JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Per Autoblog:

Jeep Gladiator sales reportedly averaged $56,403 in first full month
Cox Automotive bases this on 2,548 units

If this past May is any indication of future sales, the Gladiator truck is going to make Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) some decent coin. In its first full month on sale, the new Jeep pickup went home with more than 2,500 customers at an average transaction price of more than $56,000.

Cox Automotive, which works with automotive sales dealers and brands such as Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, released a small report on May sales, and it included some interesting nuggets about Jeep's newest player. Brought to our attention by The Drive, the Gladiator entered May with 437 units sold, as the vehicles had just started to trickle into dealerships. In May, Jeep added 2,548 sales.

It's too early to call the Wrangler with a bed a success or failure, but a second piece of information hints at a positive outlook: According to Cox, the average transaction price was $56,403. That's massive for a midsize pickup. The Gladiator offers four grades to choose from. With destination costs included, the Sport starts at $35,040, the Sport S starts at $38,240, the Overland starts at $41,890, and the Rubicon starts at $45,040.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
When I bought mine, the dealer I bought from had no idea what that program was about....Oh well, next time!
was that with Tread lightly discount? :CWL:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
When I bought mine, the dealer I bought from had no idea what that program was about....Oh well, next time!
it can happen. I asked a dealer about their 15% mopar accessory discount, he said what discount.

I sent him a snippet of the discount off his own site.....lol Mopar put it there.

abugarcias

First Name
Reuben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I think this will change over time. Most likely the only gladiators sold were fully loaded Rubicons because that's pretty much all that was available. Once Sports and Overlands start showing up on the lot and custom orders are delivered the average sale price will go down.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
it can happen. I asked a dealer about their 15% mopar accessory discount, he said what discount.

I sent him a snippet of the discount off his own site.....lol Mopar put it there.
I do not know what this 15% discount thing is... do you mean if I buy Mopar parts (lift? wheels?) at the time of purchase I get a 15% discount? or am I over guessing?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Most times though, you can find discounted Mopar parts cheaper online shopping around than applying a 15% coupon to a dealership that charges full retail pricing

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Per Autoblog:

Jeep Gladiator sales reportedly averaged $56,403 in first full month
Cox Automotive bases this on 2,548 units

If this past May is any indication of future sales, the Gladiator truck is going to make Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) some decent coin. In its first full month on sale, the new Jeep pickup went home with more than 2,500 customers at an average transaction price of more than $56,000.

Cox Automotive, which works with automotive sales dealers and brands such as Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, released a small report on May sales, and it included some interesting nuggets about Jeep's newest player. Brought to our attention by The Drive, the Gladiator entered May with 437 units sold, as the vehicles had just started to trickle into dealerships. In May, Jeep added 2,548 sales.

It's too early to call the Wrangler with a bed a success or failure, but a second piece of information hints at a positive outlook: According to Cox, the average transaction price was $56,403. That's massive for a midsize pickup. The Gladiator offers four grades to choose from. With destination costs included, the Sport starts at $35,040, the Sport S starts at $38,240, the Overland starts at $41,890, and the Rubicon starts at $45,040.
I guess the 4190 LE’s presold, don’t get counted til they’re delivered and paid for... maybe FCA didn’t want those numbers counted til the last quarter when they officially roll out the 2020 model year! Hmmm...

Razinhell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9, RAV4 and future JT
I think this will change over time. Most likely the only gladiators sold were fully loaded Rubicons because that's pretty much all that was available. Once Sports and Overlands start showing up on the lot and custom orders are delivered the average sale price will go down.
These articles are just click-bait fodder. I mean right off the bat we had 4190 launch edition units and we are only like a month into production at the highest price point possible. It's just another angle to make an article that has no real bearing on the smallest possible data set. I once worked for public relations for a county government and my boss had a book "How to Lie with Statistics" Very interesting read when you start making up your own averages based on your own perceptions.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah, duh, this is because the ONLY models they've built so far are $55k to $61k MSRP.

If they had every flavor easily attainable at dealerships nationwide, this "average transaction price" would take a massive dip.

JeepFoxhound

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
IMO that figure of total sales is not very impressive.
Sponsored