Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator - happy owners? seeing scary stuff in the repair forums

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There is a tsb for the steering issue. Hopefully that becomes a non concern. By the time u by, it will be applied already from factory. The consensus for motor seems to be just reving it out here and there. Especially within the first 300-400 miles (break in). At 1000 I personally recommend oil dnf (drain n fill) with synthetic. No issues on my end anywhere, except the steering, but its not been big enough issue to take to dealer. Only drive weekends and put 2k since new in May. At 1k, I did oil dnf, 3.5" lift, and 37s. Been mudding a few times too.
Sponsored

Gladiator_PNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
14mos, 14k miles no major issues so far. Took a 5k mile roadtrip last month where the driver side inner fender well lining began scraping my tire. Pulled over and found it had separated from one of the support points. Zip tied and drove on, but will be speaking with the dealership.

Occasionally the keyless go button on the outer door handle brain farts and doesn't want to unlock/lock for a few tries, but no major mechanical repairs to report.

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
There is a tsb for the steering issue. Hopefully that becomes a non concern. By the time u by, it will be applied already from factory. The consensus for motor seems to be just reving it out here and there. Especially within the first 300-400 miles (break in). At 1000 I personally recommend oil dnf (drain n fill) with synthetic. No issues on my end anywhere, except the steering, but its not been big enough issue to take to dealer. Only drive weekends and put 2k since new in May. At 1k, I did oil dnf, 3.5" lift, and 37s. Been mudding a few times too.
What is a tsb??

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
I have had ESS needs service, 3 CEL lights, and P0300 engine misfire codes since purchase on May 15. I will be taking it in for 4th and final repair attempt shortly.

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
Bought my Gladiator in July. It's been in for service for the engine light and start/stop issue 3 times so far. First time for 2 days, 3 days the second time, and now for a week and a half. Just got a text from the dealer stating "engineering is having the tech replace several lash adjusters and some internal cylinder components. Parts on order but don't expect arrival for a few days." I'll post the results of the repairs.

On Friday I was notified by the dealer that engineering instructed the dealer to put a completely new engine in my truck. Dealer ordered the new engine the same day and they expect to have all work completed this coming Thursday. Certainly points to some number of defective engines. A recall may be coming. I'll post the results of performance of the truck with the new engine. Looks like a recall may be coming.......

Just got my truck back after 3 weeks. I was told that the engine light and start/stop issues are related to engine block casting flaws that affect oil flow through the engine. I'll continue to report engine performance and advise of any more issues.
What dealer are you working with?

Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have owned mine for two months 3500 miles no problems.

Old Tex

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Had mine for 9 months with 13,000 miles. No problems what so ever. Average 22 mpg. I am 80 years old and have had many vehicles over the years and this Gladiator is as good as it gets!!!!!

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
The nature of many people is not to talk about something they are happy with, unless they are asked about it. But if they are unhappy, they will make sure to tell anyone that will listen to them.

I've never been a fan of Chrysler products. This is the first one I have ever owned. I have had it a year, and put over 10k miles on it, and I am very happy with it.

I still have a drive shaft recall that needs addressed, but no issues with it, so far.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Mine went back to the dealer 12 hours after I picked it up with a grand total of 41 miles on it. Bad output shaft seal on the T case. Oil everywhere. Took a week to get the part and get it replaced.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Bought mine 9 months and 11000 miles ago, only issue I've had is a Small leak from the back window.
Sponsored