Nuclear Emergency Planner
I'm very intrigued.
Sponsored

JeepFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon & 08 JK Sahara
Have a pretty good collection. Enjoy Blade & Bow, Orphan Barrels, Blood Oath, Dewars Double Double series (21/27/32 years). I do have an excellent bar near me that has over 1200 different bottles of bourbon, scotch, irish, etc. So I like trying different stuff.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers mystuff

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
My son works for a distillery. I don't know much about it, but he can get pretty much anything and he's happy to share with me; Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Angel's Envy, Blanton's and even 20 year Pappy Van Winkle.

The irony? I can't even drink the stuff. I enjoy an occasional beer, but I've never been able to drink hard liquor. It makes me ill. Life is not fair.

Last edited:

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Guess you could say I like bourbon:

OE4Yfe5h.jpg

I do tastings on my back porch frequently with my local Jeep club members. I try to make it a different theme each time. This was our Texas whiskey/bourbon week.

EIdaLgQh.jpg

Personally, I prefer the wheaters. Old Fitzgerald, Larceny, Weller. But two of my recent favorites are Rock Hill Farms and Blanton's Gold.

I also have an instagram page where I feature the bourbons I taste and try.

@backporchbourbon

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Have a pretty good collection. Enjoy Blade & Bow, Orphan Barrels, Blood Oath, Dewars Double Double series (21/27/32 years). I do have an excellent bar near me that has over 1200 different bottles of bourbon, scotch, irish, etc. So I like trying different stuff.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers EIdaLgQh

#aspirations

Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm outta drinkin' whiskey! Just got the good sippin stuff. Not that kinda night. On to gin!

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I'm outta drinkin' whiskey! Just got the good sippin stuff. Not that kinda night. On to gin!
Went to a party last night that became a gin tasting event. (Not pictured - Aviation and Blue Sapphire). Quite the experience!
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers tempImage3GgogQ
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers tempImageuUmXca
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers tempImagekItXyy

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whiskey is always #1. However, gin has a place in my cupboard. I do enjoy the beautiful flavors good gins have to offer.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Whiskey is always #1. However, gin has a place in my cupboard. I do enjoy the beautiful flavors good gins have to offer.
I found the Roku had a distinct pepper flavor whereas the Genever, made from rye, was very earthy and smokey. (Think if Lagavulin made gin!). My favorite was the Monkey 47. Just flowery enough without being overbearing like Hendricks. Aviation is muted and blurry, and Blue Sapphire, dare I say, is quite pedestrian.

Sponsored

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
I'm more of a whiskey guy, right now my favorite is Jameson Black Barrel. Nice and smooth going down. But we've always got a few bottles of each style to choose from. I think right now we have some Larceny, Bulleit, Old forester, E. Craig, Johnny Walker Black & Gold Reserve, McCallan, Jim Beam Apple, some Tequila, Gin, Vodka.... 🥃

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Winner, winner - Chicken Dinner!!
I hit a bottle lottery and just picked this baby up!
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 80078D22-B3B9-4096-977B-3CC2ABB866D3

Weasel Caesar

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Man, so many of you are talking about having trouble finding these whiskeys locally- I can buy Angel's Envy (a "unicorn" in an earlier post) from the corner drugstore! If I head down to the actual liquor store, pretty much all of these brands are on the shelf- no bottle limit. If you like rye whiskeys, try the Basil Haden's Dark Rye - it is masterful and makes a helluva manhattan or an old fashioned... if you can bare to mix it at all. I found myself drinking it straight most of the time. I actually am more of a Rum drinker myself (ALWAYS have a bottle o' rum around), but I am plenty fond of whiskeys. I prefer American whiskeys over scotch, but my parents' neighbor is jetset on my scotch education. For his 80th birthday party (in 2019, pre-pandemic) he had about 20 of us over to his house for a tasting party, hosted by an actual scotsman (a friend of his who works at the liquor store as a the resident scotch expert), who walked us through about 20 different bottles - location, tasting notes, odd trivia about the distillery, etc. Found out I LOVE Old Pultaney. He gave me the rest of the bottle and told me to take it home- it didn't last long! (Not that there was much left...)

Anyway, a few other whiskey friends:
•Clyde Mays - any of them
•Devil's Cut (Jim Beam)- a great budget brand
•High West
•Four Roses - even the entry bottle is good, but the single barrel offerings are incredible (the single barrels are unicorns for me locally, but they always have the basic bottle and reserve on the shelf)
•Platte Valley - 100% corn whiskey in a cool moonshine jug
•Knob Creek
•Bulleit - prefer the rye, but they're all pretty good
... there's probably a ton more I'm forgetting, but on to...

RUM! I know, I know, this is a whiskey thread, but I can't help myself!
•Plantation Rum- this brand has GREAT offerings. Their dark rum is excellent, both for mixing and... not. I really like their Stiggin's Fancy aged pineapple rum. Don't think Malibu, there's none of that sugary nonsense here- it's dark rum aged in macerated pineapple rinds and it's incredible.
•Myer's Legend- the premium version of their eponymous dark rum and it's unbelievable... if you can find it. (They may have stopped bottling this one).
•Pasero De Oro - get the top shelf, it's like a cloud of brown sugar and oak on your tongue.
•Smith & Cross 100 proof - smoother than you'd think
•Pusser's Naval Rum - this stuff is made using the original British Naval recipe that they stopped feeding to sailors in the 70s- apparently having a bunch of drunk sailors in charge of nuclear-armed vessels was a concern, haha. They still use the original 400 year old WOODEN pot stills, too.
•Doorly's - they're all servicable, but the XO and eight year are the standouts for me (I actually liked the 8-year better than their 12 year, but the XO is best, IMO).
•Pyrat - pretty sure this stuff is bottled by the same company in charge of Patron, so a kind of premium rum on the cheaper spectrum of premium. I bought my buddy the $400 version after he helped me install an air conditioner, and it was superb. Try the cheaper (~$30/bottle) first and see if you like it before splurging!

I could go on about rum for much longer, but I'll stop now. I think I've hijacked the thread long enough on an unrelated spirit. 😁

"But why is the rum always gone?" - Cap't Jack Sparrow

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are in Kentucky now. We are doing some tours and too m much shopping. I even bought a barrel (empty ... 🤐). I'll take pictures when we get home and there is room to spread it out.

Lin
Sponsored