Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Any new updates on this? 392? GME-T6? 5.7?
Sponsored

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I think I read somewhere that the next possibility of any 2022+ talk wasn't until the LA Auto Show. Who knows if that's true, but I have to imagine there are at least 2000 existing Gladiator owners that would drop the $91k for a 392 Gladiator. Then they only need 1-1.k more buyers of a 4 sec naked vehicle to sell out the year.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Texas State Fair Auto Show is this month. I’ll let you guys know what I see and pics if something new is there. Jeep and Ram are always there.

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just found this couple month old article. I’m wondering if this would make Jeep try to beat the Ranger Raptor to market with the 392 Gladiator…

Ford Ranger Raptor Article

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I would hope that if Ford brings the Ranger Raptor over, they'd compete with a 392 Gladiator.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I suspect investment in that I-6 may have been stopped by the electric vehicle craze sweeping manufacturers. I fear all development $$$ has been switched over to EV and we'll never see that I-6. Sadly.
I have some folks I know in South Louisiana with them electric cars. Asked them how it was going and they very quite. I know its just likely they will be without power for some weeks but many are thankful they have a second vehicle that runs on gas same as their generators (LOL). Don't get me wrong I think electric is interesting as I am looking to try to get my wife to trade here big tank for a plug in hybrid but we can't even find any around here that we are interested in.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I have some folks I know in South Louisiana with them electric cars. Asked them how it was going and they very quite. I know its just likely they will be without power for some weeks but many are thankful they have a second vehicle that runs on gas same as their generators (LOL). Don't get me wrong I think electric is interesting as I am looking to try to get my wife to trade here big tank for a plug in hybrid but we can't even find any around here that we are interested in.
Well, gas pumps don't work when the power is out, so it's not like ICE vehicles have a big advantage there.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Well, gas pumps don't work when the power is out, so it's not like ICE vehicles have a big advantage there.
True but you can't exactly put electricity into a Jerry can...

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Nope. But you can use the same Jerry can to fill a generator. Although still not nearly as easy as refilling a fuel tank.
I don't know if I would want to plug my car into then portable generators. Maybe run it to the house then house to car for perhaps some added protection. Yep that is big problem lots of the stations don't have back up power source to run pumps, etc.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Hey Jeep, please give us a 5.7 Hemi for a reasonable price like in the Ram, instead of just the apeshit but largely impractical for many of us 392. I promise you an option like that will sell like hot cakes. Much as I love my Mojave, I’ll trade it tomorrow for one PRECISELY like it with a 5.7.
FACTS!! It should be an engine selection across the board not just high end models already highly priced. I would have gone with the overland model w/ v8 and a max tow over a Rubicon.
Sponsored