Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta admit, after a friend stopped by and showed his on his JT - it's awfully tempting. It might just make my wife more open to panels out, too. Iowa - they predict NO rain and we get 5". They predict 90% chance and it's a sunny day. No wonder my son decided against meteorology as a major.....
I couldn't be happier with mine and it's been up there since September 2019. Some of the best money I've spent on the Gladiator. I live in the NW and it hasn't leaked a drop. When we get our 5 minutes of no rain in the winter I love it all the more.
Sponsored

mbev

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I couldn't be happier with mine and it's been up there since September 2019. Some of the best money I've spent on the Gladiator. I live in the NW and it hasn't leaked a drop. When we get our 5 minutes of no rain in the winter I love it all the more.
I live in the NW as well and would like to put this on for the summer and go back to the freedom tops in the winter. Does anyone know what it takes to swap this out? How long? Does anyone do what I'm suggesting or do you really need to stick with it year round?

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
I live in the NW as well and would like to put this on for the summer and go back to the freedom tops in the winter. Does anyone know what it takes to swap this out? How long? Does anyone do what I'm suggesting or do you really need to stick with it year round?
Easy swap out. Six bolts and it's off. Shouldn't take you more than 10-15 minutes. I just installed sunrider number 2 on the wife's new JL.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave
Iā€™m in Michigan and have it on year round. I put it on my ā€˜16 JKU in March of ā€˜20 and it hasnā€™t come off. We get plenty of snow and rain here.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Purchased one in April direct from Bestop because they were offering a 10% rebate just for April. The Sunrider top is awesome and fits like a factory option. Zero regrets on the purchase. Parked my Freedom Panels for the summer. Just received my rebate in the form of a prepaid visa card this week and I'm already shopping for my next accessory. Here is the link to Bestop past and current rebates:
https://www.bestop.com/rebates/?gcl...2QuEkuskIqR4ivo4BK6tBPy6nlBnWO7UaAr2_EALw_wcB

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is 82216370AA Diamond or Twill? Do we know?
100% high quality twill. I take it through the carwash with no leaks or issues. More noisy at highway speeds like a factory soft top, but drum tight and no flapping after 3 months of use. When it's open on the highway, I open the back windows a couple of inches to reduce "buffeting" inside the cab.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up ordering the Mopar/Jeep Sunrider from MoparPartsGiant.com. They were the least expensive I found on shipping price. Most places wanted $200-$300 just for shipping!

Total price out the door was $922 with MoparPartsGiant.com.

I had an order placed with Quadratec for the Bestop version for $850 + free shipping and $50 Quadratec gift card. However, I cancelled it because the estimated ship date was July 22nd, but when I checked today, it had been moved to August 9th and showing backordered by vendor. I'd rather pay a little more and get one by next week instead of indefinite backorder which I've seen happen before with Quadratec when I ordered a Corsa Exhaust.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
We put one on wife's JL and every time she gets in it she opens it , she never took the freedom panels off by herself. I have a soft top on my JT but if I had a hard top I would have it.

Steveg137

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
Does the Mopar fit 2020 Mojave - when I checked on the site it indicated "no".

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
Call your local dealership parts departments and find who has it locally for the best price, you'll probably still get a discount off the MSRP but no sky high shipping charges

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Is this the same top that Bestop has? The ONLY thing I dont like about the Sunrider is that it stops me from removing my hard top... Or, at least makes it more complicated. It would be awesome if there was a way to remove the remaining hard top and leave the Sunrider in place!

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Call your local dealership parts departments and find who has it locally for the best price, you'll probably still get a discount off the MSRP but no sky high shipping charges
Called every dealership in the Houston area. No one has one. Closest one is New Orleans.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can they order one in
Sure, but by then, the one I ordered from MoparPartsGiant.com will probably be in and even with almost $200 in shipping, is still cheaper than my local dealer ordering it.
Sponsored