First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Just got quoted $925 to instal the Mopar lift prior to final delivery by the dealer where I'm purchasing the JT. Seems a little high for what's involved. I can take it to a local shop and prob get a better price. But I want it covered by the warranty. What's your take or experience?

Screenshot_20191023-120042_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/dealer-installed-mopar-lift-kit-pricing.18876/

My dealer quoted $2250 installed including alignment. I could alternatively find the lift for probably $1350 online and then pay around $500 locally for install then $69 for an alignment. So for about $350 extra I get a warranty from FCA and no hassles, can just pick up the new truck already lifted. All depends on your financial value for convenience, and perceived value of an FCA warranty.

I had a AEV lift Northridge-installed on my JK, and my dealer fixed an axle leak for me at around 40k miles under a 5/50 drivetrain warranty. Not a word said about it being lifted. YMMV.

augustwest

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Think I was quoted $1900 to install the lift. Then they gave me back to original suspension. Also put on 4 new 35's so now I'm stuck with the OEM suspension and tires. Not sure what to do with it. Think I could sell them? Nobody with a Gladiator is going to buy them, would they fit on a JK?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It takes a shade tree mechanic 2-4 hours to install a lift on a JL/JT.

It should take a seasoned professional mechanic with access to a lift and lots of tools 1-3 hours.

This is based on my own personal experience doing lots of Jeeps, SUVs, and pickups, not necessarily what the "book calls for".

At $100/hour labor rate, you can do the math. Anything over $400 and they're bending you over the service desk and they're not even using lube.

Sponsored

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah chatting with Northridge on the phone they suggested 4 - 5 hours for lift install. I'm sure even thats a little padded. Dealership said something like 7 hours but shoot will probably take those guys more like 2 as many as they bang out of the same kit on the same vehicle. So some bending going on, its a stealership.

There may be snow on the ground in my area when I finally get this vehicle so that reduces my willingness to do it on my driveway myself. Dealership pricing is right at my pain threshold at MSRP for the lift plus $750 install. If it were $925 I'd be balking and taking it elsewhere or manning up and doing it myself. A great excuse to buy really big sockets and torque wrench.

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The worst part of installing the kit yourself is torquing the control arm bolts and/or nuts. Little difficult laying on you back and torquing the fasteners to 180-200 ft.lbs with about a two foot range of motion!!!

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
From my dealership, $1250 for the lift kit and $450 for install. Kit is in stock. Probably going to have it done mid next week.

augustwest

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Think I was quoted $1900 to install the lift. Then they gave me back to original suspension. Also put on 4 new 35's so now I'm stuck with the OEM suspension and tires. Not sure what to do with it. Think I could sell them? Nobody with a Gladiator is going to buy them, would they fit on a JK?
Guess I should clarify. That was $1900 for the lift and install. Think in all for the lift, new rims, and new 35s it was $4K all in. Really didnt shop around at all so have no idea if that is good or not.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
From my dealership, $1250 for the lift kit and $450 for install. Kit is in stock. Probably going to have it done mid next week.
Reasonable price.

Sponsored

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
My dealer wanted 2900 for both lift and installed...Asked what was so expensive as the list by Mopar was 1495... He couldn't tell me why it was going to take too days to install..I know there shop rate is 125 and hour...took it to a shade tree...540 out the door with alignment.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer wanted 2900 for both lift and installed...Asked what was so expensive as the list by Mopar was 1495... He couldn't tell me why it was going to take too days to install..I know there shop rate is 125 and hour...took it to a shade tree...540 out the door with alignment.
good move going somewhere else. My dealer shop boss said, his guy takes about 3 hours to install and 30 minutes to check and adjust alignment. $450 for install and alignment. Sounded reasonable to me. The parts dept is selling me the lift for their cost plus $100, $1250.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer price isn’t great but I found some Mopar part and service coupons he said he’d honor that will get my out the door price for lift, install, and alignment down under $2k.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/service-maintenance/find-dealer.html

That might help someone. I’ll probably pay to add adjustable track bar to the deal also.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been debating the benefits of an adjustable track bar using the Mopar 2 inch lift kit. My shop manager says note necessary for alignment with the kit. What say the mob?

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed two kits already. One on a JK and recently one on my JT. I’m assuming you mean an adjustable control arm. The longer control arm takes care of the need to adjust the caster and I haven’t had any issues with the steering wheel being off center after install.
Sponsored