Sponsored

JL/JT Leveling Kit - Coil Lift / THOUGHTS?

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
What lift setup will? Nothing?
He was saying that the Mopar 2 inch lift will not keep the factory ride… Someone mentioned they’re going to do the Mopar 2 inch lift so they can maintain the stock ride but once you mess with the suspension it takes away from that
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Yaaa I was just asking which lift wouldn't mess with it to much? Just a small spacer lift?

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yaaa I was just asking which lift wouldn't mess with it to much? Just a small spacer lift?
He was referring to the Mopar 2 inch lift that I had on my JL… I was not impressed with it - it drive good in the beginning I had my JLR exactly a year before I got rid of it and got the JT

I will never do a suspension lift again because it takes away the smoother soft ride of the stock Suspension. I just added Rubicon 33 inch tires and wheels and everything is perfect

I’ve always had 2 inch coil spring lifts on my JL’s - I’m waiting for them to come out for the JT as of now they only have the front to level it out

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
What lift setup will? Nothing?
A spacer lift may be the only option to keep your ride as close to factory as possible. Again, as soon as you start adding bigger/stiffer tires and altering the geometry of your suspension, the ride quality will change. There is no getting around this. The question becomes how much ride quality are you willing to sacrifice in order to achieve the look you are going for? Ways to mitigate that change in ride quality include choosing a "C" load tire vs an "E" load tire and choosing a quality suspension vs a cheaper low budget suspension if you must change out your suspension. But still the factory ride quality will be altered. Some like it and some hate it. But don't let anyone fool you by telling you their lifted Jeep or lifted Gladiator rides better than the stock set up did.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Oooof y’all seriously make me doubt everything i think i know about jeeps :headbang:

If the MOPAR lift sucks that bad ill just stick to my spacers, ride is pretty much the same as stock. My 35’s have raped my mpg though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ive never had a problem with coil spacers - the moment u do touch suspension its iffy. although others may say its fine but i'm a picky mofu and want a nice smooth ride. its my preference to have coil spacer. and once they come out ill be doing that., along with wheel spacers seeing they are removing tire anyhow.

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A spacer lift may be the only option to keep your ride as close to factory as possible. Again, as soon as you start adding bigger/stiffer tires and altering the geometry of your suspension, the ride quality will change. There is no getting around this. The question becomes how much ride quality are you willing to sacrifice in order to achieve the look you are going for? Ways to mitigate that change in ride quality include choosing a "C" load tire vs an "E" load tire and choosing a quality suspension vs a cheaper low budget suspension if you must change out your suspension. But still the factory ride quality will be altered. Some like it and some hate it. But don't let anyone fool you by telling you their lifted Jeep or lifted Gladiator rides better than the stock set up did.
EGGGGGG'ZACLTY what TraumaPA said!!! i'm keeping my Ruby 33's and i'm very very happy with my ride quality! so smoooth and soft! no more big tires

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oooof y’all seriously make me doubt everything i think i know about jeeps :headbang:

If the MOPAR lift sucks that bad ill just stick to my spacers, ride is pretty much the same as stock. My 35’s have raped my mpg though.
yeah the moment u go bigger.... the mpg is history! i'm keeping my 33's and very happy to not go bigger for the first time in 10 yrs! i want quality now. soft smooth like cotton driving for me!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Looking into rubi tires now. Fml and my
Bank account

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

It's not that the Mopar lift sucks, it's that it alters the drive away from stock. I have it on my JL. I happen to like it. I installed it on my buddy's JL and he hated it so we took it off and went back to stock. @JTguy2020 also didn't care for his Mopar lift on his JL so IMO it's very subjective. Long story short, any lift (not just Mopar) will change the way your JT or JL drives. Again, it will not drive like factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's not that the Mopar lift sucks, it's that it alters the drive away from stock. I have it on my JL. I happen to like it. I installed it on my buddy's JL and he hated it so we took it off and went back to stock. @JTguy2020 also didn't care for his Mopar lift on his JL so IMO it's very subjective. Long story short, any lift (not just Mopar) will change the way your JT or JL drives. Again, it will not drive like factory.
that's what i was trying to convey! ANY LIFT will change the way any Jeep drives. it was IMO i didn't like it. it was nice in begining but at the end. it was horrible.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Wellll dammit....ok what's the good quality spacer setup? Daystar?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Wellll dammit....ok what's the good quality spacer setup? Daystar?
Im content with my 1.5 alloy usa front and 3/4 daystar rears. Now that ive dialed in my tire pressure it feels basically the same as factory.