Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not at all, the permit took like 5 min to get if that, easy as hell!! When you cross the bridge to get to assateague make the first right and just stay on that until you get to the “toll booths” where you would pay the park entrance fee. There is a ranger station right there where you get the permit. I think it was 100 or 110 for the permit and then I paid don’t quote me like an extra 45 for the annual park entrance fee. I believe I paid 155 total. I don’t remember the exact number but that’s ball park. The gear is simple. Only thing I didn have was a platform for my bottle jack. But I guess you’re only getting checked if they stop you. I imagine on busy days they check people more often for gear and paperwork and such. Only saw one ranger drive past us on the beach. How did you like peters mill?

0B8E6DCC-B8A6-4E96-A55B-98C49DBCF8C2.png

711C0884-1F8D-49ED-814F-001E083C7429.png

247DE764-8A7D-474C-AD13-7329C7DD3294.jpeg
Thanks for all of that...how do you like the bottle Jack? Would you have a recomendation?

I enjoyed Peters Mill...We went south to north, and had no difficulty at any point. It really is a fairly simple trail, but holy sht it's beautiful! The most difficult part was passing someone going north to south on the tighter parts of the trail. The drive down from the north entrance afterwards was really cool...it gets you off the mountain on a super tight, serpentine road. That is also where we did some of our hiking.

Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland 20220416_135253_0

Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland 20220416_135306

You'll need a 5 dollar pass from a local gas station, but those are all listed on the website.
Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for all of that...how do you like the bottle Jack? Would you have a recomendation?

I enjoyed Peters Mill...We went south to north, and had no difficulty at any point. It really is a fairly simple trail, but holy sht it's beautiful! The most difficult part was passing someone going north to south on the tighter parts of the trail. The drive down from the north entrance afterwards was really cool...it gets you off the mountain on a super tight, serpentine road. That is also where we did some of our hiking.

You'll need a 5 dollar pass from a local gas station, but those are all listed on the website.
Ehhh I haven’t really used it yet, I literally just went on Amazon and bought one to have for the requirements haha.

BIG RED T91003B Torin Hydraulic... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002E1AYHW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

But looks awesome though, fingers crossed I can try to take the family Memorial Day weekend!

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Ahhhh damn I’m on call 4th of July weekend for work. I wish I could go!!
I'd try to swing Memorial day if it weren't 3 hours away. I'm excited to see it though and love @AjMac 's pics. We plan to run south to north as well.

I'm in Lancaster though, souther tip of the county touches the border with you MD peeps. The wife and I used to take a lot of day trips to Baltimore, before the kids came and ruined everything. Jk, I love them.

Anyway I gotta check out Assateague and am up for Rausch and AOAA trips!

Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'd try to swing Memorial day if it weren't 3 hours away. I'm excited to see it though and love @AjMac 's pics. We plan to run south to north as well.

I'm in Lancaster though, souther tip of the county touches the border with you MD peeps. The wife and I used to take a lot of day trips to Baltimore, before the kids came and ruined everything. Jk, I love them.

Yeah I’m in harford county, not to far from you! When I was a kid use to go to the outlets up there and willow valley for Sunday brunch a lot. Also bout a 3 hour trip for me as well. I’m def down for rausch or aoaa. Been to rausch a few times when I had my tj but never been to aoaa. I would def be down for a rausch trip or aoaa over the summer some time.

Last edited:

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yeah I’m in harford county, not to far from you! When I was a kid use to go to the outlets up there and willow valley for Sunday brunch a lot. Also bout a 3 hour trip for me as well. I’m def down for rausch or aoaa. Been to rausch a few times when I had my tj but never been to aoaa. I would def be down for a rausch trip or aoaa over the summer some time.
I’m from Harford County! But live in Annapolis now. Just went to AOAA and it’s is really nice. Much more scenic than Rausch. There are some awesome overlooks and tons of trails. We did Some nice greens and blues. I highly recommend it. And they just opened “Mammoth”. Our guide took us on the green trail that circles it so you can watch the carnage. I don’t know if a buggy is even gonna be able to best that one.

45DCFBEF-682B-488A-BC4A-7031E0AFDAC1.jpeg

C3DD05F8-A3BD-4F35-A64E-EA9C5AE6F0E8.jpeg

EBEC73E3-F156-4823-A883-CBED259D0EAA.jpeg

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Any of you doing the Krawlin for Kops event this weekend?

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
No I can't make it. I'd love to but going away next week so lots to get done to prepare. Gonna be a busy summer too, but looking for a Rausch or AOAA run in the fall

Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
My wife and I want to go! Looks like on the website they are sold out of the green guided. But then there is another at the for green guided 3 left. Figured green would be good for a nice shakedown. You trying to go? I’m literally texting my wife now bout trying to go. I wish there was a contact page to make sure it’s still open. I’m assuming they opened more up?

Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland 9137F3CD-1C06-419B-B760-B51236B3ABF1

Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland A0BB3ECA-5E60-44CD-8176-7A79E38FB6D0

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
I wish there was a contact page to make sure it’s still open. I’m assuming they opened more up?
*Maybe* after you sign up you can verify by checking the "Track Orders" to see whether your request for entry was accepted.

Also, some runs have a "sold out" banner.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
*Maybe* after you sign up you can verify by checking the "Track Orders" to see whether your request for entry was accepted.

Also, some runs have a "sold out" banner.
Yeah I saw the one has a sold out, but why would they add just another small one when the other has a drop down list of like 10. I guess just to create it. Im prob thinking to far into it.

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Sometimes trail organizers & web admins do odd things - I'd just chalk it up to that. :)

Yep, a contact page would be nice.

I did trail organizations for a few decades in SoCal, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada & Utah - it's a PITA to say the least.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sometimes trail organizers & web admins do odd things - I'd just chalk it up to that. :)

Yep, a contact page would be nice.

I did trail organizations for a few decades in SoCal, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada & Utah - it's a PITA to say the least.
haha sounds good! I noticed on the one that’s available it says group 1. Then the one that is sold out has like 2 thru 7. You’re prob right just something screwy. So I think we are gonna go. However, I don’t have a full size 37 with a spare yet. And don’t think I’ll be able to get one by Saturday. I wonder how strict Rausch is if you don’t have one or if they’ll notice haha. My luck I would get a flat the one time I didn have it. All the other times knock on wood I have been to Rausch and did greens I never had an issue.
Sponsored