Sponsored

JeepSteel flush tail lights

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I have and I went back to stock.
These just don't work with the proportions. They look like cheap trailer lights from pep boys turned 90 degrees.

Jeep Gladiator JeepSteel flush tail lights 1652708707048

IMHO... Jeep has an iconic grill and recently similar proportion taillights. They look better fatter...
If I went flush....perhaps a CJ2A throw back and fill in the rest...honor the J300 too.

Jeep Gladiator JeepSteel flush tail lights 1652708564412

And yes....Oracle stuff looks cool, but after the heated headlight debacle....never again.

If someone ever knocked a taillight off on the trail. Think these would be a good replacement.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have and I went back to stock.
These just don't work with the proportions. They look like cheap trailer lights from pep boys turned 90 degrees.

IMHO... Jeep has an iconic grill and recently similar proportion taillights. They look better fatter...
If I went flush....perhaps a CJ2A throw back and fill in the rest...honor the J300 too.

And yes....Oracle stuff looks cool, but after the heated headlight debacle....never again.
Well.........if you had these on your JT. You would never have knocked a taillight off. LOL

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Perhaps....maybe if I stopped yielding even when I have the right of way...... :clap:
Seems like no good deed.....
Or perhaps the trail to hell is littered with polite wheelers?

Thankfully they are easy to replace.

You bring up a good discussion point.... How much to deviate from the stock aesthetic when modding? The Oracle ones look closer to original....but quality is lack luster....
Like I went with Mopar steel bumpers, and I will keep part matched fenders....
I found rims that match my paint....

Well.........if you had these on your JT. You would never have knocked a taillight off. LOL

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Perhaps....maybe if I stopped yielding even when I have the right of way...... :clap:
Seems like no good deed.....
Or perhaps the trail to hell is littered with polite wheelers?

Thankfully they are easy to replace.

You bring up a good discussion point.... How much to deviate from the stock aesthetic when modding? The Oracle ones look closer to original....but quality is lack luster....
Like I went with Mopar steel bumpers, and I will keep part matched fenders....
I found rims that match my paint....
I know what you mean about modding. The more you set up for trail use, the farther you get away from oem. It's how far you want to take it.

I like the look of the Oracle.......but the issues they have.......NO. If it was pure plug and play. It would be on my list.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
You are correct, so it's about finding that balance of form and function.
I had a bad run with Oracle....I like the look and the ideas they have, but I won't be buying their stuff.

I know what you mean about modding. The more you set up for trail use, the farther you get away from oem. It's how far you want to take it.

I like the look of the Oracle.......but the issues they have.......NO. If it was pure plug and play. It would be on my list.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I wish someone would make a taillight guard for them that's and actual guard and not a stick on bunch of junk
In my experience those 'guards' end becoming damage multipliers. A tail light is cheaper than replacing your bed or having a bodshop repair it.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hmmm, I'm not in the "hate them" crowd but they are definitely function over form from an aesthetic point. I too think the color-matched option could sway me to say yes.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience those 'guards' end becoming damage multipliers. A tail light is cheaper than replacing your bed or having a bodshop repair it.
I'm talking about a brush guard, I know it's not going to protect the light from being crushed if you back into something but those brush guards for your taillights will prevent your lens from getting cracked if a limb swings into it. Let's face it, if back into something your going to be replacing a taillight either way more than likely. Never had a set do more damage though.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
While I totally agree with @DocMike that these look like a trailer light, I gotta say, I love them. I actually really thought the Oracle ones were ugly. These, to me, are awesome.

I dont like the scotch lock connectors, if I bought these I would purchase OEM connectors and splice them in. I dont have blind spot sensors etc so Im not worried about that.

I have a pair of JK Tail Lights that I had daydreamed about fabbing a bracket for... I may look into buying a pair of these and seeing how they fit etc and depending on the measurements maybe see about cutting them and inserting different LED`s into them for less of a trailer light look.

Adding these to the shopping list for future reference.. If anyone takes the plunge please share pictures / your experience!

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
At first I was thinking powder coat would be the only way to go, but with a matte black vinyl tailgate wrap.... it could be interesting. Still need to integrate the sensors, though.

OP
OP
EddyArnold

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
I emailed them about colors and they are working on red, white, and silver... I really like the look, but probably hold out until I can see how granite looks
Sponsored