Sponsored

JT Gladiator Media First Drive Event Happening Now

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ
The indications on this thread are the press is starting to drive them but are under a gag order until March. I would think the press wouldn't be able to give a first impression write up without a price to go along in the article, so hopefully we'll see pricing in March...
My comment was just hopeful regarding the price. Mining the hashtag for pics, many of the writers saying the embargo ends March 31. It sounds like they take them home and use them as daily drivers for a couple of weeks. That would make sense: they can run through three cycles that way.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
My comment was just hopeful regarding the price. Mining the hashtag for pics, many of the writers saying the embargo ends March 31. It sounds like they take them home and use them as daily drivers for a couple of weeks. That would make sense: they can run through three cycles that way.
I wish they'd loan me one. I need to pick up some plywood.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Looks like none of the Gladiators being driven are late availability colors.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Jeepinsider on YouTube claims the paint code for gator is the same as Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat that Jeep has used in the past.
He laid out a good case... and then pics of gator Gladiators on the factory floor started showing up. I think he's wrong. It's definitely more OD than a sparkly forest green.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That is a most interesting picture. It looks like this Gladiator does not have the trail rail system on it. But I can clearly see 2 D rings at the front of it. And you mention that it has a bed power outlet on it. Do you have any other pictures of this bed? I would love to see them as I have never seen a picture of a bed of a Gladiator without the trail rail system on it. Thanks to post more pictures if you have more. And do you have any pictures of the rear bumper of this truck? Oh and where did you see this one, what show?

Those D rings have to be standard, right? I'm hoping they are not part of the package.

Also no bedliner. First I have seen like that. Looks more like a truck!

I missed the bed plug pic somehow. That would be great stand-alone with no power doors.

Is this a JT Sport?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Jeepinsider on YouTube claims the paint code for gator is the same as Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat that Jeep has used in the past.
Yea, that video is old news now ! Me thinks HE is about to quit his Jeep Job - so he has hinted, and do Youtube (?) full time or something ? He needs to be careful what he says - they just might Fire him before he can quit ! to be fare, he has had some GOOD info. up till this Paint color thing .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Can't wait until TFL gets a hold of it!
Me to sorta . The TFL gang are pretty much part of the Jeep/Ram Fan Club ! They scratch each others backs and the symbiotic relationship seems to work ! They ARE "entertaining" at least and put out some good info. when it suits both parties . A general search on YouTube for gladiator info. usually gives other nice video options as well as TFL . . . which makes for a couple hours of fun viewing, and more angst over the delays ! Fun Times . . . :rock:

Last edited:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Those D rings have to be standard, right? I'm hoping they are not part of the package.

Also no bedliner. First I have seen like that. Looks more like a truck!

I missed the bed plug pic somehow. That would be great stand-alone with no power doors.

Is this a JT Sport?

D rings are standard. Plug is part part of the cargo management package. What pic are you looking at, and why do think sport? If it’s cause there is no bed liner that is a separate option and not standard on any trim.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
did anybody else know the grill was bigger than the JL? So does that mean grills aren't interchangable? What about hoods, fenders, bumpers with JL?

hmmmm

jeep grill.JPG
Those are equal in size. The screening is different however....

EDIT: Responded when I saw this, now that I am at th end, I see it was quoted 4 times.... LOL

Last edited:

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
did anybody else know the grill was bigger than the JL? So does that mean grills aren't interchangable? What about hoods, fenders, bumpers with JL?

hmmmm

jeep grill.JPG
Actually, from what Ive seen/read/heard the front end is the same (fenders, flares, hoods) HOWEVER, as far as the grill is concerned, if you look VERY VERY closely, the grille IS different. Same size perimeter but the slots are wider, strips in between the slots are a tiny bit thinner (for said extra air flow and cooling). SO.... a JL grill would fit but JT would probably run a little hotter from the loss of air flow on radiator... This however brings up another question...Could a JL owner throw on a JT grill and get better cooling while crawling???

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Actually, from what Ive seen/read/heard the front end is the same (fenders, flares, hoods) HOWEVER, as far as the grill is concerned, if you look VERY VERY closely, the grille IS different. Same size perimeter but the slots are wider, strips in between the slots are a tiny bit thinner (for said extra air flow and cooling). SO.... a JL grill would fit but JT would probably run a little hotter from the loss of air flow on radiator... This however brings up another question...Could a JL owner throw on a JT grill and get better cooling while crawling???
Well good, I wasn't thinking the grill slots could just be bigger. Lol, oops
Sponsored