Sponsored

Joined the Gladiator cracked window club

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
I got a chip last week that is now a crack, I want to do the gorrilla glass but so far have not been able to get either of the dealers in Tampa to even pick up the phone. My concern is I’m going to have to buy the windshield and then find an installer, florida Is no deductible on windshields (state law) but my max reimbursement is 600 bucks. So I’ll have to pay the difference. that includes ACC recalibration so, im not Sure how much out of pocket I’m going to end up since I can’t get a price on the actual glass yet someone got a recent price Clv22p?
Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I got a chip last week that is now a crack, I want to do the gorrilla glass but so far have not been able to get either of the dealers in Tampa to even pick up the phone. My concern is I’m going to have to buy the windshield and then find an installer, florida Is no deductible on windshields (state law) but my max reimbursement is 600 bucks. So I’ll have to pay the difference. that includes ACC recalibration so, im not Sure how much out of pocket I’m going to end up since I can’t get a price on the actual glass yet someone got a recent price Clv22p?
I live in Florida, and to my knowledge there is glass deductible. Progressive does anyway. If you know the law, please provide the statute so I can beat up on Progressive.

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
It’s only the windshield, USAA is very specific not the frame or any other glass. But my Dad’s friend growing Up owns a glass shop in downtown Orlando and I remember him telling me about it when I was in high school.

“In the state of Florida, windshield cracks and chips are repaired free of charge. According to Florida statute 627.7288, if you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle your insurance company will pick up the tab for any repair or replacement that you may need. The law states that your deductible will be waived. In most cases, your insurance company will send someone to your home or office to replace or repair your windshield.”

We are in trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Chip in mine second day out and was behind a car no dump truck around. Replaced glass in JKU and within a month had cracks again. Learned to live with the cracks, saw no reason to replace.
Yep. I've too learned not to replace it until I absolutely have to.

LittleFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator and a lot of other toys...
Occupation
Realtor
I had a lovely star less that 1 week into ownership. Immediately had it filled and no problems so far. Granted, I've only had it a month...

When I was a teen, my buddy got a new Sahara YJ. We used to watch the rocks from that Jeep come back and hit the windshield. Rocks would get stuck in the tire tread and with the tire rotation, they would be flung forward and come rocketing through the space between the top of the bumper and the underside of the front fender. You could see the rock launch forward, catch the updraft of air, lift up over the hood and smack straight into the windshield.

My '81 CJ5 did exactly the same thing...

With Jeeps, it's more often than not, a rock that came from your own vehicle that cracked your windshield. Back in the 80's/90's I distinctly recall the phrase. "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand". Now that I again own a Jeep, it's clear that this phrase is still in use! haha

Sponsored

Gl4dy8r

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
On the way home from the dealership a Corvette crossed 3 lanes and bam! Awesome starburst in the center of the windshield. It had 41 miles on it. 2 months and 7k miles later, I still haven't replaced it, cuz It's just gonna happen again!

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
I have searched and search. One i saw some one post a link to a insurance company that offers standalone full glass coverage. My insurance in CO has a deductible so want to explor getting a 2nd insurance just for the windshield. Thx!
GEICO offers "mechanical breakdown" which if you have it for your vehicle, your chips are free and a new windshield is $50. I used that at least 2x per year.

I'm in CO too... the home of gravel for when it snows. I moved over to State Farm with a $0 deductible. I told the agent I am paying into that because I will need it for glass break.

After my 3rd windshield, I got a love letter from them putting my on notice that if I make another claim, they can kick me off. Bastages. WTF did they think was going to happen in CO with all that gravel??

So I now have to wait until 2022 until the claims fall off and I can make another glass claim. I have 2 vehicles with massive cracks. So I wait....

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
GEICO offers "mechanical breakdown" which if you have it for your vehicle, your chips are free and a new windshield is $50. I used that at least 2x per year.

I'm in CO too... the home of gravel for when it snows. I moved over to State Farm with a $0 deductible. I told the agent I am paying into that because I will need it for glass break.

After my 3rd windshield, I got a love letter from them putting my on notice that if I make another claim, they can kick me off. Bastages. WTF did they think was going to happen in CO with all that gravel??

So I now have to wait until 2022 until the claims fall off and I can make another glass claim. I have 2 vehicles with massive cracks. So I wait....
thx, I’m with Geico and just took the mechanical coverage off thinking why do I need it if the Jeep has a warranty. Will review.
But actually, this week I’m going to get quotes.
We were fully expecting that moving from Miami FL to Denver our car insurance was going to drop significantly since FL, Miami in particular, is super high in the cost of insurance list due to % of uninsured driver and the general high level of insurance fraud by Latin Americans (I’m Latin American btw), plus hurricanes. But nope, car Insirance increased by $500 per 6 months... wtf? So now going to shop around.
To give you an example, the Jewlery insurance we had dropped to 50%. Our homeowner is also a lot less expensive and that’s with a larger and more expensive house in Denver.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur

Checked our policy, this is what it shows

--
What is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI)?

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers many mechanical repairs to your car, protecting you from expensive repair bills. This coverage is only available for vehicles with less than 15,000 miles that have been purchased within the last 15 months. A $250 deductible per claim applies. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is similar to a dealer's extended warranty protection. It's in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers repairs to the following systems:

Engine​
Steering​
Air Conditioning​
Transmission​
Cooling​
Brakes​
Drive Axle​
Suspension​
Electrical​

EXCLUSIONS: MBI does not include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and lining, brake shoes and tires (includes tire wear and/or tire damage). Breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, rust and oxidation, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown coverage is in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.
---

Nothing about glass

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
Checked our policy, this is what it shows

--
What is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI)?

Nothing about glass
I just checked... they stopped glass replacement in MBI in 2018 unless you were grandfathered. Looks like they moved it to comprehensive.

Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I joined the club on my way home from work this morning! Damn it!
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club 20210529_064426

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My wife just bought a Wrangler and they offered her an insurance package that included the windshield. I usually pass hard on any add ons to the sale, and I dont add them to the financing, I did the math and it was 800 dollars over five years. I offered them 1000 cash. I explicitly asked them about the windshield and we called the company and they said it is covered with factory glass replacement 5 years 60k. So I took it. So the wifes car will probably never get gorrilla glass but she can replace it whenever for the price I paid for mine.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I count myself lucky. One month in two decent rock strikes. No crack, no chips.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Gorilla glass has now outlasted my previous two windshields combined. Had a few hits no cracks.
Sponsored