Jeep Gladiator Locking Fuel Door

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Don't ask me how I know this (it's for legit reasons, I swear!) But I have been able to get a hose siphoning fuel on all the big 3 HD diesels (F250, RAM and Chevy/GM 2500s) at least as new as 2020 (21 on the F250). I would assume the gladiator isn't any different.
I'm just telling you what the guy I take my JT to at the dealership said. He's not just a guy who works there, he's their head guy who has probably forgotten more about jeeps than we will ever know.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I stuck my head under there looked like some sort of insulation (?) - silver in color. Any thoughts on what that might be?
Heat insulation.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Don't ask me how I know this (it's for legit reasons, I swear!) But I have been able to get a hose siphoning fuel on all the big 3 HD diesels (F250, RAM and Chevy/GM 2500s) at least as new as 2020 (21 on the F250). I would assume the gladiator isn't any different.
I am going to try. I have a full tank and will see what can be done..............sometimes things work a bit better with a short pieces of copper at the end with a slight angle cut on the end, and rounded a bit.
I know these are very different, but one thing I had to do, and learned a few tricks in the process, was drain full or nearly full fuel tanks of vehicles that were towed in to our shop after someone travelling across the area filled up their tank - and they got a load of dirt and water. I can't recall the number of tanks I had to drain, drop, clean, and put back in place. Sometimes I poked a hole in the tank and later put in a screw and soldered it in place (with customer permission, of course), other times it was siphoned out.
I'm curious about things and to satisfy my curiosity, I experiment and try things.

Sponsored

porsharman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
Today I came out of the Home Depot and found my gas door open. I think once they saw it was diesel they moved on, but I would still like a locking fuel door. Does anyone make one? Can't seem to find one, just bad locking caps.
1654792281962.png
Mopar doesn’t offer a locking fuel cap for the diesel. So I searched Amazon and came up with this:
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Locking Fuel Door C3A161EB-99CD-4732-91D8-5E164DE22AB5
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Locking Fuel Door 8879C4B6-62D8-4733-B441-FB5569D84A56

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Mopar doesn’t offer a locking fuel cap for the diesel. So I searched Amazon and came up with this:
Mopar 82215418

This is the locking cap part number for the diesel.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
instant karma..........

Hey, I think I have just come up with the making of a song!

Guys, if you are going to drill a tank, at least use a brushless drill........... and if you are going to punch a hole, use a brass punch and/or brass hammer.
Your memory is failing you my friend. That’s been done, quite some time ago. 1970 to be exact. And you knew I was going to do this, so enjoy.😉

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Your memory is failing you my friend. That’s been done, quite some time ago. 1970 to be exact. And you knew I was going to do this, so enjoy.😉
Yeah, I was counting on it. ;)

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Yeah, I was counting on it. ;)
For 17 years at work they called me DJ Mullet.😂 My taste go much further back and much deeper than than the mullet though.👍

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
For 17 years at work they called me DJ Mullet.😂 My taste go much further back and much deeper than than the mullet though.👍
It's interesting (to me, anyway! LOL) - the instant karma thing. Lennon believed that the results of your actions, the reactions to them were instant, immediate - not spread out later over the years.
It was sort of true - Alan White, the drummer in that piece, played for Lennon, and George Harrison on All Things Must Pass - and as a result, was invited to join Yes.
Everything is related, everything anyone does has some impact somewhere, realize it or not.
(White is one of the greats we lost recently)
Sponsored