"JEEP" tailgate badge mods?

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Scroll up about five posts....you'll see Boston Gladiator had his cut at Luxury Details, Southborough, MA.

His are pretty much perfect.
Agreed! I Still don’t have a JT yet (waiting for 2022 colors) but what he did is very close to what I have in mind-
Sponsored

Docharrison

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT
Occupation
RN
I am disappointed the tailgate Jeep badge is essentially a sticker (IMO it should have been embossed into the metal). Peeling it off should be simple enough but does anyone have creative ideas for a good looking mod? Just leave it plain? Live with the sticker?
When I was gonna do a dropdown tailgate on my JKU I wanted the tailgate embossed like the old days, I agree it would be nice on the Gladiator, I don't think it could be done aftermarket cuz of all the hardware in the tailgate

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Atticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Commercial construction manager
I agree, I'm generally not a fan of all the badging. If it fits in with the overall vehicle I don't mind it. IMO if they couldn't bother to stamp the metal~ just leave it blank. Or at a minimum perhaps the font could have been a bit bigger and centered better. I understand it is done the way it is to stay out of the way of the camera, but it makes the "Jeep" look 'high and tight'... Something retro would be awesome or perhaps a smaller "Gladiator" that could go in a lower corner. I would personally prefer something better quality than a sticker. I'm assuming that years from now the sticker looks bad and the paint under it no longer matches the rest of the truck. Currently I guess I will debadge and wait for all the creative people on this forum to come up with something awesome! Maybe we need @Bobs85Reny to whip some great options (retro included)! :please:

Sponsored

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Spaced mine a bit wider apart but love the look and get lots of compliments.

Jeep Gladiator "JEEP" tailgate badge mods? D9D3ECC6-5848-46E8-B264-43228082DD10
I'm usually an extreme badge minimalist and got one of the most subtly badged Gladiators one can buy. I have to say this is amazing with the retro letters spaced just so and the firecracker red. Take that little dealer badge off!

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Custom made by Luxury Details in Southborough, MA
Okay so I know it’s been awhile, but these are SPOT ON to the J6 concept which is exactly what I want to copy. How can I give them my money!

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
I'm usually an extreme badge minimalist and got one of the most subtly badged Gladiators one can buy. I have to say this is amazing with the retro letters spaced just so and the firecracker red. Take that little dealer badge off!
Thanks for the compliments! I left the little dealer badge on bc it’s an old school, chrome, 3d badge. Looks very old school in person. But I’m probably taking it off soon in favor of a small retro Gladiator badge I bought.
Sponsored