Sponsored

Jeep Merrell Rubicon Boots

shawnebell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, M109, M38, TJ, JK
  • They make a GTX version of the Moab, but the Jeep Rubicon Edition is not GoreTex.
While I can't really address any of the other issues, I can address this one: Jeeps leak, so - technically - not using GoreTex is a Merrell Easter Egg and hat tip to the guy who designed the rain gutter that stops exactly 1" too short at the windshield-end of the Freedom top.

The Jeep ain't waterproof and neither are the shoes!

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
While I can't really address any of the other issues, I can address this one: Jeeps leak, so - technically - not using GoreTex is a Merrell Easter Egg and hat tip to the guy who designed the rain gutter that stops exactly 1" too short at the windshield-end of the Freedom top.

The Jeep ain't waterproof and neither are the shoes!
Iā€™m liking your logic. But following along with it, I still think the boots should be Gore-Tex but the stitching on the seams of the inner Gore-Tex booty should be shoddy, so they leak anyway. That would be a perfect homage to Jeeps.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
These look like a beloved pair of the old early 2000's Chameleons I backpacked through Costa Rica in and hit many, many trails all over the US for a good 8-10 years. Replaced them with the updated Chameleons and they lasted 6-8 months. Swore off Merrell, they were just made in sweat shops. Went to Keen Made in the US Liberty's. They're phenomenal but the soles are toast. More or less lawn cutting/yard duty now.

Daily's I'm in now are LLBean Bigelows. They performed very well all over California, and especially hiking around in Joshua Tree. Haven't done much hiking since due to a bad knee and a surgery but I'll never own Merrell again.

But it does have a Jeep logo.

GWolgamott

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Person sitting in the office under the stairs, behind the bathrooms... dispensing unreliable advice based on questionable numbers
I just wanted some matching blue Jeep shoes. Lots of overthinkers in here, damn!

I don't think most people will care or even understand the Rubicon logo on them lol - and if they do care that much about what other people wear/purchase, that is a sad
mentality.
About right or rather the sh!^ show that any forum here turns into half the time.

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
IMG_7565.jpeg

I feel like I stepped on a Smurf.
Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll switch those laces out for black ones. Mine are out for delivery as we speak!

shawnebell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB, CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, M109, M38, TJ, JK
Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll switch those laces out for black ones. Mine are out for delivery as we speak!
They come laced with a more sedate maroon (dark red and black weave) lace, but these are included in the package and since they're already BRIGHT FREAKIN' BLUE I figured I'd use the red laces, too.

Y'know ... sort of like getting a light bar instead of lockers or a winch first.

At least I didn't name them. :LOL:

Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
They come laced with a more sedate maroon (dark red and black weave) lace, but these are included in the package and since they're already BRIGHT FREAKIN' BLUE I figured I'd use the red laces, too.

Y'know ... sort of like getting a light bar instead of lockers or a winch first.

At least I didn't name them. :LOL:
RONALD McDONALD glad I ordered the green ones
Great boots the only ones I buy anymore

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Picked up a Sport S version at Shoe Carnival today on sale for 40 bucks. Itasca is the brand lol. Went on a nice 4 mile hike in the woods with them. Didnā€™t get stuck. My first pair of actual hiking boots lol. If they had these Jeep boots in wide with Iā€™d probably buy a pair. I too am a sucker for Jeep stuff.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I already have good hiking boots but visualized wearing these to jeep events. I'm a sucker for jeep apparel. I figured this limited edition set is one of those buys I would regret not getting later if I didn't get them now.
I had a smiley stubble face wearing an American flag bandana T-shirt 20 years ago. Wore the shit out of that T-shirt. haven't been able to find another since. The bottom of it ended up with a bunch of holes in it from my belt buckle. Wouldn't have that issue now...been a while since my T's could make contact with a buckle...LOL

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Merrell Rubicon Boots 1699765784329
Sponsored

Last edited: