OP
OP
Maverik

Maverik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Thanks, I have contacted a couple more shops, awaiting responses. The $1350 price from the first shop does include alignment.
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
2.5" leveling kit cost me $400 to get installed with alignment.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Damn that’s a lot lol. I know you said you don’t want to do it yourself but I wouldn’t pay that. For reference:

AEV spacer lift: $500
Husky Floor Jack: $150 with coupon
USA made Jack Stands: $200
Torque Wrench: $60
Metric Wrenches: $50
Metric hex sockets: $20

$980 and I get to keep $480 of that in my garage for when I need to do tire rotations and re-torque. My time is worth a lot too but honestly outside of all the cursing, pain and cuts I rather enjoyed doing it myself. But I also got paid 3 hours of overtime on-call so I kinda got paid to do mine.

OP
OP
Maverik

Maverik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright, I have reached out to another local shop and for a full front and rear 2.5” rough country suspension lift I’m looking at $850 installed. Or a 2” spacer kit for $520. I think I’m going to go with the suspension lift from this shop. A better lift and $500+ cheaper than the original quote I got from the other location.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, I have reached out to another local shop and for a full front and rear 2.5” rough country suspension lift I’m looking at $850 installed. Or a 2” spacer kit for $520. I think I’m going to go with the suspension lift from this shop. A better lift and $500+ cheaper than the original quote I got from the other location.
That's sounds about right and lot a better than that other shop. They gonna do an alignment as well. If not ask them if they can add it in, you will need one after the lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverik

Maverik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's sounds about right and lot a better than that other shop. They gonna do an alignment as well. If not ask them if they can add it in, you will need one after the lift.
Yes, this price includes alignment.

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I normally will invite another jeeper over and help them install it with my tools for a 12 pack. If anyone is in the Indianapolis area the offer stands.

If you don’t get adjustable arms what are they charging you to align. A lift does not change toe…

FWIW it took me just over 5 hours to do front and rear spacer lift with nothing but hand tools. I avoid air tools unless I absolutely am crunched for time.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Is Brooklyn Auto doing it, or did you find another place?

Oshack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
That is crazy. It’s about 4 hours worth of labor give or take. Most shops should charge between $50 to $100 an hour plus maybe $50 for shop supplies plus lift cost. I would shop around or do it yourself in the drive. Cost will be about the same when you figure jack and tools but then you have them. Just get a buddy to help you. Mine all work for beer and food. If you choose to do it yourself just be sure to re torque you work after a couple days. I put that same lift on minus the shocks. Front sets a little high after install so not a true level. Took it off went with Metalcloak ride right 3.5 lift and level along with Falcon shocks and added 37’s ride is much better and sits perfectly level.
How did the rough country kit ride? stiffer? Obviously, you switched it out, but I'm wondering if this kit is worth it. Im currently in between this or putting on rubi take offs and a terflex 1.5 spacer.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
How did the rough country kit ride? stiffer? Obviously, you switched it out, but I'm wondering if this kit is worth it. Im currently in between this or putting on rubi take offs and a terflex 1.5 spacer.
The ride was fine for the rough country kit on my rubicon stock suspension. No real issue just wanted 37s and more flex.. so it had to go.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Most shops should charge between $50 to $100 an hour plus maybe $50 for shop supplies plus lift cost.
That's funny, seriously. I don't know of any professional shop under $100.
Alignments alone are $100.
Dealership shops are $150+
I'd not trust a shop that charged as low as $50/hour. Sounds like cousin Bubba's shop.

I was quoted $600 labor. Ended up doing all of the work myself, but that 600 is actually reasonable.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2 good ones with in 10 miles that are $75 an hour. Plus I have ASE master tech living in my house so that helps

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Plus I have ASE master tech living in my house so that helps
Enjoy that while you can.

Not sure how a shop can be that cheap and pay the help 40-50/hour.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy that while you can.

Not sure how a shop can be that cheap and pay the help 40-50/hour.
Trust me I do..

Most Techs around here make 30 to 40 even at the dealerships that charge $149

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Lord that’s a lot. I brought these parts myself to my local shop PLUS 3 other items to install…(1) a Daystar rear spacer kit, (2) an MC front LCA set, and (3) an MC front track bar.

Installation of those 3 items AND the RC front lift with an alignment was $760 in labor. This was at a reputable shop in my area (All Out Offroad…highly recommend)
Sponsored