Sponsored

Jeep sales report shows 70 Gladiators sold in February

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I really want to run 37's on 4.10 gearing (max tow) with the new 8 speed, I hope its not ridiculous on the highway tho as far as gearing. Obviously the mpg will suffer, and it may feel sluggish off the line. Whats your experience with the jk?
watch the Lite brite youtube videos. They have been running the 4.10's on 38's with no issues, but you will need to upgrade your steering. They did say it is a very noticeable difference between their jeep and their friends' jeep who had 4.88 and 38's
Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had a JKUR on 37s with 4.10s but a 6 speed manual. I’ll say I got very decent gas mileage out of it. I was averaging between 550-600kms a tank. Driving didn’t suffer to much being mine was manual, just drop a gear if I needed the grunt. I plan to go bigger on my Gladiator, with a Manual again. So it should be fine honestly.

I really want to run 37's on 4.10 gearing (max tow) with the new 8 speed, I hope its not ridiculous on the highway tho as far as gearing. Obviously the mpg will suffer, and it may feel sluggish off the line. Whats your experience with the jk?

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I had a JKUR on 37s with 4.10s but a 6 speed manual. I’ll say I got very decent gas mileage out of it. I was averaging between 550-600kms a tank. Driving didn’t suffer to much being mine was manual, just drop a gear if I needed the grunt. I plan to go bigger on my Gladiator, with a Manual again. So it should be fine honestly.
Thanks for the reply, I've driven manual trans for the past 7 years in cars, I figured the extra gearing in the auto would make it decent on the highway tho, i know a few jls that have 37s reportedly getting 17 mpg highway.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
watch the Lite brite youtube videos. They have been running the 4.10's on 38's with no issues, but you will need to upgrade your steering. They did say it is a very noticeable difference between their jeep and their friends' jeep who had 4.88 and 38's
upgrade what on the steering? i'm very green on upgrading and building an offroading vehicle.

Sponsored

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Fine, not ideal, but I've driven all over the mid-west and through many trails with no issues. The only time it really struggles is in very windy places, like Wyoming or I-70 in Kansas for example. Personally, I would look into a regear, the only reason I'm not doing that is that I'm looking at a new vehicle.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
upgrade what on the steering? i'm very green on upgrading and building an offroading vehicle.
upgrade to the Steer Smarts to fix the death wobble that will follow shortly after the 37's +. AEV also uses Steer Smarts on their JL build.
https://steersmarts.com/

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have a 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1. This happened when the Mach 1 was released also. They started production November 1st of 2002, and they actually built around 60 cars and sold them to executives within the company. What's interesting is that today, there are a lot of guys who are requesting their build number from Ford, since these cars are starting to become a little bit collectible. Well, Ford officially doesn't recognize those first 60 cars that came off the assembly line, so the build sequence number they give to people isn't accurate. :facepalm:

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Im a car saleman and a future potential buyer of the gladiator. Here lies the problem with a higher price point on the new gladiator. It needs to be priced right. Anything associated with Chrysler has sub par components from materials used on switches to levers and just plain cheaper quality material. With all the moving parts of a Jeep after 1 year of ownership of real use ( lifestyle vehicle) these vehicles interior/exterior pieces just don't hold up well. That goes back to being tied with Chrysler. General motors and Chrysler push out the cheapest materials on there vehicle. There is a video of a guy talking about the pros and cons of the new wrangler. He talks about the items that already broke or already showing wear and tear after a few months of owning it. I have test drove and sat in everything. If they think charging 40k+ justifies the lifestyle but still has sub par trim and fragile plastic components there crazy. This electronic shifter is garbage that there implementing is horrible. I first saw one in a Chrysler 200 years back. Im hoping for the best but realistically assuming the same from anything put out by Jeep/Dodge or Chrysler.
I strongly disagree. This was true in the pre-Daimler era, but the very first thing Daimler did when they merged with Chrysler is upgrade the interiors. Jeeps have had top notch domestic materials for the last 15+ years.

My JL has over 12,000 miles on it and a year of use now in many different uses both fun and work, and the materials look brand new inside. The switches and handles and buttons are fantastic and high quality. The seat fabric still looks new. There hasn't been one single repair or replacement of a hard part on this Jeep under warranty.

My mother had a WK2 (2014 model I think) and last year she traded it in for a 2017 Lexus RX350. My father and I both agree that the Grand Cherokee was a nicer vehicle with a nicer interior too. I think my mother is even regretting the decision now.

I don't know where the poor reputation Jeep has came from, but apparently those people haven't owned a Chrysler product since 1991.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Perk of the job I guess. I wonder what the NDA has in it for those who bought them early. Probably reads something like the rules of Fight Club ha.

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I strongly disagree. This was true in the pre-Daimler era, but the very first thing Daimler did when they merged with Chrysler is upgrade the interiors. Jeeps have had top notch domestic materials for the last 15+ years.

My JL has over 12,000 miles on it and a year of use now in many different uses both fun and work, and the materials look brand new inside. The switches and handles and buttons are fantastic and high quality. The seat fabric still looks new. There hasn't been one single repair or replacement of a hard part on this Jeep under warranty.

My mother had a WK2 (2014 model I think) and last year she traded it in for a 2017 Lexus RX350. My father and I both agree that the Grand Cherokee was a nicer vehicle with a nicer interior too. I think my mother is even regretting the decision now.

I don't know where the poor reputation Jeep has came from, but apparently those people haven't owned a Chrysler product since 1991.
I agree my fiances JL switches and knobs are amazing. Uconnect is very fast and precise when you make selections. The stock speakers are outstanding, and the seats and sterring wheel are also very comfortable. The doors are solid and sound like they vaccume shut [solid]. For a truck that is supposed to be abused and can be hosed out, it is very comfortable. Thwy did a great job upgrading the wrangler with just enough but not so that it feels like an average small suv.
Sponsored