waitwaitwait...the same hat is creepy enough, but who rocked the 'stache first? :LOL:
We both decided to keep the mustaches after the Al-Can trip when neither of us shaved for 44 days. The hats aren't identical. In fact, Ray lost his on the last day of our Al-Can trip, so had to buy a new one. But Ray got that--honest to God--after being embarrassed that he was the only one in a group shot to The Other Side of Nowhere, Big Bend Ranch State Park, TX, without one. It's an overlanding thing!

Jeep Gladiator Is it weird or a compliment if someone made the exact same Gladiator as me? West Texas Traverse, Oct 14, R1_2382, Group Shot at Other Side of Nowhere (8x10 crop)
Sponsored