hivol13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Buffalo Trace is first on the list
Pro tip... if you collect any of the horses on the Blanton's bottles, you can get them in the gift shop! Bad thing is that any of the rare burbons, you are better off getting them out of state! I had to buy a bottle of E H Taylor from a bud in Virginia!

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
Go to is always Green Label. As much as they keep trying to take it off the market, it keeps coming back. It's the herpes of whisky! God bless 'em.

Scotch. YES. Anything coming from Islay is tops for me, Ardbeg has yet to fail me and Lophraig is my least fav but still delicious. That island is the best! Pretty too. Speaking of Scottish Isles, Orkneys are wonderful although Scapa got off track a bit, but Highland Park 18 still knocks my dick in the dirt. Elsewhere in the Land O' Burns, most Speysides are soft and subtle but ultimately uninteresting. Perfect intro to scotch if uninitiated. Mind you, I'd never turn one down if you're offerin'. Polished off some 21 YO Glenlivet and am still in bliss. McCallan is a crap shoot. Had a bottle of Rare Cask that was one of the best whiskys ever, but also had some 18 YO that I wouldn't polish my shoes with. Glenmorangie is strangely great. Their 10 YO is wonderful if a bit bitey, and their Signet is heavenly although the wifey hates it. Their Quinta Ruban and Nectar D'or are staples. Oddly enough, the Japanese whiskys are phenomenal. Miyagikyo is mindblowing! Nikka, any variety, is astonishingly great. So much yummy from the land of the rising sun! All legit, too. Whisky without the "E". Really worth seeking out in spite of the hipster popularity. Have to also give credit to the blends, Johnnie Walker and Chivas in particular. Green Label, Numero UNO! Blue, yeah, won't turn it down but too pricey. Red and Black suck. Gold, meh. Green Label all the way, baby! Chivas, yes please! Still have some Chivas Regal 25 YO that feels tragic to finish off. Sooooo good though! Other blends, like wine, are really making whisky shine, don't knock 'em. Drink 'em!

That's a little bit o' the scotch end of the thread. Still working on my research. Sweet, delicious, clarity inducing research.

Sponsored

jlc64uk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon; 21 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Asst. Principal
Pro tip... if you collect any of the horses on the Blanton's bottles, you can get them in the gift shop! Bad thing is that any of the rare burbons, you are better off getting them out of state! I had to buy a bottle of E H Taylor from a bud in Virginia!
You can also get them mounted on a barrel stave as well.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I don't drink a lot any more but when I do it's Glen Breton Rare 10 Year Old Single Malt Whisky.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 20201103_165221

Last edited:

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I always keep some stillhouse in my JT because it is the most versatile whiskey on the market - perfect for jeepers. It makes any terrain smooth (for those of us who still sleep in ground tents), you can use it to clean your hands or degrease parts, and if you spill some you don't feel too bad. Plus the can is tougher than a glass bottle out there and doubles as a mini jerry can - heck a couple of these welded together and you'd have a shitty rotopax! 😁

Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 20201103_165221

Seriously though - I like rye. Crown Royal Harvest Rye is really good. For bourbon I like Old Grandad - especially their 100 proof bonded variety.
I love the Stillhouse Coffee whiskey... I've been tempted to put a can in the Jeep for those special occasions!

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Go to is always Green Label. As much as they keep trying to take it off the market, it keeps coming back. It's the herpes of whisky! God bless 'em.

Scotch. YES. Anything coming from Islay is tops for me, Ardbeg has yet to fail me and Lophraig is my least fav but still delicious. That island is the best! Pretty too. Speaking of Scottish Isles, Orkneys are wonderful although Scapa got off track a bit, but Highland Park 18 still knocks my dick in the dirt. Elsewhere in the Land O' Burns, most Speysides are soft and subtle but ultimately uninteresting. Perfect intro to scotch if uninitiated. Mind you, I'd never turn one down if you're offerin'. Polished off some 21 YO Glenlivet and am still in bliss. McCallan is a crap shoot. Had a bottle of Rare Cask that was one of the best whiskys ever, but also had some 18 YO that I wouldn't polish my shoes with. Glenmorangie is strangely great. Their 10 YO is wonderful if a bit biteynd their Signet is heavenly although the wifey hates it. Their Quinta Ruban and Nectar D'or are staples. Oddly enough, the Japanese whiskys are phenomenal. Miyagikyo is mindblowing! Nikka, any variety, is astonishingly great. So much yummy from the land of the rising sun! All legit, too. Whisky without the "E". Really worth seeking out in spite of the hipster popularity. Have to also give credit to the blends, Johnnie Walker and Chivas in particular. Green Label, Numero UNO! Blue, yeah, won't turn it down but too pricey. Red and Black suck. Gold, meh. Green Label all the way, baby! Chivas, yes please! Still have some Chivas Regal 25 YO that feels tragic to finish off. Sooooo good though! Other blends, like wine, are really making whisky shine, don't knock 'em. Drink 'em!

That's a little bit o' the scotch end of the thread. Still working on my research. Sweet, delicious, clarity inducing research.
Thanks for the lesson in Scotch, Munkey boy. Sounds like you are very well traveled in the peat. I am almost caught up on Bourbon, then I'm going to Rye. I'll follow that with foreign spirits, like Scotch, Irish, and Japanese. I already have a little of everything. My wife bought me a Glenlivet 12 YO, and I bought a bottle of Monkey Shoulder. I also have a bottle of Japanese made in Mizunara Oak. Oh and Irish whisky too. I already have Jamisons. Ok, I'll also get some Canadian.

Lin.

Sponsored

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
You guys are some professionals! I like my Jim Beam red stag and some crown apple and crown peach. I have a lot to learn. My dads a whiskey and scotch man. I guess I got some growing up to do. 🍻

Mike White

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2006 TJ, 1979 MGB
Occupation
Nuclear Emergency Planner
Isn't there a bourbon dinner train that leaves from Bardstown?

jlc64uk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon; 21 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Asst. Principal
OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Today's haul.
20210410_181659.jpg
will provide information if you guys are interested.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
Four Roses single barrel is my favorite. I enjoy beam for mixing with coke.
Sponsored