Sponsored

JL/JT Leveling Kit - Coil Lift / THOUGHTS?

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
Here are my before and after pics.

I hope others folks have the same positive experience as I have.

66C4D88E-F80D-4D3E-B979-8AD8483A5D16.jpeg

3015F04E-9183-453A-A30E-E00EB0D1D4AE.jpeg
Beautiful!!!!

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Wellll dammit....ok what's the good quality spacer setup? Daystar?
Have been happy with the Daystar spacer lift. Ride feels the same as stock (to me) and get to keep the factory shocks and springs.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
That was the daystar 2" in the front and which spacer in the rear? And the ride didn't change much? I wonder if it'll be the same on max tow sport

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was the daystar 2" in the front and which spacer in the rear? And the ride didn't change much? I wonder if it'll be the same on max tow sport
The original kit came with a .75" spacer for the rear. However, a few days ago Daystar sent a 1.5" spacer for the rear. The new spacer is installed and makes the Gladiator sit correctly. To me the .75" spacer in the rear wasn't enough.

spacer-1.jpg
stacked.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wormzilla4u

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Construction Manager
Vehicle Showcase

That Daystar kit is an even lift, not leveling..RC kit is a lil’ too much, looks nose high. Which is why I have one still in the box at home that I bought a few weeks before my Gladiator arrived. By then I saw pictures of other people’s Gladiators who installed the kit and was like..nope.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
That Daystar kit is an even lift, not leveling..RC kit is a lil’ too much, looks nose high. Which is why I have one still in the box at home that I bought a few weeks before my Gladiator arrived. By then I saw pictures of other people’s Gladiators who installed the kit and was like..nope.

Ya returned my RC leveling kit. My Rubicon sits damn near level from the factory.

Last edited:

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The original kit came with a .75" spacer for the rear. However, a few days ago Daystar send a 1.75" spacer for the rear. The new spacer is installed and makes the Gladiator sit correctly. To me the .75" spacer in the rear wasn't enough.

spacer-1.jpg
stacked.jpg
So now the setup is 2" daystar in the front and daystar 1.75 in the rear?

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So now the setup is 2" daystar in the front and daystar 1.75 in the rear?
The rear spacer is actually 1.5", measured to verify. (edited original post correcting the size)

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess my question is what would be the benefit of going a full 2.5 lift over a spacer lift like this? That's what has me confused since I'm learning all about this....does the spacer lift keep the stock ride? Iv heard conflicting info....I'd love to go the cheaper route and keep me stock suspension if it'll work the same as stock...then I went to jeep fest yesterday and talked with skyjacker and teraflex and which brand to go with is also confusing ...are the spacer lifts all essentially the same? Thanks again!

Sponsored

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess my question is what would be the benefit of going a full 2.5 lift over a spacer lift like this? That's what has me confused since I'm learning all about this....does the spacer lift keep the stock ride? Iv heard conflicting info....I'd love to go the cheaper route and keep me stock suspension if it'll work the same as stock...then I went to jeep fest yesterday and talked with skyjacker and teraflex and which brand to go with is also confusing ...are the spacer lifts all essentially the same? Thanks again!
Not all spacer lifts are the same, material used can vary and make a difference in how it effects the ride. The same goes with the spring lifts, each manufacturer may use different material and build can vary. With so many options and opinions making a decision is difficult for sure. Going with a tier 1 is often the best option, the old "buy once, cry once" statement comes to mind or "you get what you pay for". Going with a spring lift is probably the best option over spacers but if just going for the lifted look can't beat the price of the spacer lift.

drdoolittle9

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
2.5" rough country level on 33s and 17" wheels. I never actually measured it, but it looks as if it has a bit of that Cali lean if I park on level surface, but I love that look. Might not actually be nose up though. The hood is just higher than the back, as are the fenders. Might all be an illusion. This is my daily driver so I wanted no part of going any bigger than 33s.

2059268958.png

image000000_01.jpg

Ike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hydoblue Glad
Just had a rough country 2.5 leveling kit installed on my gladiator rubicon today and it looks great it sets level and I am 35 inch tires on factory wheels I am very pleased with the look and the ride is great also would post pictures but at this time don’t know how to do
This is my plan with my JT Rubicon already running 315 70 17s on mine.Just want that extra hight.Bet it looks good!

Ike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hydoblue Glad
Just had a rough country 2.5 leveling kit installed on my gladiator rubicon today and it looks great it sets level and I am 35 inch tires on factory wheels I am very pleased with the look and the ride is great also would post pictures but at this time don’t know how to do
did you keep your stock fox shocks?

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro JTR named "Kassandra", 2020 HellaYella JLUR named "Stuart", 2019 Brilliant white JLUR named "Dru", 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named "Lucy", 00 Silver TJ named "Gru"
Occupation
Jeep Rentals
2.5" rough country level on 33s and 17" wheels. I never actually measured it, but it looks as if it has a bit of that Cali lean if I park on level surface, but I love that look. Might not actually be nose up though. The hood is just higher than the back, as are the fenders. Might all be an illusion. This is my daily driver so I wanted no part of going any bigger than 33s.
I think the only reliable place to measure is the bottom of the pinch seems. From the factory, the wheel arches are not the same height relative to the truck, so you can't measure from them. I've highlighted it in your picture.

2059268958.png
Sponsored