Joined the Gladiator cracked window club

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Dang another busted windshield. It sounded like a little pebble or something hit me on the highway I could barely hear it the impact was so quiet and then 15 seconds later craaaaccckk as the rip went from the bottom to the middle of the windshield in a flash.
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Had my HPG windshield installed since Jan 6th. It has been fantastic.

Until this morning.

Driving to work at 5am this morning something caught my eye. One big, long crack on the INSIDE of the windshield. So this was not caused by a rock, the outside is still perfect. I have already filled out the online warranty claim form.

Lets see what happens. Tried to see if there was a rep on here but couldn't find one.
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club Windshield 1
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club Windshield 2

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Had my HPG windshield installed since Jan 6th. It has been fantastic.

Until this morning.

Driving to work at 5am this morning something caught my eye. One big, long crack on the INSIDE of the windshield. So this was not caused by a rock, the outside is still perfect. I have already filled out the online warranty claim form.

Lets see what happens. Tried to see if there was a rep on here but couldn't find one.
Ugh! That is a weird crack. You think it was due to temperature? Makes me a bit nervous, but at this point I am money ahead as I have gone twice as long as the first and second windshields.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Ugh! That is a weird crack. You think it was due to temperature? Makes me a bit nervous, but at this point I am money ahead as I have gone twice as long as the first and second windshields.
Most likely, as with all jeeps the edge of the windshield keeps the ice on it.

I am honestly surprised, and disappointed. I am expecting HPG to replace it. But damn its a bitch to get the KC pro lightbar off to get it replaced. Again.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang another busted windshield. It sounded like a little pebble or something hit me on the highway I could barely hear it the impact was so quiet and then 15 seconds later craaaaccckk as the rip went from the bottom to the middle of the windshield in a flash.
Wow so after the ice storm we had and I took off my rain gear top. I noticed that there was some strange stuff on the windshield. I don't know how it could have happened but the friggin windshield is scratched from the top. The top even has a lining to protect it. That has got to be some cheap ass glass they are using

Sponsored

LSCaballero

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I joined the Cracked Window Club over the weekend, 6 months into owning my Gladiator. This is my first Jeep and also my first cracked windshield. I have had bigger pebbles hit my other vehicles much harder than that without cracking.
I plan on road tripping this and don't want to have to deal with this. I need to figure out the best option so I don't feel like there is an eggshell in front of me. Anyone know how the Gorilla Glass windshields are?

Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club Cracked Windshield

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I joined the Cracked Window Club over the weekend, 6 months into owning my Gladiator. This is my first Jeep and also my first cracked windshield. I have had bigger pebbles hit my other vehicles much harder than that without cracking.
I plan on road tripping this and don't want to have to deal with this. I need to figure out the best option so I don't feel like there is an eggshell in front of me. Anyone know how the Gorilla Glass windshields are?
my gorilla glass gets installed on the 7th. I’ll report back.

Last edited:

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design

Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club Cracked Windshield
I have the HGP windshield. I have had several pings occur at highway speeds since I installed the windshield with no damage.

https://hyperformanceglassproducts.com/

My original windshield had the first chip at 100 miles and a running crack from a smaller rock at 1100 miles. If I Jeep had their Gorilla Glass available, my insurance was willing to pay for it, but since this is aftermarket, I payed.

MNY_PIT

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm now a member of the club. I Noticed a chip on thursday last week. Washing it yesterday found the chip has already started to run wild. Not even two pymts in and I've got about an 8" crack on the passenger side. Ridiculous.....

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
JT has 6500 miles, on windshield 3. With ACC, its not cheap...maybe I should have got the insurance?

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
Just replaced the first windshield on the Gladiator.

RLJT.jpg

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its insane how cheap the glass is and how easily it breaks and even scratches. The scratches is something I have never had to deal with before on a vehicle

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Interestingly enough. Walked by a brandnew Land Rover. Defender with a big windshield. Crack. Lol 😆

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Gorilla glass is in! Results are...it looks like a windshield! :LOL:
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club 2BA0616E-61F7-4558-8A8B-DE7FCB5F75C8
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club BB92326F-B1F8-4685-9C13-600F98E0A0E3
Jeep Gladiator Joined the Gladiator cracked window club D60C38CC-A61A-44A9-9201-E241D71889C0

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I have searched and search. One i saw some one post a link to a insurance company that offers standalone full glass coverage. My insurance in CO has a deductible so want to explor getting a 2nd insurance just for the windshield. Thx!
Sponsored