Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Do NOT sell this or your current headache will be compounded by the new owner trying to come back to you for selling a defective vehicle.

Also it's a totals scumbag thing to do.
Doesn't have to be a personal sale. You can unloaded it on carmax, carvana or one of the many other online sites buying vehicles for absurd prices with the bonus of not having to deal with lawyers. It's not a quick process and I just spent over 3 months dealing with a buy back. If you still have guilt the next owner will most likely be covered under some warranty on the second sale.
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
@mbrown2, glad you're getting somewhere with this. My 2 cents is that I'd do the buy-back all day long. While Gladiators kick serious ass, yours sounds like it got the short end of the build stick. IMO, get your money back and move to something you can trust - especially if you're towing a lot.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Jeep Cares….. about maintaining fiscal discipline and returning value to shareholders.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Sorry you’re going through all this. Sounds like it’s time to look up your state’s lemon laws.
I lemon lawed the new Cherokee when it first came out due to the bad transmission that shut down the assembly line. Dealer didn't give me any problems with it. Didn't need a lawyer. Just mention yeah.. it's Lemon law time.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
During the fuel pump issue I had Jeep Cares provide 6yr 100mile warranty... Today they already said I could rent a truck on my own and they will cover it....I need a truck a wrangler won't suffice. I tow boats, launch boats and the wrangler is too small...I had a 2 door rubi JL before the glad.

We will see what they come back with ....
“…I could rent a truck on my own and they will cover it…” — I hope that was conveyed in writing and you reconfirmed it in writing a 2nd time? I can see them forgetting that at a later date. Not to make this harder for you but most dealerships have direct bill accounts with a rental car place like Enterprise. And Enterprise has given me full size trucks before as loaners. That should be the process to get you a rental so you don’t have that out of pocket expense. Just worried you’ll be emailing all the same execs when the dealer balks at reimbursing the rental.

Sorry for the saga you’ve been stuck with.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
So update...after the escalation with Stellantis the buy process was started....turned in all the paperwork on the 18th. Coincidence my jeep was repaired and turned back over to me on the 18th.
I drove it a couple of weeks hoping maybe they fixed it...well loaded up to go to the river Friday May 27th....made it about 40-50 miles before Electronic Throttle Control, Electronic Stability Control, and check engine lights/messages were displayed and back into limp mode... turned around brought back to the dealer/service and luckily they had a truck I could swap over to and make my way on to vacation... Guess buy back takes 4-5 weeks so hopefully by end of June we should be near completion.... Figured I gave the Gladiator another chance but definitely a lemon.

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
So update...after the escalation with Stellantis the buy process was started....turned in all the paperwork on the 18th. Coincidence my jeep was repaired and turned back over to me on the 18th.
I drove it a couple of weeks hoping maybe they fixed it...well loaded up to go to the river Friday May 27th....made it about 40-50 miles before Electronic Throttle Control, Electronic Stability Control, and check engine lights/messages were displayed and back into limp mode... turned around brought back to the dealer/service and luckily they had a truck I could swap over to and make my way on to vacation... Guess buy back takes 4-5 weeks so hopefully by end of June we should be near completion.... Figured I gave the Gladiator another chance but definitely a lemon.
How does a buyback work? Is the amount the purchase price or does it account for depreciation?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How does a buyback work? Is the amount the purchase price or does it account for depreciation?
Usually they hand it over to a third party that coordinates the buy back. They will take off for mileage.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is they and try and figure out some time in prior the first issue...which mine is Sept 13th less then 6 months after taking possession on 3/16. So likely there may be a deduction for that but they calculate down payment, sales tax. registration and license, payments made to date and remainder of loan if you have one....It varies by state...CA has specific things outlined around Lemon Law...

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some verbiage from CA...
14. Reasonable allowance In the case of either a refund or replacement, an arbitrator may make a deduction for the consumer’s use of the vehicle by using the following formula: # miles driven by the consumer prior to delivery to the manufacturer/dealer for repair purchase of the nonconformity that led to the repurchase X price 120,000

Sponsored

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Verbiage from CA...
12. Refund Refund of an owned vehicle consists of: (1) Purchase price. The actual price paid for the vehicle, including any charges for transportation and manufacturer-installed options, but not including charges for nonmanufacturer items installed by a dealer or the consumer; (2) Collateral charges. Official fees associated with the sale of the vehicle, including sales tax, license fees, and registration fees; and (3) Incidental damages. Reasonable expenses incident to the vehicle problem for which the manufacturer is repurchasing the vehicle, not including charges for which the consumer is justly responsible. Incidental damages include but are not limited to the following: • Reasonable repair, towing and rental car costs actually incurred by the consumer, and • Prepayment penalties, early termination charges and earned finance charges, if actually paid, incurred, or to be incurred by the consumer; (4) Less a reasonable offset for use and a reasonable offset for physical damage to the vehicle. Refund of a leased vehicle consists of: To the Lessor (1) The pay-off amount due pursuant to the lease agreement; (2) Minus the amount of any security deposit held by the lessor; (3) Minus the amount of any refund due to the lessor for the unexpired term of a service contract or insurance included in the lease agreement. To the Lessee (1) Collateral charges. Official fees paid by the lessee including sales tax, license fees, and registration fees; (2) Incidental damages. Reasonable expenses incident to the vehicle problem for which the manufacturer is repurchasing the vehicle, not including charges for which the consumer is justly responsible. Incidental damages include but are not limited to the following: • Reasonable repair, towing and rental car costs actually incurred by the consumer, and • Prepayment penalties, early termination charges and earned finance charges, if actually paid, incurred, or to be incurred by the consumer;; (3) Base monthly payments (total monthly payment minus collateral charges) made by the lessee to the lessor up to the time of repurchase; (4) The amount of any trade-in or deposit made by the lessee (capitalized cost reduction); and (5) The amount of any security deposit held by the lessor; (6) Less a reasonable offset for use and a reasonable offset for physical damage to the vehicle.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
192 Days and counting in shop since 3-16-21.... As of today dealer still did not have diagnosis for the most recent issue when the truck was dropped off for them back on 5/27......they think it may be a sensor... I am not that big of a fan of Orange Coast Chrysler Jeep and Dodge in Costa Mesa CA.... If it were not on my way home from work I would like be down longer...literally have to stop by there every couple of days to keep the focus and get updates... can't talk to a live body, no messages returned....

Buy back offer expected in the next week or so... we will see.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad News, Good News, Greater News.. So the Jeep is still in the shop... 237 days out of 507 days owning it...Diesel that was never right after the fuel pump... That's the bad news...

Good news is Jeep bought it back today.....

Greater news is they covered all upfront costs, and aftermarket.... Basically they wrote me a check for 90k...65K I spent and the 27K on after market...2K deduction for 5k miles I got without issue before the first issue...

Lemon law in CA does not cover aftermarket. It was this forum that helped with how to escalate at Stellantis... I talked to some high level folks and developed a great relationship with buy back.

I feel sorry for anybody with one of these 3L diesels...

This is a picture of my pride and joy which I was really bummed when I knew she was not going to get better...

Thanks for the help...On to find a 2500 Ram ...

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting Jeep1
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting Jeep2
Sponsored