Joined the Gladiator cracked window club

JoeyD

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
So I have a 2021 Sport S, Gorilla Glass, two chips and today finally a crack. I've had it for 3 months. I've had three phones with Gorilla Glass which have also cracked, it's the only two screen I've ever broken (or that I can remember at least).
Really disappointed in this.
First two were from just driving down the freeway, small rocks came at me sideways, one created a star the other you can't really see but you can feel if you know where.

Today driving on a 55mph highway car going the other way kicks up a rock and immediately cracks the windshield (no where near the other chips), it was longer than a dollar bill when looked at it and now by the time I got home it has spread another few inches.

I read the gorilla glass warranty and they make it seem amazing, but after carefully looking at it it's rather vague and the dealership told me that I need to talk to my insurance, which is different from what the Gorilla Glass paper says. IDk maybe I'm missing something.

Seriously disappointed. Sorry I know I'm venting but between the windshield and a couple other absolutly dumb things on this truck I'm having a little bit of a buyers remorse I guess.

Cromation

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner, 2011 F-150
Occupation
Cyber
Had my truck for a full week and had one silver dollar sized chip that splintered from the passenger side almost complete to the driver side and another smaller chip on the passenger side that went vertical. Is this a new record? Do I win anything? Also already put 1500 miles on it and learned I had to slow down compared to my f150 or I just chug through gas fighting against the wind and up and down hills near colorado/wyoming border.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I read the gorilla glass warranty and they make it seem amazing, but after carefully looking at it it's rather vague and the dealership told me that I need to talk to my insurance, which is different from what the Gorilla Glass paper says. IDk maybe I'm missing something.

Seriously disappointed. Sorry I know I'm venting but between the windshield and a couple other absolutly dumb things on this truck I'm having a little bit of a buyers remorse I guess.
Should have opted for the HPG glass. I have taken at least 6 rock hits at highway speed thus far and have yet to get as much as a chip. How long these windshields live really depends on how much time one spends on the highway.
Had my truck for a full week and had one silver dollar sized chip that splintered from the passenger side almost complete to the driver side and another smaller chip on the passenger side that went vertical. Is this a new record? Do I win anything? Also already put 1500 miles on it and learned I had to slow down compared to my f150 or I just chug through gas fighting against the wind and up and down hills near colorado/wyoming border.
I know the feeling. My truck had 100 miles on it when it lost the first windshield. which is why I now have an HGP windshield. Rocks bounce off, but it don't break.

JTMJT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon -
Occupation
Emergency Management
Talked to a dealer for exo Shield. And something called clear.plex Both are supposed to protect the window the dealer said that exo shield was not as clear as clear plex and that neither was optically perfect. But clear plex Was clearer. And had “less issues visual ly” whatever that means Any one know more?
Just wanted to say, beautiful pup.

Zeus in JK Smaller.jpg

Sponsored

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Joined the Club @just over 10k miles.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
I’m in now too.
I had about 20k on OEM windshield and just replaced it.
It suffered the following:
Small chip upper left driver side just this summer and had it repaired same day. Cost to Progressive insurance co. $60.
They raised my premium $50/month after that. I immediately dumped ‘em and went with new co.
Then got a 2nd chip about 2 weeks later which grew into a crack within days on passenger side.
A few weeks after that, BANG!, ANOTHER chip in upper left driver side.
Several weeks went by and Jeep was parked in hot sun while out on boat. Came back and that newest chip grew into a crack on driver side and in line of sight.
OK, time to replace, I thought.
Safelite came out to house and replaced it with OEM glass on a Wednesday.
The following Monday, 5 days later, I was on the road to Safelite to have recalibration done because forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control wasn’t quite right and BAM!
I GOT A FREAKING 6 INCH CRACK IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER DRIVER SIDE ON NEW WINDSHIELD!
ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
The stone that hit it sounded ever SO SMALL! WTF?
Safelite is coming back out 9 days after first time to put in HPG this time.
This is ridiculous.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in now too.
I had about 20k on OEM windshield and just replaced it.
It suffered the following:
Small chip upper left driver side just this summer and had it repaired same day. Cost to Progressive insurance co. $60.
They raised my premium $50/month after that. I immediately dumped ‘em and went with new co.
Then got a 2nd chip about 2 weeks later which grew into a crack within days on passenger side.
A few weeks after that, BANG!, ANOTHER chip in upper left driver side.
Several weeks went by and Jeep was parked in hot sun while out on boat. Came back and that newest chip grew into a crack on driver side and in line of sight.
OK, time to replace, I thought.
Safelite came out to house and replaced it with OEM glass on a Wednesday.
The following Monday, 5 days later, I was on the road to Safelite to have recalibration done because forward collision warning and adaptive cruise control wasn’t quite right and BAM!
I GOT A FREAKING 6 INCH CRACK IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER DRIVER SIDE ON NEW WINDSHIELD!
ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
The stone that hit it sounded ever SO SMALL! WTF?
Safelite is coming back out 9 days after first time to put in HPG this time.
This is ridiculous.
Don't need them to recalibrate......put it in recalibrate mode and drive it and it self-learns. Not sure if WE can do that or there's something needed like alfaobd or jscan. Nothing special a glass shop does. It's been covered here a few months ago.

(Sent using Jerusalem old city free wifi)

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Yeah, that’s what I thought too.
The tech plugged his gizmo in and first thing he did was measure height from ground to bottom of wheel opening on fender and entered it into his programmer. It all went out of whack after that.
I have a 3” lift so I’m pretty sure that’s what the issue is. Like they say………
”If it ain’t broke, DON’T FIX IT!”
I wanted him to test before he did anything but he wouldn’t do it.
I think he just wanted to drive a badass Jeep. LOL

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I got a chip on the passenger side I need to get fixed. The other day my wife took a big rock to the top of the windshield frame, missed the window by about an inch. Left a ~3/16" dent and chipped paint.

So to fix it, I'll find some touch up paint and get a lightbar up there. :D

Related to cracked windshields, why do asshats pace dump trucks instead of passing them on 2-lane roads? Everyone behind gets pelted by loose rocks and debris. And that's how my Audi windshield got hammered two weeks ago. Pissed me off. No reason for a car to drive 45mph on a 55mph highway.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
This is my second GG windshield in 3900 miles
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club 3D00F365-9B67-4CDC-A855-352481C362F9

mrworldwide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Made It 2,900 miles with our Gorilla Glass before we got a crack. Replacing with a standard windshield this time around. May look into HPG down the road.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Made It 2,900 miles with our Gorilla Glass before we got a crack. Replacing with a standard windshield this time around. May look into HPG down the road.
This is my second GG windshield in 3900 miles
Wow, you guys are making me so happy the Mopar GG wasn't available when I bought my HGP.

I may be lucky, but my HGP has held up well. I caught a huge rock last month. I can see a small pit in the window, but no cracks.

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
Add me too. Gonna rock it for as long as I can! HAHA, I crack my self up!

Resized_20211130_130836(2).jpeg
Sponsored