Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Cody,

After putting together/organizing countless wheeling trips and get togethers/meet & greets over the years, my advice is to pick a date and location and run with it.:rock:

Typically, a couple weeks in advance works well for a M&G, and a month works well for a wheeling trip.

Whoever shows - shows.

I was doing wrenching get togethers at my house several times a week, so I didn't usually do much planning for those.

There was a consistent group of ~10 - 15 who'd go wheeling, about 4-10 to work on Jeeps, and ~6-12 for get togethers.

Sometimes our get togethers were at homes, and sometimes we'd meet up at local sports bars and chow on wings etc.

Just tossing out ideas. :jk:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That’s awesome man! I love KI and just the eastern shore in general. Yea man maybe a crab feast this summer! @Jglad15 and my Self should be receiving our new gladiators in the next few weeks, we should try to put together a wheeling trip for next month. I have never been so nothing to crazy haha
I have only been once so far, but the group I hang with is very active. I took it out to AOAA stock, and had a blast. Now that I have the larger tires, I dont think it will perform without the lift, but that should be happening in the next couple months...but I would absolutely love to hit some BoH trails...Peter's Mill, Bear Wallow, and the two up at Rausch!

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
A few questions for the group:

Anyone have any solid recommendations on skilled shops for a JTR Mopar Lift Kit install within easy driving distance of SOMD? This will be on my 2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel. I purchased the kit online over the weekend and it arrived yesterday. Best price I found online was $1364 total/delivered from JustForJeeps. I’m not afraid to install it myself, but I will admit it’s beyond my skill level and I’d rather not risk anything.

What kinds of services/charges should I look out for with a shop (unnecessary work, etc)?

Is a front or rear (or both) track bar required for the Mopar 2” lift? If so, any recommendations on which one?

Should I upgrade my steering stabilizer?

What’s a reasonable price for a lift kit install (including new steering stabilizer and/or track bar(s))?

I don’t have new wheels picked out yet and haven’t made up my mind yet on whether I want to change those out, so how bad is it if I change wheels and tires out later? Would I have to modify/adjust if I went up to 35” tires, or is it plug&play like it would be now on my Rubicon?

Sorry in advance for all the questions. Thanks.

Gliebig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk'n
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Chesapeakejeep

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj
Cody,

After putting together/organizing countless wheeling trips and get togethers/meet & greets over the years, my advice is to pick a date and location and run with it.:rock:

Typically, a couple weeks in advance works well for a M&G, and a month works well for a wheeling trip.

Whoever shows - shows.

I was doing wrenching get togethers at my house several times a week, so I didn't usually do much planning for those.

There was a consistent group of ~10 - 15 who'd go wheeling, about 4-10 to work on Jeeps, and ~6-12 for get togethers.

Sometimes our get togethers were at homes, and sometimes we'd meet up at local sports bars and chow on wings etc.

Just tossing out ideas. :jk:
That sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully we can all get something like that going.

Chesapeakejeep

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj
I have only been once so far, but the group I hang with is very active. I took it out to AOAA stock, and had a blast. Now that I have the larger tires, I dont think it will perform without the lift, but that should be happening in the next couple months...but I would absolutely love to hit some BoH trails...Peter's Mill, Bear Wallow, and the two up at Rausch!
That sounds like fun man! I’m gonna be doing a lift in the upcoming months as well. Which lift are you going with?

Chesapeakejeep

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj
Well unfortunately I had to cancel my Jeep order on Friday. The dealer tried to go back on his word of giving me $4000 in discounts I qualified for. I walked. Told some friends about it turns out they know someone that is suing the same dealership. BUT i got super lucky, I had to pull over into a gas station parking lot just calm down from our interaction lol while sitting there I decided to see if there were any jeeps locally and I found the exact build I ordered. Same color and all the same options. The only difference was this one had the upgraded wheels and was a new 2021 not 2022. i called the dealer they honored all of my discounts and then some! I can’t recommend Tate Jeep in glenburnie enough. They made the process super easy and quick. I picked up this 21 rubicon ecodiesel this morning!

AB8210B9-708F-4C23-88B2-0D945B89FC83.jpeg

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well unfortunately I had to cancel my Jeep order on Friday. The dealer tried to go back on his word of giving me $4000 in discounts I qualified for. I walked. Told some friends about it turns out they know someone that is suing the same dealership. BUT i got super lucky, I had to pull over into a gas station parking lot just calm down from our interaction lol while sitting there I decided to see if there were any jeeps locally and I found the exact build I ordered. Same color and all the same options. The only difference was this one had the upgraded wheels and was a new 2021 not 2022. i called the dealer they honored all of my discounts and then some! I can’t recommend Tate Jeep in glenburnie enough. They made the process super easy and quick. I picked up this 21 rubicon ecodiesel this morning!

AB8210B9-708F-4C23-88B2-0D945B89FC83.jpeg
I can’t get over they wouldn honor it. A holes. At least you got what you wanted! Congrats!

Sponsored

CWB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FLHR, Dodge Challenger, high altitude gladiator.
Occupation
Lithography.

Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland AB8210B9-708F-4C23-88B2-0D945B89FC83
Congratulations, I almost bought my high altitude there.

Chesapeakejeep

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj
I can’t get over they wouldn honor it. A holes. At least you got what you wanted! Congrats!
Yea man. It’s absolutely crazy. Drag me almost two months along to do that sh#t. I get the joy of going back Monday and getting my deposit back. But I am very much in love with the truck! it makes me smile haha

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my 2010 JKU from Tate in Frederick; so I went back and bought the 2021 JT from them. Hope that means all the Tate dealers are good!

…and congrats!

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds like fun man! I’m gonna be doing a lift in the upcoming months as well. Which lift are you going with?
I...dont know yet. I think I am down to two, and that is the 3.5 Gamechanger from MetalCloak, or the 3.5 Premium from Clayton.
Sponsored