JT Gladiator Media First Drive Event Happening Now

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have seen a lot of tan Wranglers lately and a lot of grey ones too. I assume these are close to Gobi and Sting Grey. They both look great and if these are exactly what the Gladiator colors will look like then damn, hard to pick between the two. The Gobi with the black top looks great, don’t need to pay for a same color roof. And as luck would have it they are both delayed release colors. Fantastic. Just what I need on top of Jeep dragging things on.
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
1D43E171-E827-4D52-A34B-5DC50A839FD7.jpeg
Looking at this picture I can’t help but wonder if they rolled up the rear window and have it stowed right at the top of the window and just below the fabric top. See what I circled in yellow, looks shiney to me like plastic rolled up could look like.
That looks a lot more like sunlight reflecting off the speaker bar. The rear window has rigid vertical strips/plastic rails that would recent it from rolling up. The reason the JK and older windows could roll is because they used zippers instead of sliding interlocking rails.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
did anybody else know the grill was bigger than the JL? So does that mean grills aren't interchangable? What about hoods, fenders, bumpers with JL?

hmmmm

jeep grill.JPG
The grill is actually the same size, but it has bigger openings to accommodate better cooling for the higher payload and towing capacity.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
“Under embargo”, “can’t post reviews till March”, etc... what do they think this thing is, a stealth bomber? Are they afraid the Russians or Chinese are gonna steal the technology?

What the hell is it with this company? I haven’t seen this level of secrecy since the aliens crashed at Roswell...

Supposedly, this thing is about to be available but we still can’t find get so much as a review? It’s actually starting to piss me off. Do they have something to hide? Instead of making me want it more it’s kind of scaring me off...

I’m getting close to saying eFF this thing and go test drive a Tacoma. At least it’s tangible, I can put my hands on it and know I’ll have it in time to hunt and fish this summer.
However much it sucks from our point of view, this is standard practice in the industry. Not just Jeep.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
However much it sucks from our point of view, this is standard practice in the industry. Not just Jeep.
Maybe in this era jeep follows the crowd, but I remeber different

1971 Jeep Ad.jpg

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
“Under embargo”, “can’t post reviews till March”, etc... what do they think this thing is, a stealth bomber? Are they afraid the Russians or Chinese are gonna steal the technology?

What the hell is it with this company? I haven’t seen this level of secrecy since the aliens crashed at Roswell...

Supposedly, this thing is about to be available but we still can’t find get so much as a review? It’s actually starting to piss me off. Do they have something to hide? Instead of making me want it more it’s kind of scaring me off...

I’m getting close to saying eFF this thing and go test drive a Tacoma. At least it’s tangible, I can put my hands on it and know I’ll have it in time to hunt and fish this summer.
Embargo of reviews is pretty common. I'm guessing that marketing wants media reviews, Easter Jeep Fiasco, NY Auto show (pricing) and dealer deliveries to come in a steady stream. Their schedule has definitely slipped though- this time last year it looked like they would be on the same time line as the Ranger.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
I'm warming up to the soft top now that I've seen these pictures. It opens up way further than I thought.
Agreed. I've been warming up to it also, but if it doesn't fold down any flatter than what we're seeing here, I'm out. No interest in cruising with a parachute up top. Looks ridiculous and I can't imagine the fabric will last long with that kind of wind drag.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That is a most interesting picture. It looks like this Gladiator does not have the trail rail system on it. But I can clearly see 2 D rings at the front of it. And you mention that it has a bed power outlet on it. Do you have any other pictures of this bed? I would love to see them as I have never seen a picture of a bed of a Gladiator without the trail rail system on it. Thanks to post more pictures if you have more. And do you have any pictures of the rear bumper of this truck? Oh and where did you see this one, what show?

Last edited:

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
That GOBI color looks greenish in that lighting . Looking forward to seeing the New GATOR color on the Gladiator . . . come on JEEP paint up a few for MOAB or sooner ! Please !
Jeepinsider on YouTube claims the paint code for gator is the same as Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat that Jeep has used in the past.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
upload_2019-2-14_12-37-59.png

Notice the comment: We are still a "couple weeks away" from knowing the price. March 1, perhaps?
The indications on this thread are the press is starting to drive them but are under a gag order until March. I would think the press wouldn't be able to give a first impression write up without a price to go along in the article, so hopefully we'll see pricing in March...
Sponsored