Jeep Research Study Participant

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Did you ask about the other colored hardtop choices? It wasn't on your list above.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Hey so how'd it go? We like ride alongs!

PStudholme

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator owner since Mary 31
I’m attending a research study here in Michigan tomorrow with Jeep. Based on screening questions, the focus seems to be about the Jeep Top and preferences. I have to bring the vehicle with me.

If anyone has comments or feedback regarding the top, please reply below and I will include it in a print out and take it with me. No phones or mobile devices allowed in the study facility. It should be interesting and I’m excited.
There is water running off the front from roof panel channel into vehicle when front door is opened.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Did you ask about the other colored hardtop choices? It wasn't on your list above.
I did, need to update the list. :)

I said we should have a choice of the color and be able to mix and match top and doors if we choose when ordering.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey so how'd it go? We like ride alongs!
I had three people with me from the company. At the beginning, I pulled out my list and said I have feedback from Gladiator owners. They were genuinely interested in what we had to say. So as we walked around and in my vehicle, I incorporated all the feedback and also what I liked. But it was focused on the roof. One more thing I asked for was parts, specifically the rear drive shaft, although this was not within scope, they recorded it. Seems odd to have an app say I need to do this right away ever time I open it, I had it looked at, but the dealership can't do anything since the part is not available.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is water running off the front from roof panel channel into vehicle when front door is opened.
I don't think that has happened to me, but will pay attention. Can you take a picture and share? I know it seems obvious. I also wish I had that for the session.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
I don't think that has happened to me, but will pay attention. Can you take a picture and share? I know it seems obvious. I also wish I had that for the session.
Yeah, first day we had the truck it was torrential downpour and this sucked. Both front door channel the gutter water straight inside. Definitely a design flaw. I believe the JK gutters came farther forward. But this does not happen.

Sponsored

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Yeah, first day we had the truck it was torrential downpour and this sucked. Both front door channel the gutter water straight inside. Definitely a design flaw. I believe the JK gutters came farther forward. But this does not happen.
I haven't noticed this happening with mine. Could be because I'm usually in a rush to get inside and out of the rain. I'll pay closer attention next time. Pretty sure I have heard this from JL owners as well, though.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Im mostly disappointed that you didn’t have the request for 1/2 Doors on your list...but otherwise, I’m jealous of the opportunity.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im mostly disappointed that you didn’t have the request for 1/2 Doors on your list...but otherwise, I’m jealous of the opportunity.
If it went beyond the roof, half door were on my mind also :).
Sponsored