Sponsored

Jeep AND whiskey lovers

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Count me in this club. Just had some jeep therapy (top down, good tunes, perfect weather) on the way to HF to get my new apex winch. Got home and cracked open some old forrester bottled in bond to celebrate. Shifty week at work and jeep, then bourbon, sure f'ing helps.... Got some Willett pot still reserve on hand for those really good/bad days
Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Also, Bartons is my favorite tour. Makers Mark (y'all should be ambassadors) is so nice and classy. Beautiful campus, cultured tour. Bartons doesn't give a fuck. Walk and the distillery on the catwalks next to dudes in hard hats. Tastings on a fold up table in a side room with plastic shot glasses. They make good bourbon. They know it. Why put on airs? Legit. ......and they let you taste that white dog pulling right of the stil. Mmmmmmmmm

Mike White

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2006 TJ, 1979 MGB
Occupation
Nuclear Emergency Planner
I went to Jim Beam on A slow day. We got a taste from a barrel the were just fixin to dump, then I got to bottle a bottle of knob creek small batch. I got to sign the label as the bottler. Now my wife won't let me drink it. I had to buy another bottle.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Who uses Flaviar to try new whiskeys and Scotches?
I did the Flaviar thing for a couple years and really enjoyed it. I learned that my favorite whiskey/whisky is more on the sweeter side. I was totally into the Irish and Japanese whiskey, but I’m discovering so many great domestic distillery’s. Giving this a try as I type this.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 1618011167296

Sponsored

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I'm a big Buffalo Trace Distillery guy. Pretty much everything they have, I love. Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Stagg Jr, EH Taylor, 1792 (all of them), Blanton's, Wellers... also Kentucky Owl, Knob Creek 15 year. I could go on. Lol.
Totally agree with you on BT distillery. Amazing all of the great stuff they are putting out.

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I went to Jim Beam on A slow day. We got a taste from a barrel the were just fixin to dump, then I got to bottle a bottle of knob creek small batch. I got to sign the label as the bottler. Now my wife won't let me drink it. I had to buy another bottle.
That's really cool. Planning on taking the wife and Snzzbry up to Kentucky at the end of the month to check out the distilleries and the liquor.

Lin

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Once store started putting unicorn tags on them.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 1618011167296
If you think that’s tasty- find their green label rye. That’s really nice. Some publications even called it the best spirit you can buy. Now that’s a stretch for sure but none the less it’s really quite very good....

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I always keep some stillhouse in my JT because it is the most versatile whiskey on the market - perfect for jeepers. It makes any terrain smooth (for those of us who still sleep in ground tents), you can use it to clean your hands or degrease parts, and if you spill some you don't feel too bad. Plus the can is tougher than a glass bottle out there and doubles as a mini jerry can - heck a couple of these welded together and you'd have a shitty rotopax! 😁

Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 1618015622560

Seriously though - I like rye. Crown Royal Harvest Rye is really good. For bourbon I like Old Grandad - especially their 100 proof bonded variety.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I always keep some stillhouse in my JT because it is the most versatile whiskey on the market - perfect for jeepers. It makes any terrain smooth (for those of us who still sleep in ground tents), you can use it to clean your hands or degrease parts, and if you spill some you don't feel too bad. Plus the can is tougher than a glass bottle out there and doubles as a mini jerry can - heck a couple of these welded together and you'd have a shitty rotopax! 😁

Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 1618015622560

Seriously though - I like rye. Crown Royal Harvest Rye is really good. For bourbon I like Old Grandad - especially their 100 proof bonded variety.
The 114 Old Grandad is killer. Here's my new bottle.
16180161505423576749530098769221.jpg
That's a picture of Old Basil Hayden, himself.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
The 114 Old Grandad is killer. Here's my new bottle.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep AND whiskey lovers 16180161505423576749530098769221
That's a picture of Old Basil Hayden, himself.
I've seen that but have not tried it. Hey - how is your build going?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the club but not able to drink much as I could in my younger years. Plus work keeps me from being able to drink a lot of the time.... No alcohol 8 plus hours before work on 12:45 hour shifts and hour plus drive to and back from work. I found one of my favorites when I was stationed in KY. E. Craig and a few others. That and Makers Mark are some of my favorites off the shelf. If I ever get back to living in a house I'll build myself another liquor cabinet to display / store my collection in.

hivol13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
That's really cool. Planning on taking the wife and Snzzbry up to Kentucky at the end of the month to check out the distilleries and the liquor.

Lin
Be sure to check out Buffalo Trace in Frankfort! It's a great tour! Woodford and Maker's is good as well. If you stay in Louisville, be sure to check out Angles Envy, 4 Roses, and Jeptha Creed (new distillery). I could go on...... 😆

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Be sure to check out Buffalo Trace in Frankfort! It's a great tour! Woodford and Maker's is good as well. If you stay in Louisville, be sure to check out Angles Envy, 4 Roses, and Jeptha Creed (new distillery). I could go on...... 😆
Buffalo Trace is first on the list.
Sponsored