First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Looks like a typical generic winch.. For the price though I would buy the always popular Badlands 12000. The Warn Evo 10k also ends up on sale every once in a while for just a bit more.
OP, check the HF coupons. The Badlands is on sale until the 22nd for $559.

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
This one is on CL for $200 with the mount.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
For 200 bucks its probably worth it.. Its most likely about the same quality as the slew of 3-400 dollar 12k winch's on amazon.

If you think your actually going to be using it on an even semi regular basis I would spend a bit more & get the HF.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Make sure it works before you buy it!

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
This is the first I have heard of a CSI winch. May be a great winch but more likely it has been made to sell at an attractive price point similar to the Hobo Fraight model. Since you won’t use a winch often and when you do someone is most likely in trouble so you want confidence the winch will work and not break apart. With this in mind I would go with a brand that has a good reputation and is know to have after sales customer support. I went with Smitty Built. It works each time I roll the line out and wind it back in when I check it for proper operation. Since mounting, right at one year ago, I have not used it for recovery or pulling dead trees out. Enjoy the build!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I would give it try for that price. I’m running a super generic one from Amazon. It’s an X-Bull. I used it once so far to free someone stuck in the mud. It did it’s thing. Hopefully it keeps doing it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Never heard of the brand but it looks like it comes from the same chinese factories as nearly all others. For that price I would get a confirmation of life and then keep it rolling.

If it needs service any compotent alternator/starter/motor shop should be more than capable to rebuild what ails it. Motors are motors for the most part but the real weak point would be the relay pack and the pendent connection weather tightness. Nearly every NFU electric winch I have seen in the field was due to poor controller contact versus roasted motors. Failing relay packs do happen and silicone or epoxy potting will help harden them. I would recomend relocating if at all possible before going all out with a potting job, once potted it is entombed and now no longer servicable.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can get a Warn VR 10S for around $750 if you shop around. Just for comparison

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Thats still 500 bucks more.

For the offered price I'd take it home.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thats still 500 bucks more.

For the offered price I'd take it home.
Hopefully this one will last as long as the other, or perform as well.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Hopefully this one will last as long as the other, or perform as well.
At the risk of being "that guy", the OP is seriously considering a low ball down market option to start the discussion.

In all honesty I am probabaly not the man to talk to as it is as I made a 10k hydraulic winch go where none should go in the first place.

But since most of the down market "starter" winches are of about the same build quality and performance standard, being frugal isn't the worst idea just as going to the top of the line race spec warn might not be the best idea.

All in all, better to have a winch now and learn what makes good winches great than keep spending great winch funds on other things and still have no winch.
Sponsored