Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
6000 miles and only issue was a rear pinion seal that I believe was gear change related.
Sponsored

waynelt

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
I have over 15K on my Overland and no issues.

CCDANIELS

First Name
Camron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Bought my Gladiator in July. It's been in for service for the engine light and start/stop issue 3 times so far. First time for 2 days, 3 days the second time, and now for a week and a half. Just got a text from the dealer stating "engineering is having the tech replace several lash adjusters and some internal cylinder components. Parts on order but don't expect arrival for a few days." I'll post the results of the repairs.

On Friday I was notified by the dealer that engineering instructed the dealer to put a completely new engine in my truck. Dealer ordered the new engine the same day and they expect to have all work completed this coming Thursday. Certainly points to some number of defective engines. A recall may be coming. I'll post the results of performance of the truck with the new engine. Looks like a recall may be coming.......

Just got my truck back after 3 weeks. I was told that the engine light and start/stop issues are related to engine block casting flaws that affect oil flow through the engine. I'll continue to report engine performance and advise of any more issues.
I'm unfortunately going through the same issue right now, dealer has had my truck 3 times.

Gladiador

First Name
Edmundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales consultant
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
I wish you the best of luck. My issues started with 18 miles... still going on. Had it for just a little bit over 2K miles, been in the shop 4 times for 70+ days and counting...

Dan1227

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport
Hey there,

Had mine for a year now, daily driver and no problems, just a deer running into me at a red light but even then the bumper popped back in place

Sponsored

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
1400 miles on the gladiator and the only problem is the loosy goosy steering.
I have the same motor in my Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. The only problem I had with it is a bad fuel tank sensor.
As far as reviews, since we don't purchase Jeeps through Amazon there are no 1-5 stare reviews.
Many of the 5 stars on Amazon are the result of people receiving the item for free.

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
10 months, 6,000 miles, and no issues

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Weak control Arm brackets,
Did some wheeling and They look like I took it to the rubicon trail

MARYROD58

First Name
MARY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Avoid Gladiators with build dates from 10/19 to 3/20 and you should be OK. There was a batch of engines that were bored by a defective tool during that time.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Avoid Gladiators with build dates from 10/19 to 3/20 and you should be OK. There was a batch of engines that were bored by a defective tool during that time.
Thanks for the specifics!!
(Mine has a 6/20 build date.) I am guessing that being a later build, it does not have the steering issue either.

I have about 1500 miles on it, some off roading, some towing a small 7,000lb. trailer, etc.. The only thing that I have noticed is a lifter noise but I figured that is a FCA trademark.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
18k miles , no issues , but I did install the synergy track bar/sector shaft brace because I plan to go bigger tires

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
Purchased my Overland 6 weeks ago and right around 200 miles I started getting a random Check Air Bag Sensor (B0020-13) light. It would come on now and then and clear itself within a couple of minutes. But now that I have about 650 miles on the truck it comes up more frequent and stays on longer. I've checked every connection under the seat, doors and everywhere else I could and everything seems good. I have an appt. at the dealer tomorrow morning to look at it. Other than that....I love the truck so far.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I bought mine in July 2019 and have a little over 11k miles. It's a 6-speed Rubicon and other than the manual trans recall (which there was no damage and no parts had to be replaced, just the standard fix), I've had no major issues.
Within the first 1k miles, I had random faulty TPMS messages, but they fixed themselves before I could get it to the dealer. I have both tops and when I installed my soft top for the first time, It had a cracked header latch (so common that the dealer had them in stock). Recently I found a locator tab on one of my soft top C-post pieces broken off (doesn't affect the use of it, so I'm waiting for my next oil change to address that).
You'll read a lot if chatter about the ESS warning light (see photo). All this means is that the ESS is offline while the alternator charges the second battery. Whenever mine comes on, it charges it while i'm driving and the next time I start the Jeep, it's off. Depending on how often you use your auto stop/start dictates how often the battery needs to be charged. The steering, on mine anyway, is looser than my JKU was, but it was easy to get used to and takes a few miles of driving to acclimate yourself to it. Other than these minor annoyances, I'm very happy with mine and would not hesitate to buy again.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator - happy owners? seeing scary stuff in the repair forums Screenshot_20200801-113455_Facebook
Sponsored